Bo's record speaks for itself!

The difference between the Bo haters and the guys that like Bo for the most part is pretty simple. Although we aren't pleased with everything that's going on with the program. We are patient enough and willing to give him some time to get things figured out. The haters on the other hand are impatient and think that Bo can do nothing right and want him fired. To all the haters out there you do realize that if Bo gets this thing turned around that it could bring on another 15 or 20 years of stability and winning. Right?

I'd like to see Bo gone but then again I wasn't a fan of his before he got hired as our HC. I suppose that makes me a hater.

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

How do you know we won't win our bowl game?

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years, but I want you to look at his record. He has won 9 or 10 games a year and is one of the top 5 or 10 winningest coaches in the country over the last 6 years. Before I make my statement I know what you migjt say. "He didn't choose the schedule".

Bo has racked up pud wins against the Idaho's Sdsu's Southern miss, Wyoming, and the sister's of the poor... you get my point. The argument that he has won all these games and now in a very weak B1G conference wins against Illinois purdue and the likes of these teams, how as a fan can you/we be subjective with a record against such weak competition and against "good/great" competition we get out coached out

played and out disciplined? Why is the administration and fans alike accepting this?

ENOUGH OF THIS! Just stop. You and the rest of your ilk make me sick. We obviously had no idea how hard it would be to clean up the mess created by Ped/Cally. TOB

So what we are seeing today is Pedersen and Callahan's fault?

Good post. Those who believe in Bo will do so despite the evidence including that which you cited that indicates even his very mediocre record isn't all it's cracked up to be. I hear them chirping about how great he is and how hard it is to win at Nebraska and how there's no way anyone any better would even come to coach at Nebraska and think I'm on an Iowa chat board listening to Hawkeye fans defending Kirk Ferentz. Then I remember that Kirk Ferentz and the Hawkeyes just came into Memorial Stadium on Senior Day, stole Bo's pants, pulled his underwear up over his head and slapped the crap out of him, while beating us by 21 and leaving with our trophy. So just when it seems like we've sunk to the level of Iowa, Iowa comes in and kicks the snot out of us. Welcome to hell I guess.

And those who hate Bo will find this post to be good. I can hear all the chirping from your end on how bad he is as well.

Funny thing is, even NON BO supporters know if you fire Bo, you won't get a quality coach here. Have you heard of any knocking on our door? Please enlighten us.

There are some reputable experts out there who have also stated that Bo deserves one more year to do something, since he has the talent he has been working for.

Again, Bo is here, will be here, no point in these stupid posts anymore. Support your athletes, coaches and administration. Is that really too much for you spoiled fans to do?

I agreed with you until you went here.

And I'm f'ing sick of this word. It's not just you that brings up this word. It repeatedly comes up all the time. And each time, I start thinking...how am I a spoiled Nebraska football fan?

Is it the miracle comebacks against lesser competition that I've grown accustomed to?

Is it the lack of being ranked in a major poll? Or even being considered for votes?

Is it that I'm excited that the only highlights on national sports TV is either when Nebraska plays a ranked team or Bo goes nuts?

Is it blowing leads and watching a coaching staff on the sidelines look like they have no idea what to do?

Is it the consistent inconsistency in all facets of the game?

Is it wondering who is coming out in any particular week...Jeckyll or Hyde? On any side of the ball?

Is it complete irrelevancy? Knowing no one takes you seriously anymore?

Urban dictionary defines 'spoiled' as: One who is given anything and everything they want.

I absolutely love National Championships. I love the Huskers being ranked. I love them being talked about in a sensible manner on a week-by-week basis, not because this program is a three-ring circus that is amusing for the masses while they watch their program progress and continue to forget that Nebraska is even a football team. I'm not spoiled. Because I sure as hell didn't ask for or want any of this. And I'm not getting what I want. Call me selfish. Call me wanting. Don't call me spoiled.

+1

I'm glad Bo got retained. I've loooong said, his second 5 yrs is the benchmark, not his first 5.

This season counted as 1 yr into "my 10 yr grip".

Not so good this year, even though we lost a crap ton of talent to injury (I hate typing that, as all that matters in the end is we hopefully go 9-4, not excuses excuses).

I'm really excited about our bowl game and next year with all the talent coming back and coming into the program.

But I'll concede--fully and unbiased--if we lose 4 more next year (especially in blowout, must win games, without a signature win) with all this damn drama I'll be hoping the cupboard is full for the next guy. I'm tired tired tired of turnovers and penalties at the WORST possible times and using the youth/conference change/injury as excuses.

It's next year or bust, for me. We need:

1. To show up starting week 1 with a high level of play. (A solid season from start to finish, no 'warmups')

2. To dominate those who are clearly inferior (wyomings/MSU etc)

3. To inject a leader or two who are in control ON THE FIELD

4. To win a marquee matchup on major TV, hopefully as a dog

5. Don't get blown out.

6. Win more than 10, lose less than 4.

7. Win a bowl game

8. Bo represents us proudly.

anythng less than a full combination of the above and I'll be ready for a change. Not because I dont like Bo or whatever, but because it'll be proof after all the chances he's had, that he may just not be the guy to get us over the "hump"

ps. Yeah, if we go 11-2 and Bo is a sh#t storm and the 2 we lose are our only big time games and they're blowouts and we only squeak by our non-con....I'll be ready for change. I'm ready for a COMPETITIVE YEAR. that's what I think we want: a COMPETITIVE YEAR

I'm from the camp that wanted a change made. But since we are going to have him for another year I have to say this post is about as fair and level headed as I've read for a while. While I think the decision made is wrong, it's been made and now its' time to jump back on board and throw all our support behind him and hope he can do what is necessary (even if you don't think he can).

• Fire 1

I'm from the camp that wanted a change made. But since we are going to have him for another year I have to say this post is about as fair and level headed as I've read for a while. While I think the decision made is wrong, it's been made and now its' time to jump back on board and throw all our support behind him and hope he can do what is necessary (even if you don't think he can).

You sir, are a good fan and I applaud your attitude. :koolaid2:

For those of you who continue to defend Bo, are you honestly happy with the product he's been putting on the field? And do you honestly believe that there are no other coaches out there that could get better results at Nebraska? I'm really trying to understand the love affair with this guy. I give him credit for turning the program around from what it was, and making us nationally relevant in 2009, but since then, the program has gone downhill. I fully support the players, and want to see them do the best, but it pi**es me off to see a coaching staff that is not doing its job and having the players ready to play good fundamental football on a consistent basis. I think most who are frustrated at Bo would have no qualms with him if our losses were close games in which the team played good clean football, but that's simply not the case.

Winning the # of games he did this year with the amount of injuries he had...damn right I'm proud and happy of the product he put on the field. He took the defense froma bunch of inexperienced freshman to a pretty decent finished product that has a ton of upside for next year.

To me, this is a positive sign and we're headed in the right direction.

This is only partially true. I have to believe the poor S&C program is partially responsible for the injuries (see the video of players carrying each other on their backs). While I am happy to have 8 wins given all the injuries, I also look at what could have been. What would the NU ranking have been with a turnover margin of zero? How many games could NU have won if our net punting was equal to our opposition? In the end, I will never be satisfied with finishing out of the rankings. As far as the direction we are heading, I see NU football spinning in a circle. Signs of greatness, enough to overcome boneheaded mistakes and sloppy play, but it has been this way for 6 years.

We might as well just join the MAC or WAC or Sunbelt conference, because its clear all Husker fans care about now is the wins, not the quality of wins or the quality of opponent. Sad day in husker football.

I don't think that's true at all and most of what I'm reading here is that people want a competitive team that doesn't make the same bone-headed mistakes. Not sure how that turns into only caring about how many wins the team gets.

On a different note, there is something to keep in mind. There's always going to be at least one or two games every year where any college football team will underperform. It's just natural. Sometimes there are exceptional teams and circumstances, but for the most part, teams have bad games. That's sports. But, Nebraska's biggest challenge moving forward is to get out of the rut they've put themselves in. I used this analogy in another thread - the program is rewriting the same book every year with the same story line and plots twists, but changing the characters. This falls on Bo, and the hope is that he seriously evaluates the parts of his coaching (and his staff's coaching) that are lacking and finds ways to improve them. I've always wanted Pelini to do well but I think another 8 or 9 win season next year that includes inexplicable losses and a lot of turnovers, and Bo's out the door.

Bo, pro Bo fans, and pro Bo Media have stated that he has won 9/10 games a year. This year will not be one of those years

You can't be so sure about that, if we win the bowl game that will be this year's 9th win. You sound like a propagandist.

U think if neb plays lsu in the gator bowl they have a shot... im saying that its highly unlikely to get a w in a bowl and this is why... pro bo or not I think we can all agree bo gets out coached more rimes than he out coaches... give a guy 3 to 4 weeks to scheme against bo and the number drop dramatically out of bos favor...

I guess I don't understand? Its done, Bo is not going anywhere for at least another year.

Personally right now I am very indifferent to BP. I think over the next couple of years NU has a chance to be pretty good. The defense is going to be talented and the offense should be good also.

With that said there is no reason to sit around a bitch and moan because you didn't get your way and have the coach fired.

Go take your ball and go home if that will make feel better. But give it a rest at least till he loses his first game next year.

I guess I don't understand? Its done, Bo is not going anywhere for at least another year.

Personally right now I am very indifferent to BP. I think over the next couple of years NU has a chance to be pretty good. The defense is going to be talented and the offense should be good also.

With that said there is no reason to sit around a bitch and moan because you didn't get your way and have the coach fired.

Go take your ball and go home if that will make feel better. But give it a rest at least till he loses his first game next year.

I've very indifferent as well, but I think it's a mistake period to fire an 8-9 win coach. However, what makes you think the defense and offense is going to be better than this year? We graduate nearly every OL. Martinez is gone. Abdullah might very well be gone. Enunwa is gone. On defense, we lose SJB. Rumor has it Gregory is bolting for the NFL.

Truth be told, this was our year to shine. It didn't happen. We had all the pieces to the puzzle on offense, and we were playing a pathetic schedule. If we are better in the next couple of years, it would appear that improvement would be because of coaching rather than offensive or defensive talent.