***Official Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread***

Foppa

At halftime, Lou Holtz said the that Nebraska football mystique is gone because the defense is no longer dominating and the offensive line is not dominating anymore. He was speaking about the Huskers over the past years not just this game. He is right. Pelini's comment to the reporter was an unfortunate public relations problem- again!

I don't know that Pelini will be fired but he is certainly on a short leash now. The kicking game is bad. The defense seems to always give up big yardage on first down and a lot of total yardage frequently to good and bad teams. The players are young and many experienced are hurt. Numerous fumbles and other turnovers. The team seems to have talent but produces mixed results. The issue begs for coaching. The basics need to be taught and enforced.

It seems sometimes the coaches are lacking seasoned experience. Bo needs to evaluate the program staring with the coaching staff, scouting, practice and game preparation. We cannot expect national championships every year but we should expect consistent competent football for four full quarters each game- losing to superior teams and not shooting ourselves in the foot.

I want Bo to succeed and then we succeed too I don't want to see a revolving door of new coaches in Lincoln. It just increases the chances of getting another very expensive Callahan again.