Has anyone heard of other teams showing interest in Beck as a HC?

To be honest in the long run, I'd like to see Beck stay for the main reason of continuity. With this young batch of guys and a couple of new qb's, I just think it would be best to let them all develop together. I think he's got a lot of potential, and we've seen numerious flashes of his genius. But damn, Bo has got to get him reeled in. A lot of his situational playcalling has been very suspect in my opinion this year. Theyve got to get it pared down some and for god's sake, develope and identity.

To be honest in the long run, I'd like to see Beck stay for the main reason of continuity. With this young batch of guys and a couple of new qb's, I just think it would be best to let them all develop together. I think he's got a lot of potential, and we've seen numerious flashes of his genius. But damn, Bo has got to get him reeled in. A lot of his situational playcalling has been very suspect in my opinion this year. Theyve got to get it pared down some and for god's sake, develope and identity.

I'm with you on him staying, for the same reasons. But I've given up on the identity part, and I don't think that is on Beck, I think it's Bo. Bo looks at the offense through a defensive lens. He sees all these things that are tough to defend and decided that's what our offense has to be able to do. Nevermind the fact that we don't have the personell for it. It's not about an offense that executes, it's about an offense that can exploit a D. I don't like that it's looked at from that perspective. You exploit a D by executing your offense...adding a wrinkle here and there, not changing the gameplan week-to-week. There's a bigger picture that's missing from the offense. That "rhythm" good teams develop throughout a game. We can never get into that because we're all over the place.

If so I think our new OC could be one of the following from the "mill" of names, Darlington's father who's being considered as one of the next Gus Malzahn. Cotton (please God no), Frost will be rumored but not interested, Mangino and Lance Leipold who almost ended up here before.

That list is so bad I actually hope Beck stays.

I think Darlington will be an OC at a D-I school very soon. He's credited with taking his team to the state title (tough comp) for a second strait year. He lost his starting QB and I think best WR. His line averaged about 215 lbs and he converted a FB to QB. They killed it this year as he installed a completely new offense in 1 week complete with new blocking schemes etc. Very creative mind and that's why he's getting noticed. He's also getting calls from college and pro folks asking questions about his schemes. That bodes pretty well for him. Mangino and Leipold are also very quality coaches when it comes to offense. I'd be ok with any of those 3. I'm sure more names will pop up too if he does go.

Agree, Mangino was great as the OC at OU and in his play calling duties as HC at KU. He struggled in other areas as HC, but has excelled in the OC role. Leipold has been great at Wisconsin-Whitewater winning multiple NC's as their HC.

I really do not know where I am on this. We ran off Watson, who Tom demanded be retained. He seemed similar to what we see today. If Beck leaves will we have another friend, that will be a yes man. I think the offense is controlled by Bo. He want every thing that is tough for the defense to be in our offense it seems. Rather than have an offense that is set, and teams adjust to what we do, not the offense adjusting to what the defense does. I really do not see any change coming on that side. We had a great offensive mind here most of the time Bo was incharge, and wonder how much he used the wealth of knowledge? None of us know.

I really do not know where I am on this. We ran off Watson, who Tom demanded be retained. He seemed similar to what we see today. If Beck leaves will we have another friend, that will be a yes man. I think the offense is controlled by Bo. He want every thing that is tough for the defense to be in our offense it seems. Rather than have an offense that is set, and teams adjust to what we do, not the offense adjusting to what the defense does. I really do not see any change coming on that side. We had a great offensive mind here most of the time Bo was incharge, and wonder how much he used the wealth of knowledge? None of us know.

If we lose Beck and Bo just gets another yes man it's just another reason why Bo is not head coach material.

Seems to me as if a little perspective is in order. We were #19 in rushing yards per game this year - #11 among BCS conference schools. Of the 10 schools ahead of us, only six averaged more passing yards per game - Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Baylor, Washington, and Missouri. None of those teams had nearly the quarterback injury issues we had and I'm pretty sure none had worse injury issues on the OLine.

Last year we were #3 among BCS schools in rushing and only Oregon had more passing yards. And all that is with the sub-par players we've recruited over the last several years. I'd say some need to have more realistic expectations but those numbers are far beyond what many seem to think we've accomplished lately.

• Fire 2

Seems to me as if a little perspective is in order. We were #19 in rushing yards per game this year - #11 among BCS conference schools. Of the 10 schools ahead of us, only six averaged more passing yards per game - Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oregon, Baylor, Washington, and Missouri. None of those teams had nearly the quarterback injury issues we had and I'm pretty sure none had worse injury issues on the OLine.

Last year we were #3 among BCS schools in rushing and only Oregon had more passing yards. And all that is with the sub-par players we've recruited over the last several years. I'd say some need to have more realistic expectations but those numbers are far beyond what many seem to think we've accomplished lately.

stats can be misleading. they are the good on an otherwise par year.