Randy Gregory

Per Sean Callahan

***A source inside the program tells me if the coaching staff is let go that sophomore defensive end Randy Gregory will highly considering going pro. Scouts have told the NU coaches that Gregory will go no later than the end of the first round, and there's not another player in college football that uses his hands better than Gregory. He's the type of player that will also test very well at the NFL Combine.

Wow, its been a while since this program has had a first round pick. If he declares to go then that snaps a 2 year drought. Lavonte should of been a first rounder in the 2012 draft though

Per Sean Callahan

***A source inside the program tells me if the coaching staff is let go that sophomore defensive end Randy Gregory will highly considering going pro. Scouts have told the NU coaches that Gregory will go no later than the end of the first round, and there's not another player in college football that uses his hands better than Gregory. He's the type of player that will also test very well at the NFL Combine.

Am I the only one who is really worried about this? This would be an incredibly huge loss for us, we are finally back to getting pressure on the QB and our defense looks solid for next year. RG44 is irreplaceable at this point for this program.

He said he's coming back next year because he's got a lot to learn. If Bo goes, he's gone as well.

So be it. Lots of guys say sh#t like that. Have you ever heard a player say he doesn't love his coach? He could probably learn more from a different coaching staff.

USC this year?

Okay I'll give you that one. But you have to admit Kiffin is the exception by far. It happens all the time. Players don't say anything negative about their coach until he leaves.

Per Sean Callahan

Am I the only one who is really worried about this? This would be an incredibly huge loss for us, we are finally back to getting pressure on the QB and our defense looks solid for next year. RG44 is irreplaceable at this point for this program.

Randy Gregory is absolutely a blast to watch. However...

I would hope we are not worried about the commitment of one player for one season when debating the next decade of NU football and who should be the leader of this program.

Per Sean Callahan

He is very valuable and talented, but based on some very painful life experience it is folly to claim someone is irreplaceable. Him leaving would hurt for sure. What's to say he wouldn't leave even if Bo does stay? A successful program (or business) always has to be prepared to lose skilled people and keep on ticking. Don't want to see him go, nor do I really want to see Bo go, but there will still be a Husker team next spring either way. And oh...how long has the name Randy Gregory been a household name in Huskerdom? Less than a year? What nameless person might be out there waiting for their chance?