We are divided

I think the fact that we are nearly a week away from the Iowa game debacle, and most of the top threads on here are still about Pelini, really speaks volumes to the title of this thread. I don't see this division changing in 2014 unless Bo cleans up the product on the field and shows he can win the big games.

...... for the relatively few on this message board.

I think the fact that we are nearly a week away from the Iowa game debacle, and most of the top threads on here are still about Pelini, really speaks volumes to the title of this thread. I don't see this division changing in 2014 unless Bo cleans up the product on the field and shows he can win the big games.

We're never going to have a scientific poll of Husker fans showing the breakdown in support/opposition to Pelini, but I do think the sentiment on here is a good proxy for what most fans think. Most are probably not as passionate as those who post on here, but I think there is a large group that are not happy with Bo and would like to give another coach a chance.

We're never going to have a scientific poll of Husker fans showing the breakdown in support/opposition to Pelini, but I do think the sentiment on here is a good proxy for what most fans think. Most are probably not as passionate as those who post on here, but I think there is a large group that are not happy with Bo and would like to give another coach a chance.

I don't

I don't

Now that's scientific!

but I think there is a large group that are not happy with Bo and would like to give another coach a chance.

Nope

Nope

Thanks for agreeing that we don't have a scientific poll to capture the views!

In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%.

Why do you have to be one or the other? From midseason on, I was saying I would be fine both ways. I see that our season, in large part, didn't go as planned with the injuries we had. However, I would have been fine if the AD thought we needed a change too.

I think there are more fans like me than you are acknowledging.

That's fair. But I think the fact that you would be fine with a change says something. I just believe everyone needs to be on the same page in order for us to have momentum going forward.

Apathy is the biggest concern for me. I've ingrained Husker fandom in my 9 yo, but as we were watching the Iowa game and he was sitting there in his Lavonte David shirt, he asks me if Nebraska will ever be like Alabama and be "really good". Honest answer I told him I'm not sure but we were once. He replied "Well we usually win a lot more games then we lose so that's OK I guess". New gen is gonna be satisfied with mediocrity.

We could go unbeaten, win the Big 10 title, advance to play in the first ever playoff, win the national semifinal and lose in a nail biter in the championship game and Bo would find a way to turn the whole thing into a negative with first-grade hissy fit over a blown call.

He is the opposite of Paul Rhoades... who is also super annoying, but for a different reason. He breaks down emotionally every time ISU wins a game of any significance. I...sob sob... am so proud of you guys....sob sob... wait, wait, let me finish, sob, sob... I am sooooo proud of you.

Never mind that his team only won the game because the other team fumbled like nine times.

I would say Bo's displays of passion are better because they don't make him look like an idiot.... but they do, it's just that he looks like an insane idiot.

agree, Bo is a mess.

9084796-large.jpgSaban-Angry.jpgnick-saban-jumping-mad.png

Wish Bo looked more like this.......

Has he ever done this?

Bo-Pelini-GIF.gif

I remember my Dad, he's gone now, had a "Tom Osborne Fan Club" bumper sticker on his Buick - back in the day when fans were going after Tom. He left that sign on his car for many, many years, I think he was very proud of Tom and the class he brought to the University. Class used to matter.

My Dad would never sport a bumper sticker supporting Bo. Dad would have just been sick after the Iowa game.

Dad played for the University a long time ago in a different time...........

I remember my Dad, he's gone now, had a "Tom Osborne Fan Club" bumper sticker on his Buick - back in the day when fans were going after Tom. He left that sign on his car for many, many years, I think he was very proud of Tom and the class he brought to the University. Class used to matter.

My Dad would never sport a bumper sticker supporting Bo. Dad would have just been sick after the Iowa game.

Sorry to hear about your father passing.

Class used to matter? As in coaching with class? If your dad played for Devaney or before, there's a good chance your dad saw some of the same antics Bo has done. Everyone seems to think that T.O. and his staff were angelic with their behaviors. Although Tom wasn't vulgar (I'm assuming since media wasn't nearly as comprehensive back then), his staff had some good tongue-lashings and aggressive actions in them. This hat incident would have been a non-issue if the hat didn't break. Successful coaches with passive demeanors are rare and the ones that have the combo have at least a couple coaches on their staff that known how to let their emotions fly. If people don't have the stomach for Bo's emotions, then maybe people should look around at other college programs and try to see some of the coaching behaviors... many of those coaches display similar emotions to Pelini. You must look carefully though, ESPN doesn't hone in on most others quite like they try to villianize Bo.

but I think there is a large group that are not happy with Bo and would like to give another coach a chance.

Nope

Nope

Nope

Thanks for agreeing that we don't have a scientific poll to capture the views!

825662872_medium.gif

Sorry to hear about your father passing.

Class used to matter? As in coaching with class? If your dad played for Devaney or before, there's a good chance your dad saw some of the same antics Bo has done. Everyone seems to think that T.O. and his staff were angelic with their behaviors. Although Tom wasn't vulgar (I'm assuming since media wasn't nearly as comprehensive back then), his staff had some good tongue-lashings and aggressive actions in them. This hat incident would have been a non-issue if the hat didn't break. Successful coaches with passive demeanors are rare and the ones that have the combo have at least a couple coaches on their staff that known how to let their emotions fly. If people don't have the stomach for Bo's emotions, then maybe people should look around at other college programs and try to see some of the coaching behaviors... many of those coaches display similar emotions to Pelini. You must look carefully though, ESPN doesn't hone in on most others quite like they try to villianize Bo.

Big bad ESPN is after poor, poor Nebraska. Should I get your tin foil hat? The guy was talking about how his dad felt about class. He didn't ask for your opinion on it.