Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

Today's show of support plays in very well to this particular conspiracy. :snacks::nanalama:moreinteresting

LOL at wifi embarrassing himself over on rivals. He and his newfound buddy Sarasota were going on in the last two weeks about how it was a done deal Bo was gone. Bo served his head on a freaking plate Friday and still has a job.

Wifi actually DIDN'T have insider info???

mind-blown.gif

The loyalty to a coach with no ties to the program, and no significant wins while at Nebraska is quite astounding. The way people are saying they hope it's not true and how could they even consider getting rid of him, there's more loyalty to Bo than the program.

Allow me to explain.

Most people have 20/20 hindsight and can see the havoc wreaked on the program by firing a 9 win coach, since they've seen it happen before. They've also seen the kind of success that the program has had in the past with coaching continuity.

Retaining Bo is best for the program. Firing Bo might be worse for the program than the last time we fired a 9 win coach. So if you're honest about your loyalty, you need to switch sides in this debate ASAP.

This argument does not hold a lot of water, in my opinion. Your argument assumes constants. 9-4 Frank Solich = 9-4 Bo Pelini. Replacement Coach Callahan = (possible) replacement for Coach Pelini. 2003 does not equal 2013 or 2007. We are talking about people here...an entire football team, with at least 100 different individuals in each of these years. Assuming history repeats itself is not a valid argument when you add in the human element. I might also add that we are discussing 2 different AD's!

Speaking of the AD, I don't think the AD is looking at 1 single factor. The questions before the AD are as follows:

1) Is the program improving?

2) Are players graduating?

3) Is the program relevent nationally?

4) Are ticket sales in the same demand? Are boosters having to pony up seats to keep the soldout streak intact (from what I hear, yes)?

5) Are memoribilia sales up or down?

6) Are there behavioral issues or other things (like the tape) that could put the university and the program in a bad light?

7) How is recruiting?

8) What is the quality of assistants?

9) How is the S&C program going? Are players being developed?

10) Is the team / program reaching its potential?

There are probably more questions, and I'm sure those of us on each side of the fence could answer some of those more "subjective" questions differently. Most arguments that I see are simple, and are based on one singular point of view. I think you have to look at the whole package and what is best for the program overall.

Not to mention that the botched coaching search had more to do with Frank leaving very little talent, and potential coaches knew that winning 9 games was an aberration. Throw in SP's unrealistic expiations of "not allowing UT and OU to own the conference" and that is how you ended up with Bill. He was the only one arrogant, stupid, delusional (take your pick) to think that he could turn it around that fast. IMO SP would have been better off by allowing Frank to stay one more year, let him blow the bowl streak (as that was his team that did it in the first place) then we wouldn’t have had the division in the fan base and then could have had a valid and competent coaching search. He would also had to state to everyone to give the new coach a few years to get us back to where we want to be (like Tom did for Bo) so they wouldn't be forced to sign a ton of JUCO's to fill in for the lack of talent like Bill did. But SP was trying to keep the bowl streak alive so that is why he acted when he did and it did more damage than good. We didn't get the right fit and Frank had already done enough damage to the program to where the bowl streak was as good as broken no matter what was done.

That is the difference this time around, I think there is more talent now than there was when Frank was fired. So finding a coach shouldn’t be that hard, especially if we are willing to pay top dollar. Plus I believe that we are in good hands with our AD, better than we have been in a long time. So I trust him to do the right thing, unlike our previous AD’s.

IMO Bo’s biggest problem is that he hasn’t learned how to be a true CEO and mettles too much in area’s that he’s not an expert in, which is the offensive side of the ball. I find it hilarious that people ran Watson out of town and now want Beck ran out and all they are doing is following what their boss is telling them to do. Then he has a DC that is nothing more than a relay guy for what play he calls. If he doesn’t trust his assistants to do a good job, then why hire them in the first place? That is why I think the only way he stays is if he has a mass overhaul of his assistants and lets them do their job. Have your meetings, come up with a game plan on both sides of the ball and then get out of the way and allow your coordinators to do their job. But once again that comes down to Bo’s trust issues and for him to take that next step and become anything other than an average at best head coach, he needs to get over those trust issues.

This has been beaten to death with regards to talent inherited by all involved. Do yourself a favor and do a little digging. If you do, you will notice there were more top 3 round draft picks heading to the NFL from the 2004 squad than there were from the 1998 squad. USC and Texas are also going to be more than willing to pay top dollar for a head coach. Texas is considerably more loaded with talent than we are. If there is any truth to the rumors of Eichorst having a top 5 list, there's probably reason enough to believe we're sticking with Bo because all 5 expressed zero to little interest.

So I know someone that is friends with this guy. He told me that it was never intended to blow up the way it did. It was just supposed to be a conversation amongst his facebook friends. The guy feels horrible.

I guess he should have known that this is Nebraska and we jump on news like this like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

Went back and reread it. You (he) almost had me convinced until the end: "My sources shall remain unnamed." Not, "that's what I've heard, anyway." He sure seemed to be wanting to preset as someone who had some insider info. I'm sure he didn't think it would blow up but he didn't have to go all wifi with it either.

So I know someone that is friends with this guy. He told me that it was never intended to blow up the way it did. It was just supposed to be a conversation amongst his facebook friends. The guy feels horrible.

I guess he should have known that this is Nebraska and we jump on news like this like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

Went back and reread it. You (he) almost had me convinced until the end: "My sources shall remain unnamed." Not, "that's what I've heard, anyway." He sure seemed to be wanting to preset as someone who had some insider info. I'm sure he didn't think it would blow up but he didn't have to go all wifi with it either.

That is what I told the friend as well. Lesson learned by him

Watching the Seahawks-Saints game last night reminded me of a "rumor" I heard a few weeks back. My dad had a guy tell him that someone he knows who knows someone, etc heard that Pete Carroll was tired of the NFL and wanted to come back to college. He had already made an agreement to come coach Nebraska for 3-4 years with Scott Frost as his OC with SF to take over the HC job after Carroll retires. I can't remember who the DC was supposed to be but I got a pretty good laugh out of the whole thing.

Edit: Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already

He put it on the frickin internet. He's an idiot.

There is no doubt his level of intelligence with regards to Husker football internet rumors is very sub-par. But we still can't rule out he is wrong until Bo quashes the Washington rumors, right?

There is no doubt his level of intelligence with regards to Husker football internet rumors is very sub-par. But we still can't rule out he is wrong until Bo quashes the Washington rumors, right?

Didn't he say Bo was resigning after Iowa? And that hasn't happened, right? So, no.

Unless he somehow also knew that USC would hire Sark and open up the Washington job.

Didn't he say Bo was resigning after Iowa? And that hasn't happened, right? So, no.

Unless he somehow also knew that USC would hire Sark and open up the Washington job.

Well, technically it is still after Iowa. But my comment was made in jest.