Randy Gregory

Having watched more and more of Gregory this season I'm more impressed with this kid with every game. We have what one more year of him? Maybe two? Don't know for sure, but what are the chances he becomes another "Suh" type of player? I realize one was a DT and the other is a DE, but I'm talking about pure athletic talent and dominance on the defensive side of the ball. The kid just seems to have "IT" and I hope he can develop into that type of player. Just looking for other opinions on what you see out of the kid. Really excited about our DL for the future with him Moss, VV, etc. some good players in there.

He's got two more years of eligibility IIRC. Because of the year he's had, his challenge over the off-season will have to be constant improvement. It sounds obvious, but by next year teams will know the name Randy Gregory and they'll be scheming around him. In some ways he's still an unknown because he came onto the scene this year and it took him a few games to find his groove.

Suh really came along his junior year so that by senior year, teams were scheming around him. Suh was just a better athlete than a lot of the guys he went up against and he continued to just get better and better, so that will be Gregory's challenge too.

He's got two more years of eligibility IIRC. Because of the year he's had, his challenge over the off-season will have to be constant improvement. It sounds obvious, but by next year teams will know the name Randy Gregory and they'll be scheming around him. In some ways he's still an unknown because he came onto the scene this year and it took him a few games to find his groove.

This is true but they'll either have to choose between double-teaming Gregory or Valentine or they'll have to keep extra people in to block to double-team both of them. Either way, that is advantage us.

RG sure does have a lot of potential, but yesterday he struggled quite a bit. He did a decent job in run support, but he also got man-handled 1 on 1 vs. PSU's left tackle. The last several games he was getting around double and triple teams, but he got stone-walled yesterday almost every time he rushed the passer from the DE spot against just one defender.

RG sure does have a lot of potential, but yesterday he struggled quite a bit. He did a decent job in run support, but he also got man-handled 1 on 1 vs. PSU's left tackle. The last several games he was getting around double and triple teams, but he got stone-walled yesterday almost every time he rushed the passer from the DE spot against just one defender.

They also game planned specifically for him, go back and watch how many times they dropped straight back, most of the passes were roll or sprint outs AWAY from him.

You could also tell hackenberg isn't extremely comfortable throwing on the run, I would say rrg44 had a good impact on the game just because of that!

They also game planned specifically for him, go back and watch how many times they dropped straight back, most of the passes were roll or sprint outs AWAY from him.

You could also tell hackenberg isn't extremely comfortable throwing on the run, I would say rrg44 had a good impact on the game just because of that!

I have watched the game over and charted drop back plays. They had like 22 straight drop backs in the pocket. 17 times he was 1 on 1 vs the LT. He had 0 QB hurries and 0 sacks. The got stone walled every time. The roll outs PSU were running had more to do with our over pursuit in the run game than running away from RG, although he may have had a little impact on the play design. But again, there wasn't much to worry about because he was getting beat 1 on 1 the entire game.

I'm not saying he isn't great or won't be great, but people are allowed to make fair observations and that is what I'm doing. Don't take it as me saying I think he sucks. He had a solid game in run support and had poor game in rushing the passer. Not a big deal, he will be better next week

I have watched the game over and charted drop back plays. They had like 22 straight drop backs in the pocket. 17 times he was 1 on 1 vs the LT. He had 0 QB hurries and 0 sacks. The got stone walled every time. The roll outs PSU were running had more to do with our over pursuit in the run game than running away from RG, although he may have had a little impact on the play design. But again, there wasn't much to worry about because he was getting beat 1 on 1 the entire game.

I'm not saying he isn't great or won't be great, but people are allowed to make fair observations and that is what I'm doing. Don't take it as me saying I think he sucks. He had a solid game in run support and had poor game in rushing the passer. Not a big deal, he will be better next week

+1 being at he game seemed like those would have been reversed

• Fire 1