Bo's record speaks for itself!

or that there isn't a colossal fight going in right now within the ad office and the regents is silly.

I don't speculate. Eichorst said to do so is unfounded. I also avoid exaggeration of what I don't know.

I'd love to hear what you think Nebraska's chances next year might be then.

• Fire 1

Good luck getting them to come to Nebraska...where we fire or talk about firing coaches with 70% or higher winning percentage.

who would not want to come here?

you can lose 4 games a year, get blown out on national television regularly, you never have to win anything of significance, and you get to essentially tell the fans and media that you hate them (although, hope you do not mind signing off on press releases that vaguely resemble an apology). we are not stingy with our years, you can always have one more; as long as you are working on a process. also, make as many mistakes as you want, as those help justify your one more year. and do not worry about censoring yourself. if you think something is chickshit, well damnit, tell us.

• Fire 6

Uh,

There are no shortage of people outside of Jim Tressel I'd like to see at NU. He's on my list, sure, but to think the University hasn't considered him or other people, or that there isn't a colossal fight going in right now within the ad office and the regents is silly.

Good luck getting them to come to Nebraska...where we fire or talk about firing coaches with 70% or higher winning percentage.

Yawn, I'm not scared by that and neither should anyone who actually watches what Nebraska has done in front of a national audience since 2011 either.

Uh,

There are no shortage of people outside of Jim Tressel I'd like to see at NU. He's on my list, sure, but to think the University hasn't considered him or other people, or that there isn't a colossal fight going in right now within the ad office and the regents is silly.

This argument is getting tired and old. I'm not saying he should be fired, but if he was it wouldn't be his overall win% that was the problem.

A few things that come to mind:

win% vs teams with a winning record

win% vs ranked teams

blowout losses

poor fundamentals every year

Anger issues, lack of self control, annual apologies for embarrassing the university

Bottom line: if they eventually decide to fire Bo, it won't take much of an explanation.

I guess I have come full circle, I used to expect Nebraska to walk on the field and win, not just the 90's, even before. I knew we would be prepared, ready for the game. Yea we were surprised some times no question.

Now I go in to the week end wondering, can we beat __________. Can we play up to our level or down to theirs.

I am not proud of our 70% wins, as a huge number of them are against teams we should not even be playing. The 30% losses are games we should expect to win or be competitive. Overall we have not been. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best and regularly beat the best. We do not do that.

We have Bo another year, we need to support him, but talking about his past is one of he worst things to be brought up in support I think. A bad year for many reasons. Nose to grind stone and improve. No improvement he is gone. All on him.

I believe there's no shortage of coaches more competent than Bo Pelini Nebraska could land provided the Regents let the AD do his job.

I think the Regents and the Suits realize they need to make a splash hire this time. I have no doubt they had 5 to 7 names to contact through channels. If none of those 7 had interest, they weren't going to go to the 2nd tier of coaches when we already have one with faults. Better to sit tight and see if the situation changes next year. It's not like we were 4-8 this year or that the coaches didn't do some good things with the young defense and injuries to the good O we were expecting. If recruiting goes well again and it's off to a good start, it could be the jump start we need to crawl back to the top. I know we've been saying "next year" for awhile. It hurts me to not see NU relevant on a big stage but I know not all programs jump back to the top immediately with coaching change.

That said I'll support Bo with his warts as long as he is here. He is the coach of the team I love and he'll do better with me supporting him than if I try to tear him down.

For all Bo's faults, I can see why the players love him. He has their back and they have his. He's like a momma bear when something disturbs her cubs. Better get out of his way cuz the fur will fly.

His three biggest blowups were:

1. The tapegate thing where he was chapped at fans cussing his players and leaving the stadium. I don't think his rant was toward the whole state, just the couple hundred who verbally abused his players.

2. The ref who he felt made a bad call that kept the drive going for Iowa. Did Bo over react? Of course. But his players see it as defending them.

3. Calling out reporters who have continually made an issue of whether the staff will be around next year. Are they just doing a reporters job? Probably yes. Have some of them been a horses a$$ with the way some of the questions are asked? Absolutely in my opinion!

or that there isn't a colossal fight going in right now within the ad office and the regents is silly.

I don't speculate. Eichorst said to do so is unfounded. I also avoid exaggeration of what I don't know.

Chances for what, specifically?

Chances for what, specifically?

Good Lord.....whatever.

Under that premise, you'd never need an athletic director.

You must have inside information then.

Think about what you said, in a situation where several a list coaches were dropping their resumes off in North Stadium, why would you pay a person to find one?

Myself, I'd like my million dollars to beat the bushes a little. So cool it with the insider info straw man.

Maybe you took what I said too literal. If we truly had coaches interested, I think they would be here. A PROVEN head coach. The ONLY head coach that has been a PROVEN head coach that has been mentioned on this board about coming here has been Jim Tressell. Do you think we could honestly get a coach with his high profile in a bitchy and spoiled fan base? We have yet to have one, EVER. Every head coach we have had take over, has never had head coaching experience (except Callahan with the Raiders).

Bob Devaney from Wyoming was HC

The difference between the Bo haters and the guys that like Bo for the most part is pretty simple. Although we aren't pleased with everything that's going on with the program. We are patient enough and willing to give him some time to get things figured out. The haters on the other hand are impatient and think that Bo can do nothing right and want him fired. To all the haters out there you do realize that if Bo gets this thing turned around that it could bring on another 15 or 20 years of stability and winning. Right?

I believe there's no shortage of coaches more competent than Bo Pelini Nebraska could land provided the Regents let the AD do his job.

I think the Regents and the Suits realize they need to make a splash hire this time. I have no doubt they had 5 to 7 names to contact through channels. If none of those 7 had interest, they weren't going to go to the 2nd tier of coaches when we already have one with faults. Better to sit tight and see if the situation changes next year. It's not like we were 4-8 this year or that the coaches didn't do some good things with the young defense and injuries to the good O we were expecting. If recruiting goes well again and it's off to a good start, it could be the jump start we need to crawl back to the top. I know we've been saying "next year" for awhile. It hurts me to not see NU relevant on a big stage but I know not all programs jump back to the top immediately with coaching change.

That said I'll support Bo with his warts as long as he is here. He is the coach of the team I love and he'll do better with me supporting him than if I try to tear him down.

For all Bo's faults, I can see why the players love him. He has their back and they have his. He's like a momma bear when something disturbs her cubs. Better get out of his way cuz the fur will fly.

His three biggest blowups were:

1. The tapegate thing where he was chapped at fans cussing his players and leaving the stadium. I don't think his rant was toward the whole state, just the couple hundred who verbally abused his players.

2. The ref who he felt made a bad call that kept the drive going for Iowa. Did Bo over react? Of course. But his players see it as defending them.

3. Calling out reporters who have continually made an issue of whether the staff will be around next year. Are they just doing a reporters job? Probably yes. Have some of them been a horses a$$ with the way some of the questions are asked? Absolutely in my opinion!

Very well some truth to this. SP tried and failed with Cally. Possibly competing with UT/USC/UF for a "splash" hire, the fact of paying out almost $8 million and the perception of firing a 9 win coach (we win the bowl) probably factored HUGE in their minds. They almost might be smarter than us and realize with a little time and patience (and luck) Bo might actually be able to get the wins we want. 2009 and 2010 were pretty close to winning the conference.......3 points and a BS :01

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

ENOUGH OF THIS! Just stop. You and the rest of your ilk make me sick. We obviously had no idea how hard it would be to clean up the mess created by Ped/Cally. TOB

Yes.

Like I said, I call bluff. We don't have one, never have had one come to this program, except Callahan. Until then, I think saying we could get a high caliber coach is a complete bluff.

You are wrong. Besides Callahan we had Bob Devaney who coached at Wyoming prior to coming to Nebraska. And that is just in my lifetime, I'm sure we could go further back and find others.

For those of you who continue to defend Bo, are you honestly happy with the product he's been putting on the field? And do you honestly believe that there are no other coaches out there that could get better results at Nebraska? I'm really trying to understand the love affair with this guy. I give him credit for turning the program around from what it was, and making us nationally relevant in 2009, but since then, the program has gone downhill. I fully support the players, and want to see them do the best, but it pi**es me off to see a coaching staff that is not doing its job and having the players ready to play good fundamental football on a consistent basis. I think most who are frustrated at Bo would have no qualms with him if our losses were close games in which the team played good clean football, but that's simply not the case.

Winning the # of games he did this year with the amount of injuries he had...damn right I'm proud and happy of the product he put on the field. He took the defense from a bunch of inexperienced freshman to a pretty decent finished product that has a ton of upside for next year.

To me, this is a positive sign and we're headed in the right direction.

If he had been doing his job properly, we wouldn't have a bunch of inexperienced freshmen players starting on either side of the ball. Lots of starting freshmen is a sign of poor recruiting practices. In the interest of fairness, Bo's recruiting classes have improved. What remains to be seen is if he can plan ahead and avoid these kind of mistakes in the future.

Ideally you have upperclassmen who have had the benefit of at least a couple years with the coaching staff who make up your starters. Unless of course you are Tommy Frazier or Will Shields reincarnated.