A Question for Pelini Defenders

As is evident with many threads in here, many fans are divided on their support of Pelini. For those who think he should remain as our head coach, my question is this:

Bo has preached the importance of winning championships the minute he walked into Nebraska, and promised to return Nebraska to a championship program again. How many MORE years can Bo go without winning a conference title and still have your support? If he doesn't win a championship next year, will you still support him? How about 3 or 5 years from now?

We want to be elite but it takes time. U need to build consistency and recruit to players to match your scheme. We have been transitioning from a pro style to a spread attack. We are now getting the athletes we need to run it at all position. Defense we are finally able to recruit the type of.players we need to fit our system. Just look at all the young talent we have. It will only get better to. Players and parents love bo. We will continue to be able to recruit better players. Staff continuity will help oo.

People want to be great now but look how long it took Oregon to get rolling. In the early to mid 2000's they we're riddled with 7,8,9 win seasons but they stuck with their philosophy and staff bc they knew they we're on the cusp of something great. We are not that far away from being great. Our young defense should start to dominate next year. And If you don't think bo can coach just look at the growth of our defense this year. Future is bright. Don't let a few impatient people ruin what could be a special run.

Look at programs that have 8/9 wins that have serious recruiting advantages over us. LSU,Texas, Texas A and M, USC, Mich, Florida, Miami, Georgia. None of those trams with the exception of uga had anywhere near the injuries we experienced either.

See 1970's for your answer.

I'm guessing you are referring to the Osborne years in which he tied for the conference title in his 3rd and 6th seasons as a coach, and ended the regular season ranked no lower than #12? Or was this in reference to something else?

It has been covered a "few" times.....Osborne took over a program that had won back to back national championships. That had a lot to do with why he felt heat for not winning the outright conference title in nearly his first decade as head coach.

Winning 71% of his games and 9-10 games a year means, to me, that you are on the brink of doing something special with your program. It's not great that there are 4 losses that accompany those wins. but to me it means that you are always a play or 2, a player or 2, etc from making something happen.

As long as recruiting doesn't slide consistently and we don't mix in losing or .500 records, I think Bo needs to stay for as long as it takes. The program stayed with Osborne for a lot of years to get that goal.

• Fire 7

beating_a_dead_horse2-300x199.jpg

I love the picture man. With that said, I'm really just looking for a number....how many more years would you give Bo without winning a conference title?

There are way too many variables to say right now a definitive number. Right now, I'd say maybe 2. I don't see any reason why we couldn't win the conference next year, or at least make it to a BCS bowl with the amount of talent that we have on the team. It will all hinge on QB production. If either Armstrong or Stanton provide a solid presence at QB, then next year is the year to do it. The defense will be coming of age, and Ameer, Bell, and Turner will all be seniors who should be the leaders of the offense. I like the potential that I see for next year, so we will see what happens.