JUCO CB Kweishi Brown [Arizona State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I don't think we get Brown. Wouldn't mind six but would rather have another HS guy instead of JUCO at this point.

Given our situation I would disagree on having another HS over Juco corner. That's the way it looks though.

I guess I don't follow you. Counting current commits, we have one senior, four juniors and three freshmen. The senior (Mitchell) has played a lot. That means we have to find another couple guys to play out of two guys who have played some (Davie and Rose), two guys who have been around awhile (CJax and Joseph) and one JUCO (Cockrell). You could also throw Gerry in that mix as he could easily play Dime or possibly even Nickel. Unless we happen to hit a great JUCO with our last commit, I'm not sure it changes our current situation a whole lot. We have guys to choose from, we just have to have one or two step up.

I assume you're talking about someone else who can come in and play right away which would be nice but I think we're going to be in worse shape in two years than we are now. I would think it would make more sense to get another HS guy now who will have a couple years to get into the system and we have a couple guys interested rather than have to try to get 3-4 more each of the next two recruiting classes.

I don't think we get Brown. Wouldn't mind six but would rather have another HS guy instead of JUCO at this point.

Given our situation I would disagree on having another HS over Juco corner. That's the way it looks though.

I guess I don't follow you. Counting current commits, we have one senior, four juniors and three freshmen. The senior (Mitchell) has played a lot. That means we have to find another couple guys to play out of two guys who have played some (Davie and Rose), two guys who have been around awhile (CJax and Joseph) and one JUCO (Cockrell). You could also throw Gerry in that mix as he could easily play Dime or possibly even Nickel. Unless we happen to hit a great JUCO with our last commit, I'm not sure it changes our current situation a whole lot. We have guys to choose from, we just have to have one or two step up.

I assume you're talking about someone else who can come in and play right away which would be nice but I think we're going to be in worse shape in two years than we are now. I would think it would make more sense to get another HS guy now who will have a couple years to get into the system and we have a couple guys interested rather than have to try to get 3-4 more each of the next two recruiting classes.

Interesting point Mav and a good one, but who would you take?

It really seems Brown and Hollman are the last two DB prospects left standing on our board, and it's looking doubtful on both of them. I would think if the coaches wanted another HS corner, they would've pushed hard and not let Hollman cancel his visit...

It's looking like we'll be taking some other positions to round out the class. REALLY sucked to lose Clink the football player, but that was likely due to Clink the student, and if you can't hack CC courses... maybe UNL ain't for you. Oh well. Will be fun to watch the next couple weeks!

Yes, I am saying someone who can come in and play right away. Mitchell is an alright corner and the only one with experience. Cjax who I think has a lot of potential hasn't even stepped on the field as a corner at Nebraska along with Boaz, and Rose/Davie basically haven't either.

Won't that be the problem with anyone new they bring in? At least the players on the roster have practiced at the D1A level.

Yes, I am saying someone who can come in and play right away. Mitchell is an alright corner and the only one with experience. Cjax who I think has a lot of potential hasn't even stepped on the field as a corner at Nebraska along with Boaz, and Rose/Davie basically haven't either.

I agree it would be nice. But I also think we have some guys who have a chance to be solid. And it's kind of a coin flip as to whether we could get someone better than who we already have. For next year, JUCO would be nice. For the following 3-4 years, I think we'd be farther ahead with a HS guy.

Won't that be the problem with anyone new they bring in? At least the players on the roster have practiced at the D1A level.

If you recruit a juco - you should ONLY recruit them to come in right away and fill what the coaches believe doesn't have depth or doesn't have suitable starters. Usually most have 2 extra years above HS play and also to get into the weight room and showing skills at juco level. I could see an offensive player having to learn the playbook etc but not a defensive player.

If you recruit a juco - you should ONLY recruit them to come in right away and fill what the coaches believe doesn't have depth or doesn't have suitable starters. Usually most have 2 extra years above HS play and also to get into the weight room and showing skills at juco level. I could see an offensive player having to learn the playbook etc but not a defensive player.

You're missing my point. You argued that we need a JUCO corner because the corners already on the team haven't stepped on the field for Nebraska. My point is that ALL JUCO corners have the same problem.- that they haven't stepped on the field for Nebraska. So your argument as to why we need a JUCO corner makes no sense.

You're missing my point. You argued that we need a JUCO corner because the corners already on the team haven't stepped on the field for Nebraska. My point is that ALL JUCO corners have the same problem.- that they haven't stepped on the field for Nebraska. So your argument as to why we need a JUCO corner makes no sense.

Meaning the players I named haven't played in a football game since leaving high school while in this case Brown has 2 years more experience at a higher level than HS as I mentioned while also getting in the weight room which I mentioned...did you think we wanted Clinkscales to come in and learn under Valentine or something? No, we wanted him to play STAT

Would you personally take someone who has had 2 years to get on the field over Brown right now?

Would you personally take someone who has had 2 years to get on the field over Brown right now?

Maybe. There's little reason to think Brown is better than the guys on the roster other than hype. At least Davie, CJax, etc know the playbook and have been practicing against other D1A players. And some of those guys HAVE stepped on the field for Nebraska - no one can say that about Brown.