Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

I know people are gonna rag on him for saying "he wants to be here" with the audio and such, so I'm gonna get ahead of that little scuffle now. Just because he'd rather be somewhere more (ohio st) doesnt mean he doesnt want to be here at all. So hopefully that little snippet wont get nitpicked becuase of a little temper tantrum 2 years ago.

like, i want to be with kate upton. but i am very happy to be with my wife. and at the end of the day, i am proud of what i have done for our relationship.

You should be glad what I have done for your relationship. You'd be divorced if it wasnt for me telling her not to every week when we meet up at thr Red Roof Inn. ;)

One year as DC doesn't automatically make him a "Nebraska guy," so many people seem to love their "Nebraska guys" such as former players or coaches that played here or are from the area. Those guys I can understand people having much more emotional connection to, but so many people have fallen head over heels for guy that has a 5-16 record against AP top 25 teams.

• Fire 1

The loyalty to a coach with no ties to the program, and no significant wins while at Nebraska is quite astounding. The way people are saying they hope it's not true and how could they even consider getting rid of him, there's more loyalty to Bo than the program.

Careful. Those loyalty guys will come after you and gang up on you mang.

The loyalty to a coach with no ties to the program, and no significant wins while at Nebraska is quite astounding. The way people are saying they hope it's not true and how could they even consider getting rid of him, there's more loyalty to Bo than the program.

Careful. Those loyalty guys will come after you and gang up on you mang.

Don't worry. The people he's talking about are all made of straw.

Allow me to explain.

Most people have 20/20 hindsight and can see the havoc wreaked on the program by firing a 9 win coach, since they've seen it happen before. They've also seen the kind of success that the program has had in the past with coaching continuity.

Retaining Bo is best for the program. Firing Bo might be worse for the program than the last time we fired a 9 win coach. So if you're honest about your loyalty, you need to switch sides in this debate ASAP.

Allow me to explain.

Most people have 20/20 hindsight and can see the havoc wreaked on the program by firing a 9 win coach, since they've seen it happen before. They've also seen the kind of success that the program has had in the past with coaching continuity.

Retaining Bo is best for the program. Firing Bo might be worse for the program than the last time we fired a 9 win coach. So if you're honest about your loyalty, you need to switch sides in this debate ASAP.

This argument does not hold a lot of water, in my opinion. Your argument assumes constants. 9-4 Frank Solich = 9-4 Bo Pelini. Replacement Coach Callahan = (possible) replacement for Coach Pelini. 2003 does not equal 2013 or 2007. We are talking about people here...an entire football team, with at least 100 different individuals in each of these years. Assuming history repeats itself is not a valid argument when you add in the human element. I might also add that we are discussing 2 different AD's!

Speaking of the AD, I don't think the AD is looking at 1 single factor. The questions before the AD are as follows:

1) Is the program improving?

2) Are players graduating?

3) Is the program relevent nationally?

4) Are ticket sales in the same demand? Are boosters having to pony up seats to keep the soldout streak intact (from what I hear, yes)?

5) Are memoribilia sales up or down?

6) Are there behavioral issues or other things (like the tape) that could put the university and the program in a bad light?

7) How is recruiting?

8) What is the quality of assistants?

9) How is the S&C program going? Are players being developed?

10) Is the team / program reaching its potential?

There are probably more questions, and I'm sure those of us on each side of the fence could answer some of those more "subjective" questions differently. Most arguments that I see are simple, and are based on one singular point of view. I think you have to look at the whole package and what is best for the program overall.

Link?

No idea who this dude is, he is prob just starting crap for fun, but have at it

@Mike_Goodlander: @JohnBishop71 Husker source tells me that the call has already been made. There is a top 5 list. No dust kicking here. Just the facts

@Mike_Goodlander: @JohnBishop71 @adamb_15 It wasn't "breaking news" as much as it was from a srce. Some r reliable some not. I believe this to be reliable.

@12dcvf: @JohnBishop71 @Mike_Goodlander @adamb_15 Sean E. and Mike Dobbs met with a booster (or a few) yesterday. That isn't a lie either.