Let the sellout streak end

Theyre still askin full face price for tix. Until that price starts to drop to the twenties theres mothing to worry about. Sure the donations and waiting list took a hit. But theres no sellout streak rule that says what the tix have to sell for. On top of the fact there are some major donors/boosters that simply will not all ow it to happen. Im still trying to get a grip on the lack of common sense that allows this to keep coming up

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why would our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports.

Probably because some feel with the product on the field. The sell out streak is about the only thing going for the program right now. I'm starting to believe that myself as we have talented kids. Yet keep making the same mental errors every week.

I worded that a little wrong. maybe led to some misinterpretation..........

Theyre still askin full face price for tix. Until that price starts to drop to the twenties theres mothing to worry about. Sure the donations and waiting list took a hit. But theres no sellout streak rule that says what the tix have to sell for. On top of the fact there are some major donors/boosters that simply will not all ow it to happen. Im still trying to get a grip on the lack of common sense that allows this to keep coming up

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why wouldn't our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports?

There I fixed it. Hopefully that makes more sense as to what I'm saying.

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why would our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports.

Probably because some feel with the product on the field. The sell out streak is about the only thing going for the program right now. I'm starting to believe that myself as we have talented kids. Yet keep making the same mental errors every week.

I worded that a little wrong. maybe led to some misinterpretation..........

But who knows. Im probably wrong. Why wouldn't our dept do everything possible to keep alive the most prized and cherished streak in college sports?

There I fixed it. Hopefully that makes more sense as to what I'm saying.

oh ok sorry. Yea I don't see why they wouldn't either.

The streak won't end, if that were a threat than I think this is what happens:

The seats in those cheap seats become more "luxury" , but the price stays the same. They get individual seats like the club seats. Which means those seats get wider and more comfortable than the narrow 18" bench seating there now.

I am sure that they already have a plan in place to make all the seats wider also, if that's what it takes. I am sure it would only come down to North and South stadium though.

Maybe they make the seats more "casual" like they did with some seats at Target field.

TF-makeover.jpg

The capacity of the stadium goes down, but the "experience" for those seats goes way up!

Heck, they should do it now. That kinda sounds awesome.

Couple that with better TV's, every game on TV, more things to do in the two urban areas, less desire to travel in from rural Nebraska, and a pretty mediocre home schedule, well, I can't say I'm surprised.

yeah, when they just say "four home conference games," you know those are not games to get excited about. that is pretty disappointing. when we joined the conference, i was pretty excited about getting one or two blue bloods every year.

Couple that with better TV's, every game on TV, more things to do in the two urban areas, less desire to travel in from rural Nebraska, and a pretty mediocre home schedule, well, I can't say I'm surprised.

What? You mean you're not totally jazzed for FIU, McNeese State, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnesota to come to Lincoln?

I know, I know, Miami comes to Lincoln too.

What? You mean you're not totally jazzed for FIU, McNeese State, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnesota to come to Lincoln?

Miami isn't exactly a marquee team this year. They are kind of like us... a big name historically that is just skirting around the bottom of the Top 25.

yeah, when they just say "four home conference games," you know those are not games to get excited about. that is pretty disappointing. when we joined the conference, i was pretty excited about getting one or two blue bloods every year.

No doubt, I don't think anyone was expecting to have a schedule devoid of Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State back in 2010. Can't really blame the athletic department for the conference schedule. But they may have to make an extra effort to beef up the non-con some years. The additions of Rutgers and Maryland to the Big 10 were terrible from an athletics standpoint.

I do give the AD credit for the improvements they are trying to make to the "fan experience" in the stadium. This is going to be key going forward in all sports. Can't just trot any old team out there and expect 90,000 people to show up anymore. Especially if it is 90+ degrees in the summer.

No doubt, I don't think anyone was expecting to have a schedule devoid of Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State back in 2010. The additions of Rutgers and Maryland were terrible from an athletics standpoint.

yeah. i would have been pretty happy with at least wiscy or msu at home. they really gave us the bottom feeders this year. minny is out best conference home game. yikes.

ugh! :(:(

Miami isn't exactly a marquee team this year. They are kind of like us... a big name historically that is just skirting around the bottom of the Top 25.

Makes my point all the more. It'll be exciting for us and them and probably ESPN (due to our history), at least.

By my count, right now there are 27 seats available in South Stadium (all right at the top, all have at least two seats together, mostly in just pairs), 5 seats available in West Stadium (all single seats), 2 seats available in East Stadium (both single seats), and 569 in North Stadium, mostly at the top. So there are about 603 unsold seats - less than 1% - 2+ months before the first game. Meaning there are, what, 5,000-some more tickets sold now than two years ago. I don't see this being an issue.

• Fire 1

By my count, right now there are 27 seats available in South Stadium (all right at the top, all have at least two seats together, mostly in just pairs), 5 seats available in West Stadium (all single seats), 2 seats available in East Stadium (both single seats), and 569 in North Stadium, mostly at the top. So there are about 603 unsold seats - less than 1% - 2+ months before the first game. Meaning there are, what, 5,000-some more tickets sold now than two years ago. I don't see this being an issue.

It's not an issue as an isolated thing.

When it's coupled with the bowl game charter being cancelled for the first time in years, declining bowl sales the years before that, and obvious splotches on game day, regardless of start times or cozy students, it could be an alarming trend.

I know the "bad bowl opponents/early games/crummy home opponents" reasoning is there, but the at times questionable play by the team has a lot to do with that.

Aren't those seats in the North part of some deal where people can buy tickets without having to donate on a game by game basis. I thought I remember hearing something like that a couple years ago.