Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

on 93.7 the ticket in Lincoln. They were talking about names mentioned for replacing Bo. The one name I heard while on lunch was Mike Gundy out of OSU. I didn't hear the entire conversation but was talking about how he's mentioned interest and how he would fit within the program, if we could even lure him away from OSU.

Well we know he isn't getting fired. No way in hell we would go through a 9 win firing again. So if anything crazy like this were to happen it would either be a forced resignation or Bo resigning on his own. For anyone who knows Bo's personality and listened to every one of his press conferences after each game, practice etc, ill tell you that Bo would not resign on his own. Probably a stupid rumor but I guess we will find out in two weeks.

Why do you say that? Every coach Bo has ever "fired" has resigned. Seems to be how he handles things.

on 93.7 the ticket in Lincoln. They were talking about names mentioned for replacing Bo. The one name I heard while on lunch was Mike Gundy out of OSU. I didn't hear the entire conversation but was talking about how he's mentioned interest and how he would fit within the program, if we could even lure him away from OSU.

Mike Gundy? No way. No way. No way. He's at his alma mater, and has T Boone Pickens as his disposal. No. Just, no.

Mike Gundy? No way. No way. No way. He's at his alma mater, and has T Boone Pickens as his disposal. No. Just, no.

I don't think he would leave either. Just thought it was interesting that he was even mentioned

Bo cannot dance

Lies.

Classic coach downfall.

Do a great thing for a sick kid.

Keep your players loose with a prank.

Do a HarlemShake video.

All the signs were there. It's no wonder the wheels have fallen off.

And now apparently his brother's on crack

Well we know he isn't getting fired. No way in hell we would go through a 9 win firing again. So if anything crazy like this were to happen it would either be a forced resignation or Bo resigning on his own. For anyone who knows Bo's personality and listened to every one of his press conferences after each game, practice etc, ill tell you that Bo would not resign on his own. Probably a stupid rumor but I guess we will find out in two weeks.

Why do you say that? Every coach Bo has ever "fired" has resigned. Seems to be how he handles things.

And Marvin Sanders was literally the only one who was not found a job, or had another job lined up prior to such resignation. Little bit a of a different type of deal in my opinion.

And Marvin Sanders was literally the only one who was not found a job, or had another job lined up prior to such resignation. Little bit a of a different type of deal in my opinion.

I'm just saying it's a lot cleaner. How things seem to be done around here. Bo's getting his contract paid out whether he's fired, or he "resigns". If he resigns (gets bought out), it's not voluntary - he's being "fired", just like many before him. So if he's getting his money either way, I'm sure he'd rather go out with a resignation than a soap opera firing. Who wouldn't? And it's a much better thing for the program and the players if it's done that way. We won't have to hear about how we fired a 9 win coach either.