Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

Since this is all conjecture anyways, I've got a couple theories that could support why Bo would resign.

1- He was basically blackmailed after tapegate, to prevent being let go at that time, maybe he had to agree to resign if certain milestones were not reached this season. It has been rumored that he was required to either get to the CCG and perform well or win it. His demeanor these last few weeks has been extremely subdued imo. It wouldn't surprise me if maybe he has been anticipating this and dreading it for quite some time.

2- Bo seems like a pretty straight shooter and standup guy. Maybe he did not meet some performance standards that had been set and is actually holding himself accountable for falling short.

3- Possibly the rumored 2nd, unreleased, tape recording of him going off at a practice is being held over his head, to assure a resignation and to prevent the distasteful firing of a 9+/- win coach. I would think that would be something the Nebraska AD would be highly sensitive to after the Solich deal.

Anyway, I don't think Bo resigning is near as farfetched as some here do. If true, I've got highly mixed feelings. A few weeks ago, I might've just said good riddance but I've seen much these past two games to renew some hope. One things for sure, this rumor sure does match up with some other recent rumors about Tressel being interested, etc. The fact that this guy, whoever he is, put his name to it, knowing the potential sh#tstorm, only lends credibility imo.

This. I actually think it's quite likely that Bo would duck out rather than be fired. He seems to be as sick of Nebraska as many of us are sick of him.

It also wouldn't shock me if there was some additional tapes/stuff that the athletic department is slow playing provided Bo doesn't make things too messy. At this point, it's probably in everyone's best interests if we all went our separate ways.

Heres the deal. Im on the fence about what I think should happen, but I would bet Bo will be our coach next year.

Last I heard Vegas had him favored to be fired at around -230. I say we pool our money together and bet against it. We will win some good money. $100 against pays $230!!

I'm not really concerned if this is true right now. Eichorst needs to do his darn job and support his coach, just a "nothing to see here" even if Bo is gone.

Get the dogs off his back, I don't know why Shawn hasn't said anything. Rumors like this are just hurting the team, these guys have dealt with enough bull$#*! this year.

:boxosoap

For what it's worth, a poster on huskermax says he is friends with 2 donors of substance and they said that this rumor is true. The deal was worked out during the Purdue bye week. He resigns at a reduced buyout and no indiscretion come out. He is being let go for cause.

He thinks it is true, but again says fwiw

I highly doubt this anyway but there is no chance it happened that early.

Bo is incredibly loyal. I'm very skeptical he would cut a deal to save himself while leaving his staff and players out to dry. And I doubt they would have put so much effort into recruiting during both bye weeks if they are on the way out.

Pure speculation,

Higher ups having dirt on Carl, Bo covering for Carl.

CARL IS A SAINT!!!1!

It's a stupid rumor, but Carl running around, doing what he did, and Bo covering for it, especially if it involved illegal activity, would constitute show cause.

So we kick it under the rug for 2 years until people want Bo out for only winning 9 or 10 games instead of 11 or 12, and that's when we bring up the "problems". Yeah, that sounds honorable.

I'm not really concerned if this is true right now. Eichorst needs to do his darn job and support his coach, just a "nothing to see here" even if Bo is gone.

Get the dogs off his back, I don't know why Shawn hasn't said anything. Rumors like this are just hurting the team, these guys have dealt with enough bull$#*! this year.

That's what really bothers me with this. Shawn when hired stated if we don't know his name then he has done his job. Well in times like this you have to say something to put the rumors to bed. Florida has done that with Muschamp, why can't we do that with Bo? Even if Shawn doesn't like the media attention. Then just put out a simple statement in the paper or Harvey get on tv and support Bo. We all know he loves the camera lol.

• Fire 1

That's what really bothers me with this. Shawn when hired stated if we don't know his name then he has done his job. Well in times like this you have to say something to put the rumors to bed. Florida has done that with Muschamp, why can't we do that with Bo? Even if Shawn doesn't like the media attention. Then just put out a simple statement in the paper or Harvey get on tv and support Bo. We all know he loves the camera lol.

No you dont. The best way to put rumors to bed is to not adress them at all, then they flame out. When you address rumors, you concede that there is at least something to them by feeling the need to address them. It's basic psychology actually. Eichorst has not addressed any of this because Bo isnt getting fired. Unless of course the wheels come completely off these last two games and we get blown out twice, but I seriously doubt that happens. Bo is going to be given the chance to build on the experience gained by all the young players this year, and I agree with the move. But I honestly dont know if he can take the next step.

VERY spotty-give this a read: https://twitter.com/...707962541506561

If I was going into a fight, I can think of a bunch of people I'd pick before Bo. He looks mean on TV, maybe a little scrappy - but I still think he'd get his a** kicked against a decent opponent. Then again, I could see Bo as a someone who fights dirty, grabs the beer bottle off the bar. Maybe he'd be a solid pick. Still think I get my a** beat if I choose Bo though.

Well I happen to know a substantial booster as well and not only is this not true, but he is furious by it. He says it's no wonder Bo cant get recruiting off the ground and the program back to where it is with so-called "fans" undermining everyyear by running to social media and plodding their perceived entitlements and bullsh#t. He says guys like this outta be strung up and beaten with reeds by the rest of the fanbase. LOL.

My question is, from a place of no insider knowledge or understanding, if this booster (and I presume others) are so furious about it, why don't they come out and address the elephant in the room?

Well I happen to know a substantial booster as well and not only is this not true, but he is furious by it. He says it's no wonder Bo cant get recruiting off the ground and the program back to where it is with so-called "fans" undermining everyyear by running to social media and plodding their perceived entitlements and bullsh#t. He says guys like this outta be strung up and beaten with reeds by the rest of the fanbase. LOL.

My question is, from a place of no insider knowledge or understanding, if this booster (and I presume others) are so furious about it, why don't they come out and address the elephant in the room?

Becuase it's just one booster. And it's just adding to the meaningless speculation of 'I heard this" and "I heard that". One voice does not stand for everyone.

Basically my comment was a smart ass response to pretty much everything HuskerBoard right now. The only truth to is that I do know a booster, and he did say this.

For what it's worth, a poster on huskermax says he is friends with 2 donors of substance and they said that this rumor is true. The deal was worked out during the Purdue bye week. He resigns at a reduced buyout and no indiscretion come out. He is being let go for cause.

He thinks it is true, but again says fwiw

I highly doubt this anyway but there is no chance it happened that early.

Bo is incredibly loyal. I'm very skeptical he would cut a deal to save himself while leaving his staff and players out to dry. And I doubt they would have put so much effort into recruiting during both bye weeks if they are on the way out.

Don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what I read. :ahhhhhhhh