Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

Well I happen to know a substantial booster as well and not only is this not true, but he is furious by it. He says it's no wonder Bo cant get recruiting off the ground and the program back to where it is with so-called "fans" undermining everyyear by running to social media and plodding their perceived entitlements and bullsh#t. He says guys like this outta be strung up and beaten with reeds by the rest of the fanbase. LOL.

My question is, from a place of no insider knowledge or understanding, if this booster (and I presume others) are so furious about it, why don't they come out and address the elephant in the room?

Just because you give money to an organization, doesn't mean you have any true pull with it. Collectively you might, but not an individual donor. So to come out and make a statement as a single donor, you would come off like a pretentious a$$hole. Maybe he's a nice guy. If you take him out for a nice steak dinner, you would do right to call him back. Signed Mrs. Dorthy Mantooth.

Well I happen to know a substantial booster as well and not only is this not true, but he is furious by it. He says it's no wonder Bo cant get recruiting off the ground and the program back to where it is with so-called "fans" undermining everyyear by running to social media and plodding their perceived entitlements and bullsh#t. He says guys like this outta be strung up and beaten with reeds by the rest of the fanbase. LOL.

My question is, from a place of no insider knowledge or understanding, if this booster (and I presume others) are so furious about it, why don't they come out and address the elephant in the room?

Becuase it's just one booster. And it's just adding to the meaningless speculation of 'I heard this" and "I heard that". One voice does not stand for everyone.

Basically my comment was a smart ass response to pretty much everything HuskerBoard right now. The only truth to is that I do know a booster, and he did say this.

Does your friend happen to work in irrigation in south central Nebraska?

I want to keep Bo, but I believe a caveat to keeping him is reworking his staff. As I've heard several people say the last few days, Nebraska is a destination job. It's not a proving ground. I think we took a pretty big risk hiring Pelini when we did, and his promoting of friends from within I think has seriously hurt the program.

If we rework the staff and keep Pelini, then it becomes a game of how much longer do we give him to gel with the new guys, and then how much influence will Eichorst try to have in the assistant hiring process?

Pure speculation,

Higher ups having dirt on Carl, Bo covering for Carl.

CARL IS A SAINT!!!1!

It's a stupid rumor, but Carl running around, doing what he did, and Bo covering for it, especially if it involved illegal activity, would constitute show cause.

So we kick it under the rug for 2 years until people want Bo out for only winning 9 or 10 games instead of 11 or 12, and that's when we bring up the "problems". Yeah, that sounds honorable.

No kidding, but Tom was/is a Bo guy, and Perlman isn't, and he hired Eichorst on his own...

Not sure what to think. Bo wanted out a couple of years ago and was talked down from the ledge by Osborne and other boosters/friends.

I really like Bo, but he may be one of those great coordinator, but not a great fit as HC at a major program type guys. He could probably pick a number of places to be a DC, and not have to worry about the BS that goes with being a HC.

My made up rumor: He has heart issues and can't take the stress of being a HC at a major program. Was it last year that he had to leave a game?

Becuase it's just one booster. And it's just adding to the meaningless speculation of 'I heard this" and "I heard that". One voice does not stand for everyone.

Basically my comment was a smart ass response to pretty much everything HuskerBoard right now. The only truth to is that I do know a booster, and he did say this.

Does your friend happen to work in irrigation in south central Nebraska?

Nope :lol:

But I do know that bunch too. Use to do some plumbing work for that bunch when I was in that profession. My dad did much more and knows them on a rather personal level. But that's not who I'm referring to. I dont have the luxury of ever speaking with them

Okay, so Shawn Eichorst comes out and says he fully supports Bo and expects to retain him. Then, Nebraska goes and drops the last two games. If Eichorst makes a change, he's a liar and a backstabber because he said he fully supported Bo, but then fired him. If he says he's evaluating the staff as the season moves forward, then he's a head hunter and is looking to drop Bo at any possible time. It's totally lose-lose.

I've come to the conclusion that people will not only find a way to burn Pelini to the ground but are bound and determined to make Eichorst into some sort of Steve Pederson like AD. Okay folks, whatever. Classless as it may be to constantly try to drum up drama, it is the way of the world we live in. It's f'ing pathetic too. McKewon and his comments yesterday were about as ridiculous representation of absolute media trash I've seen in a long time.

Okay, so Shawn Eichorst comes out and says he fully supports Bo and expects to retain him. Then, Nebraska goes and drops the last two games. If Eichorst makes a change, he's a liar and a backstabber because he said he fully supported Bo, but then fired him. If he says he's evaluating the staff as the season moves forward, then he's a head hunter and is looking to drop Bo at any possible time. It's totally lose-lose.

This.

The situation could still go either way. Unless you're committed to him NO MATTER WHAT, you don't say anything.

http://lukebinder.wo...er-good-enough/

I thought this was interesting. He brought up some good points. I have no idea what's gonna happen after the Iowa game, but I don't have a good feeling.

That article was confusing.

"It’s as if the Husker faithful have begun to solely blame Bo and his staff for the Huskers continued shortcomings this year."

Well are they the coaches or not? If the coaches aren't accountable for the team's performance, then who is?

"I, for one, think removing (in any way) Pelini from head coach is the worst possible thing the Nebraska football program could do as it finds itself at another crossroads."

"The athletic department should look at what Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles has done to breathe life into Nebrasketball."

We should do what the Basketball program did? Bring in a new coach?

I fully agreed with this part however:

"To be sure, drastic change is needed if Husker football is going to be rejuvenated and resurrected from its current neutral state. However, that drastic change is not found in firing Bo Pelini. On the contrary, the administration at Nebraska must look at the current model the program uses to market itself and change the way it does business. A move into the twenty-first century is needed (and long overdue) for the gameday experience at Memorial Stadium."

• Fire 1

"The athletic department should look at what Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles has done to breathe life into Nebrasketball."

We should do what the Basketball program did? Bring in a new coach?

No dummy. Build a new stadium. Duh.

I know we just finished the east stadium expansion and all, but seriously. Do you wanna win or not?