On the bright side

RedDenver

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

Surprisingly there are lots. It sucks because back when he was hired I thought he was the right guy for the job. He lost me for good today. I don't give a f#*k what he said in his press-conference. It is painful watching our team f#*k themselves over and over and over and over and over.... What is more painful is watching teams come in and take it to us. Our lines are soft. Teams do to us what we used to do to them, and that just boggles my mind. I'm sick of this wussy spread crap.

Well, at least now there shouldn't be a big split in the fanbase like when Solich got canned. Bo very well may have unintentionally helped solidify the fanbase with his press conference antics. Is there really anybody that still wants to keep Bo?

Surprisingly there are lots. It sucks because back when he was hired I thought he was the right guy for the job. He lost me for good today. I don't give a f#*k what he said in his press-conference. It is painful watching our team f#*k themselves over and over and over and over and over.... What is more painful is watching teams come in and take it to us. Our lines are soft. Teams do to us what we used to do to them, and that just boggles my mind. I'm sick of this wussy spread crap.

I've been supporting Bo the whole time. Even after the loss today, I thought he'd come back and we'd have a really good team next year. I can't fault the guy for playing soft when we've got 7 of the top 8 OL out of practice on a short week against a physical team. But the insanity of that press conference is the end for me. The guy obviously wants out of NU, and we need to move on.

Recruit for a definitive system. Year 6 I still have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on O. Spread mixed with power run, mixed with the option and zone read with basic principles of the WCO thrown in to compliment the smash mouth, "take what the defense gives us" has equalled an epic fail in all phases.

I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services.

Recruit kids who exhibit mental and physical toughness. Look past the stars and see a kid with "lesser" abilities who excels. Kids who have faced adversity in HS and know what it takes to win. Recruit mean. You either are or your not. You can't teach mean.

I too, hate seeing teams punch us in the mouth series after series until we quit. Tapping out because the hits are to hard (my opinion). Our guys getting laid out instead of laying guys out.

There is an old adage that holds true, "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat". Maybe we train to "soft" in practice and the weight room......

• Fire 3

Recruit for a definitive system. Year 6 I still have no idea what we are trying to accomplish on O. Spread mixed with power run, mixed with the option and zone read with basic principles of the WCO thrown in to compliment the smash mouth, "take what the defense gives us" has equalled an epic fail in all phases.

I am still of the opinion that you can not recruit an OL who can excel in all phases of the game ie pass pro, run blocking, pulling, cut block etc..... develop a scheme, become great at it and recruit those kids. It lessens the available recruits, but also lessens teams looking for their services.

Recruit kids who exhibit mental and physical toughness. Look past the stars and see a kid with "lesser" abilities who excels. Kids who have faced adversity in HS and know what it takes to win. Recruit mean. You either are or your not. You can't teach mean.

I too, hate seeing teams punch us in the mouth series after series until we quit. Tapping out because the hits are to hard (my opinion). Our guys getting laid out instead of laying guys out.

There is an old adage that holds true, "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in combat". Maybe we train to "soft" in practice and the weight room......

very well put +1

I still want to keep Bo, but I'm not going to be heartbroken if he's gone tomorrow. They just better have a plan for the next coach and I'll support whoever the coach is unlike the "Pro-Nebraska" as$hats that are happy about what happened today because it plays into what they want.

Do you really thing people are happy about this f'ing mess? I'm pissed that my kid's first game had to be this debacle.

I agree with everything you said. It's frustrating.

so true, we are known for nothing...no great linemen, no great qbs, no great defense....nothing, not jack!

I still want to keep Bo, but I'm not going to be heartbroken if he's gone tomorrow. They just better have a plan for the next coach and I'll support whoever the coach is unlike the "Pro-Nebraska" as$hats that are happy about what happened today because it plays into what they want.

Oh yes, those nameless, faceless villains. They're horrible.

Do you really thing people are happy about this f'ing mess? I'm pissed that my kid's first game had to be this debacle.

Yes I really believe that there are some people happy about this. I'm not saying you are and it sucks that your kids first game had to go like this. It's a small percentage of the fans, but there are some that wanted this to happen today.

so true, we are known for nothing...no great linemen, no great qbs, no great defense....nothing, not jack!

we are known for our lunatic coach. :(