Bo's record speaks for itself!

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

Good post. Those who believe in Bo will do so despite the evidence including that which you cited that indicates even his very mediocre record isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hear them chirping about how great he is and how hard it is to win at Nebraska and how there's no way anyone any better would even come to coach at Nebraska and think I'm on an Iowa chat board listening to Hawkeye fans defending Kirk Ferentz. Then I remember that Kirk Ferentz and the Hawkeyes just came into Memorial Stadium on Senior Day, stole Bo's pants, pulled his underwear up over his head and slapped the crap out of him, while beating us by 21 and leaving with our trophy. So just when it seems like we've sunk to the level of Iowa, Iowa comes in and kicks the snot out of us. Welcome to hell I guess.

And those who hate Bo will find this post to be good. I can hear all the chirping from your end on how bad he is as well.

Funny thing is, even NON BO supporters know if you fire Bo, you won't get a quality coach here. Have you heard of any knocking on our door? Please enlighten us.

There are some reputable experts out there who have also stated that Bo deserves one more year to do something, since he has the talent he has been working for.

Again, Bo is here, will be here, no point in these stupid posts anymore. Support your athletes, coaches and administration. Is that really too much for you spoiled fans to do?

I agreed with you until you went here.

And I'm f'ing sick of this word. It's not just you that brings up this word. It repeatedly comes up all the time. And each time, I start thinking...how am I a spoiled Nebraska football fan?

Is it the miracle comebacks against lesser competition that I've grown accustomed to?

Is it the lack of being ranked in a major poll? Or even being considered for votes?

Is it that I'm excited that the only highlights on national sports TV is either when Nebraska plays a ranked team or Bo goes nuts?

Is it blowing leads and watching a coaching staff on the sidelines look like they have no idea what to do?

Is it the consistent inconsistency in all facets of the game?

Is it wondering who is coming out in any particular week...Jeckyll or Hyde? On any side of the ball?

Is it complete irrelevancy? Knowing no one takes you seriously anymore?

Urban dictionary defines 'spoiled' as: One who is given anything and everything they want.

I absolutely love National Championships. I love the Huskers being ranked. I love them being talked about in a sensible manner on a week-by-week basis, not because this program is a three-ring circus that is amusing for the masses while they watch their program progress and continue to forget that Nebraska is even a football team. I'm not spoiled. Because I sure as hell didn't ask for or want any of this. And I'm not getting what I want. Call me selfish. Call me wanting. Don't call me spoiled.

• Fire 4

For those of you who continue to defend Bo, are you honestly happy with the product he's been putting on the field? And do you honestly believe that there are no other coaches out there that could get better results at Nebraska? I'm really trying to understand the love affair with this guy. I give him credit for turning the program around from what it was, and making us nationally relevant in 2009, but since then, the program has gone downhill. I fully support the players, and want to see them do the best, but it pi**es me off to see a coaching staff that is not doing its job and having the players ready to play good fundamental football on a consistent basis. I think most who are frustrated at Bo would have no qualms with him if our losses were close games in which the team played good clean football, but that's simply not the case.

I'm glad Bo got retained. I've loooong said, his second 5 yrs is the benchmark, not his first 5.

This season counted as 1 yr into "my 10 yr grip".

Not so good this year, even though we lost a crap ton of talent to injury (I hate typing that, as all that matters in the end is we hopefully go 9-4, not excuses excuses).

I'm really excited about our bowl game and next year with all the talent coming back and coming into the program.

But I'll concede--fully and unbiased--if we lose 4 more next year (especially in blowout, must win games, without a signature win) with all this damn drama I'll be hoping the cupboard is full for the next guy. I'm tired tired tired of turnovers and penalties at the WORST possible times and using the youth/conference change/injury as excuses.

It's next year or bust, for me. We need:

1. To show up starting week 1 with a high level of play. (A solid season from start to finish, no 'warmups')

2. To dominate those who are clearly inferior (wyomings/MSU etc)

3. To inject a leader or two who are in control ON THE FIELD

4. To win a marquee matchup on major TV, hopefully as a dog

5. Don't get blown out.

6. Win more than 10, lose less than 4.

7. Win a bowl game

8. Bo represents us proudly.

anythng less than a full combination of the above and I'll be ready for a change. Not because I dont like Bo or whatever, but because it'll be proof after all the chances he's had, that he may just not be the guy to get us over the "hump"

ps. Yeah, if we go 11-2 and Bo is a sh#t storm and the 2 we lose are our only big time games and they're blowouts and we only squeak by our non-con....I'll be ready for change. I'm ready for a COMPETITIVE YEAR. that's what I think we want: a COMPETITIVE YEAR

For those of you who continue to defend Bo, are you honestly happy with the product he's been putting on the field? And do you honestly believe that there are no other coaches out there that could get better results at Nebraska? I'm really trying to understand the love affair with this guy. I give him credit for turning the program around from what it was, and making us nationally relevant in 2009, but since then, the program has gone downhill. I fully support the players, and want to see them do the best, but it pi**es me off to see a coaching staff that is not doing its job and having the players ready to play good fundamental football on a consistent basis. I think most who are frustrated at Bo would have no qualms with him if our losses were close games in which the team played good clean football, but that's simply not the case.

The gap starting in 2010 has been recruiting. A prime example of this came to bite us in the conference championship. In 2009, we've got the Suh-led DL with Crick who was also an NFL talent. Since then....? Stein is a great guy, but he was a converted OL. And a greatly undersized DE in Cam Meredith ended up having to scoot over to DT. Combine that with the lack of speed at LB and our inability to shed blocks, and the result is a blowout. There has been more than one recruiting whiff since then.....Chase Rome for example.....but our recruiting is night and day better now......excellent young talent on that defensive front 7. Talent gaps aren't often fixed overnight in college football. Pelini seems to have improved greatly in that area. And we've seen what Pelini can do on the defensive side of the ball with talent......let's hope 2014 is special.

• Fire 1

The gap starting in 2010 has been recruiting. A prime example of this came to bite us in the conference championship. In 2009, we've got the Suh-led DL with Crick who was also an NFL talent. Since then....? Stein is a great guy, but he was a converted OL. And a greatly undersized DE in Cam Meredith ended up having to scoot over to DT. Combine that with the lack of speed at LB and our inability to shed blocks, and the result is a blowout. There has been more than one recruiting whiff since then.....Chase Rome for example.....but our recruiting is night and day better now......excellent young talent on that defensive front 7. Talent gaps aren't often fixed overnight in college football. Pelini seems to have improved greatly in that area. And we've seen what Pelini can do on the defensive side of the ball with talent......let's hope 2014 is special.

And Bo Pelini thought, given his LSU and OU background that recruiting didn't matter, especially in a rebuilding project, for what reason exactly?

Winning the # of games he did this year with the amount of injuries he had...damn right I'm proud and happy of the product he put on the field. He took the defense froma bunch of inexperienced freshman to a pretty decent finished product that has a ton of upside for next year.

To me, this is a positive sign and we're headed in the right direction.

i am just happy he can win a game, what, with the media always sabotaging him and all.

• Fire 1

And Bo Pelini thought, given his LSU and OU background that recruiting didn't matter, especially in a rebuilding project, for what reason exactly?

Valid question. My guess would be recruiting never fell solely on his plate previously......what say you?

I think they believed they could get anyone they wanted just from name recognition, but that obviously came back to bite them in the ass.

Valid question. My guess would be recruiting never fell solely on his plate previously......what say you?

That, as a former dc at a BCS champion, to think he could shirk on recruiting either makes him--

-incompetent

-a person who never thought he'd be here long enough to reap what he sowed.

• Fire 1

Winning the # of games he did this year with the amount of injuries he had...damn right I'm proud and happy of the product he put on the field. He took the defense froma bunch of inexperienced freshman to a pretty decent finished product that has a ton of upside for next year.

To me, this is a positive sign and we're headed in the right direction.

i am just happy he can win a game, what, with the media always sabotaging him and all.

Man if a Bo team ever goes 1-10, you can totes sue for plagiarism.

That, as a former dc at a BCS champion, to think he could shirk on recruiting either makes him--

-incompetent

-a person who never thought he'd be here long enough to reap what he sowed.

If it were option A, I'd say it wouldn't have radically improved like it has. Option B is possible.....and equal amount speculation. Neither of us know that answer, so I'm glad recruiting has improved. I understand you consider Pelini incompetent........I don't think DONU is going to consider your Tressel proposal at this time.

Uh,

There are no shortage of people outside of Jim Tressel I'd like to see at NU. He's on my list, sure, but to think the University hasn't considered him or other people, or that there isn't a colossal fight going in right now within the ad office and the regents is silly.

• Fire 1