Bo's record speaks for itself!

I sincerely hope that many of you are staying away from tall buildings, sharp objects, excessive amounts of pain killers, and Futurama suicide booths. I worry about some of you!

suicide-booth.jpg

Is futurama a good show? Always thought of catching an episode, but never have.

It's only the most awesome show evar! :lol:

This is only partially true. I have to believe the poor S&C program is partially responsible for the injuries (see the video of players carrying each other on their backs). While I am happy to have 8 wins given all the injuries, I also look at what could have been. What would the NU ranking have been with a turnover margin of zero? How many games could NU have won if our net punting was equal to our opposition? In the end, I will never be satisfied with finishing out of the rankings. As far as the direction we are heading, I see NU football spinning in a circle. Signs of greatness, enough to overcome boneheaded mistakes and sloppy play, but it has been this way for 6 years.

If that's true, we'd have had the same number of issues with injuries since our head S&C coach has remained the same for the past 6 years....yes, he's been here that long.

I guess Florida, Northwestern, and Georgia better get new S&C coaches to, huh. :rolleyes:

I guess I don't understand? Its done, Bo is not going anywhere for at least another year.

Personally right now I am very indifferent to BP. I think over the next couple of years NU has a chance to be pretty good. The defense is going to be talented and the offense should be good also.

With that said there is no reason to sit around a bitch and moan because you didn't get your way and have the coach fired.

Go take your ball and go home if that will make feel better. But give it a rest at least till he loses his first game next year.

I've very indifferent as well, but I think it's a mistake period to fire an 8-9 win coach. However, what makes you think the defense and offense is going to be better than this year? We graduate nearly every OL. Martinez is gone. Abdullah might very well be gone. Enunwa is gone. On defense, we lose SJB. Rumor has it Gregory is bolting for the NFL.

Truth be told, this was our year to shine. It didn't happen. We had all the pieces to the puzzle on offense, and we were playing a pathetic schedule. If we are better in the next couple of years, it would appear that improvement would be because of coaching rather than offensive or defensive talent.

Maybe the fact that the last 3 games of the year NU started 6 of 7 Fr or Sophs in the front 7 is something to be excited about. They will officially lose 3 starters off the defense that started the last game of the year, Evens, SJB and Ankra. If you truly don't think the defense got better from the first game to the end of the year, you aren't watching the games. I don't think Gregory is going anywhere, and if he does it will hurt, but there are other good players to mix into the system.

On offense, Martinez only played in a third of the games this year so why worry about his loss, he has been lost already. Sturup, Pelini, Reeves, and Cotton are all back. In a pinch that is 4/5ths or a starting line right there and I don't think Pelini will even be the starter at center next year. I am not too worried about the line if they stay healthy. I don't see Abdullah going anywhere and he has said so, we only lose 1 TE that only played in only half the games this year and 1 only of our top 6 receivers.

If you don't think there is any talent on this team than I am not going to convince you otherwise.

The 2 areas that need to be fixed are Turnovers and Special Teams, specifically Punt/Punt Return. The turnovers in our loss to MSU lost that game that is the plane simple truth. The TO's and Poor punting and returning cost the Iowa game.

Turn overs are almost completely a mental thing when they get to this level. Special teams are all about attitude and desire. I would love to see BP take over ST himself, like Beamer does at VaTech. It shows the players that it is really important, but he needs to get around to see and talk to some good ST schools and get this fixed.

Bo's steady but the repeated insinuations that he's been in college football's elite class of coaches is tiring. In his entire tenure here he has one (borderline) top 15 finish, no BCS bowl berths or conference championships, and no season with fewer than 4 losses. For the last three years we've been a borderline Top 25 team. It's not terrible by a long shot, but the list of coaches that have accomplished more in this same span is not a small one.

The difference between the Bo haters and the guys that like Bo for the most part is pretty simple. Although we aren't pleased with everything that's going on with the program. We are patient enough and willing to give him some time to get things figured out. The haters on the other hand are impatient and think that Bo can do nothing right and want him fired. To all the haters out there you do realize that if Bo gets this thing turned around that it could bring on another 15 or 20 years of stability and winning. Right?

I love the characterization, you're either a mean, nasty BO HATER, or a nice guy that likes Bo. You realize someone call feel that the best direction for the program is with a different coach without hating the current one. You can paint yourself as the only rational side in this argument, but I can guarantee you both sides have extremists and also people who can look at the situation calmly and rationally.

• Fire 1

Have you read some of the stuff that gets written on here by the anti Bo crowd? I'll have a intelligent conversation about with anyone that wants to. But 90 % of the stuff if garbage about how we are fine with mediocrity. I don't agree with everything Bo has done here but I'm not going to call for his head either. Does this mean I've excepted mediocrity?

Have you read some of the stuff that gets written on here by the anti Bo crowd? I'll have a intelligent conversation about with anyone that wants to. But 90 % of the stuff if garbage about how we are fine with mediocrity. I don't agree with everything Bo has done here but I'm not going to call for his head either. Does this mean I've excepted mediocrity?

90% of what is written by the anti Bo crowd is garbage? I've read numerous posts that present a very credible argument against him staying that are not inflammatory or derogatory. Someone saying we are satisfied with mediocre is a far cry from hating. Personally, I love his fire and passion, I just happen to think he is in over his head as a head coach. Is that garbage? It's my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I'm not hating on him.

• Fire 2
Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

Good post. Those who believe in Bo will do so despite the evidence including that which you cited that indicates even his very mediocre record isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hear them chirping about how great he is and how hard it is to win at Nebraska and how there's no way anyone any better would even come to coach at Nebraska and think I'm on an Iowa chat board listening to Hawkeye fans defending Kirk Ferentz. Then I remember that Kirk Ferentz and the Hawkeyes just came into Memorial Stadium on Senior Day, stole Bo's pants, pulled his underwear up over his head and slapped the crap out of him, while beating us by 21 and leaving with our trophy. So just when it seems like we've sunk to the level of Iowa, Iowa comes in and kicks the snot out of us. Welcome to hell I guess.

And those who hate Bo will find this post to be good. I can hear all the chirping from your end on how bad he is as well.

Funny thing is, even NON BO supporters know if you fire Bo, you won't get a quality coach here. Have you heard of any knocking on our door? Please enlighten us.

There are some reputable experts out there who have also stated that Bo deserves one more year to do something, since he has the talent he has been working for.

Again, Bo is here, will be here, no point in these stupid posts anymore. Support your athletes, coaches and administration. Is that really too much for you spoiled fans to do?

It is this kind of thinking that got NU in this situation in the first place. NU can get a better coach than Bo, but the problem is getting those boosters that are loyal to Tom to pay for Bo's replacment. There is nothing spoiled about wanting to have a top program that doens't sh#t the best at least four times a year. And is it too much to ask for a coach that doesn't treat people like sh#t and thinks that he is larger than the program?

I can't believe how much Frank and Bo have lowered the expectations at this school. A school like Nebraska shouldn't have to put up with all of the baggage that Bo brings.

• Fire 1

I think even Bo himself thought there was a pretty good argument against him staying. He'd have to possess a pretty large ego to look at this season and not be thankful he's still here. He falls back on his record (which is one of the last remaining viable arguments), but he knows he just put up the same under performing product he put up the prior 2.5 years. He knows overall this team has regressed (there are plenty of excuses that can be used for that) in the last couple of seasons. He knows special teams is pathetic, the offense was head scratching, the defense improved, and the turnovers continue to be a problem. I am 100% sure Bo knows everything we know about what goes into the arguments in favor of his termination. And he'll probably admin most of them are far from garbage.

Bottom line, with his statement Shawn either thinks Bo can fix it, or is admitting there isn't anyone available that can. So we're stuck with him. So, take a step back and ask yourself, do you truly think he can fix the issues, or have you accepted the issues as the norm? The 9 win argument is an acceptance of the issues IMO. If you want to convince me he should be here, convince me why you think he can fix things. Because I'm a skeptic in those regards, and that's why I don't think he should be here. Not his press conference, or calling out the fans, or arguing what was absolutely a chickensh!t call. It's simply that I don't think he can take this team any farther, and a not ranked team is not good enough.

But we do, and a year of total negativity is not going to help. Not a Bo fan by any means, but this program and the kids in it are way more important than all this fighting over a decision that has been made. We need to move on, accept what the administration had decided. I feel certain there are things put in place to make that improvement. Levels that must be reached. If Bo makes them fine. If he doesn't then possibly we go through it again next year. I have been fighting this battle since the day he was hired, but we have what we have. Time for us as a group to make the best of it. Give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. But all this continuous bitching can not be helping with the Nebraska image or recruiting.

First off if not for the off the field problems Frank shouldn't have been fired. If you want to lay blame for our current state of affairs put it at Harvey Pearlmans feet!!! He is the weasel the hired Pederson so that he would fire Frank. And that idiot completely botched the new hire! Your beloved Bill Callahan!!! A F. So if you want to whine about the current state of the program call for Harvey's head. I on the other hand am going to trust that T O knows more about what it takes to run a football program than you.

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

ENOUGH OF THIS! Just stop. You and the rest of your ilk make me sick. We obviously had no idea how hard it would be to clean up the mess created by Ped/Cally. TOB

So what we are seeing today is Pedersen and Callahan's fault?

I would have thought that between year 6 and 7 that boexcuse had run it's course. I guess there are still people that are not very bright that will make every excuse to try to keep this guy here. When it's people that think like chicken little that are the reason as to why we got in this mess in the first place.