Randy Gregory

RG44 really didn't have a great game against Penn State. I thought Avery Moss was more effective, and he's a guy that really gets overshadowed by Gregory, but he has impressed me all season.

We're apparently on the same track today. I'm guessing that Gregory isn't quite strong enough against a really physical team, especially when they are running the ball. 10 months in the weight room and at the training table should fix most of that problem. But I agree with you about Moss.

RG44 really didn't have a great game against Penn State. I thought Avery Moss was more effective, and he's a guy that really gets overshadowed by Gregory, but he has impressed me all season.

We're apparently on the same track today. I'm guessing that Gregory isn't quite strong enough against a really physical team, especially when they are running the ball. 10 months in the weight room and at the training table should fix most of that problem. But I agree with you about Moss.

he looked very gassed in the MSU game. Maybe being overused or a reflection of S&C.

If I recall correctly every time Penn State passed they went to Moss's side. They went away from Gregory quite a bit.

he looked very gassed in the MSU game. Maybe being overused or a reflection of S&C.

Or literally just tired from having to go against guys who weigh 80 more pounds than he does.

Or literally just tired from having to go against guys who weigh 80 more pounds than he does.

then he's gonna have to have some relief. He can't sustain an entire game without relief. We need to clone him

The balance that Penn St played with offensively really neutralized him quite a bit. He had to play with a bit more balance. But hwen we get teams into 2nd and 3rd and long, and he can step out and just tee of, he's pretty much unblockable. And you cant exactly put to guys on him and leave the middle open for the likes of Curry and Valantine and such.

I would agree, but I also wondered about the conditions and footing. It didn't look like he was able to get off the ball as quick or coudn't push like he usually does. the guy might be banged up a little too. hard to say.

He really reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul a lot. Hopefully, thats what he turns out to be.

Haha! I was just thinking of JPP on Saturday when I was watching Gregory. A very apt comparison, if I say so myself ;)

I believe JPP was also a 5-star JUCO decommit from Nebraska. One that got away...

Gregory is going to be a force in the league. I'd guess a 4-3 team will take him at DE.

Haha! I was just thinking of JPP on Saturday when I was watching Gregory. A very apt comparison, if I say so myself ;)

I believe JPP was also a 5-star JUCO decommit from Nebraska. One that got away...

Gregory is going to be a force in the league. I'd guess a 4-3 team will take him at DE.

JPP was a one and done before running to the riches of the NFL. But if he did come here that would have been a heck of a team in 2009 with him harassing QBs with Suh. McCoy wouldn't have had a chance!!

Per Sean Callahan

***A source inside the program tells me if the coaching staff is let go that sophomore defensive end Randy Gregory will highly considering going pro. Scouts have told the NU coaches that Gregory will go no later than the end of the first round, and there's not another player in college football that uses his hands better than Gregory. He's the type of player that will also test very well at the NFL Combine.