Let the sellout streak end

By my count, right now there are 27 seats available in South Stadium (all right at the top, all have at least two seats together, mostly in just pairs), 5 seats available in West Stadium (all single seats), 2 seats available in East Stadium (both single seats), and 569 in North Stadium, mostly at the top. So there are about 603 unsold seats - less than 1% - 2+ months before the first game. Meaning there are, what, 5,000-some more tickets sold now than two years ago. I don't see this being an issue.

Aren't those seats in the North part of some deal where people can buy tickets without having to donate on a game by game basis. I thought I remember hearing something like that a couple years ago.

I think they did that last year to try to get them all sold - not sure how man were left when they did that. It appears from the web page that they are currently asking for a $150 donation for those North Stadium seats. They may waive that again if they don't sell.

There are a lot of factors that go into it. None are terrible right now but most are hurting to some extent as opposed to helping.

Oh sure.

Ultimately, any slip, no matter how small, was going to be a story. Especially given the lore of the streak.

Couple that with better TV's, every game on TV, more things to do in the two urban areas, less desire to travel in from rural Nebraska, and a pretty mediocre home schedule, well, I can't say I'm surprised.

What? You mean you're not totally jazzed for FIU, McNeese State, Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnesota to come to Lincoln?

I know, I know, Miami comes to Lincoln too.

It's like playing in the crappy big12 north again, except we have no history with these schools.

Is anyone really excited about our new division period? Wisconsin is the only game that I would get up for. Iowa is just......Iowa. Yuck.

By my count, right now there are 27 seats available in South Stadium (all right at the top, all have at least two seats together, mostly in just pairs), 5 seats available in West Stadium (all single seats), 2 seats available in East Stadium (both single seats), and 569 in North Stadium, mostly at the top. So there are about 603 unsold seats - less than 1% - 2+ months before the first game. Meaning there are, what, 5,000-some more tickets sold now than two years ago. I don't see this being an issue.

It's not an issue as an isolated thing.

When it's coupled with the bowl game charter being cancelled for the first time in years, declining bowl sales the years before that, and obvious splotches on game day, regardless of start times or cozy students, it could be an alarming trend.

I know the "bad bowl opponents/early games/crummy home opponents" reasoning is there, but the at times questionable play by the team has a lot to do with that.

I'd put HD TV's, ticket costs, time investment, fuel prices, airline prices, and the simple convenience of watching a game (or 6) at home miles ahead of the "questionable play" of the team.

It's no secret that attendance is dwindling all over, and AD's are trying to make live games more "fun" across the entire country, to put butts in seats.

When it's coupled with the bowl game charter being cancelled for the first time in years, declining bowl sales the years before that, and obvious splotches on game day, regardless of start times or cozy students, it could be an alarming trend.

I know the "bad bowl opponents/early games/crummy home opponents" reasoning is there, but the at times questionable play by the team has a lot to do with that.

tumblr_laz85oXLCl1qbvuvx.gif

It just hit me who your never ending positive Husker attitude reminds me of Polo! lol

• Fire 5

The play was more questionable from 2004-2007 than now.

• Fire 4

It just hit me who your never ending positive Husker attitude reminds me of Polo! lol

Squidward was the HERO of that show.

• Fire 3

There's a goal for you Polo that you can actually control!

But we had recruiting...

But we had recruiting...

That ranked right about the same as what we do now...

But we had recruiting...

That ranked right about the same as what we do now...

Sorry should have included :sarcasm

There's a goal for you Polo that you can actually control!

Are you saying Polo is the hero Huskerboard deserves but not the one it needs right now?

• Fire 2

I'd put HD TV's, ticket costs, time investment, fuel prices, airline prices, and the simple convenience of watching a game (or 6) at home miles ahead of the "questionable play" of the team.

It's no secret that attendance is dwindling all over, and AD's are trying to make live games more "fun" across the entire country, to put butts in seats.

Attendance in 2013 at NCAA football games tops 50 million for first time.