Espn says we lost out in the realignment

I'm assuming that if we get a "C" that means we really didn't change. Correct?

I will say BS to that when you look at visibility. How many games in the previous three years did we have to use pay-per-view to even see the game? Do you really think anyone other than die hard Husker fans and who we were playing was paying that?

Now, every single game is on TV without pay-per-view. Most of the country gets the Big Ten Network.

We have much more visibility now than we did before.

Like some here, I don't see how the visibility has been reduced. More often than not, the team is on ABC/ESPN, even if the times aren't everyone's favorite. That is an order of magnitude better than ppv's or the depths if FOX sports. And the Big Ten channel is a huge plus as well.

Nebraska getting gored on national tv, and the program "going stale" (I would say regressing) is only the fault of the man the OP named.

And judging by our "outlook" grade, they don't buy the ridiculous "Bo needs more time" excuse.

Who gives a rat's posterior what ESPN "says"?

Hmmmm- well, I can think of a few reasons. Maybe because they are the only sports outlet that provides around the clock coverage, whether that be actual sports or BS side stories, no other network comes close to their offering. As much as you may disagree with ESPN's style, you're being rather ignorant if you think no one cares what ESPN says. There coverage, power and influence they have in sports is unmatched and is often the reason why they can spin up and run with stories with no basing because the masses will pay attention. Not to mention that probably 99% of High school sports fans will say ESPN is their go to network for sports coverage- so what ESPN has to say about Nebraska football does have some affect on our affairs.

I would say quite a bit of people care what ESPN has to say.

The Nebraska fan mewl "no one cares what Espn says" started oddly right around the same time Nebraska stopped winning its conference and started losing in embarrassing fashion at least twice a year.

• Fire 3

This is just another bit of negativity to pile on. When is rains, it pours, and then floods the world when it comes to perception in sports, whether it be positive or negative. Right now, Missouri's move to the SEC is viewed as a great decision becuase of their success this year. But what was the perception of that move this time last year? What if they go 4-8 next year? That's what I mean. It's all a bunch of subjective nonsense and i will never be convinced that moving to the Big10 as a UNIVERSITY was nothing but the right move.

• Fire 1

Like some here, I don't see how the visibility has been reduced. More often than not, the team is on ABC/ESPN, even if the times aren't everyone's favorite. That is an order of magnitude better than ppv's or the depths if FOX sports. And the Big Ten channel is a huge plus as well.

Nebraska getting gored on national tv, and the program "going stale" (I would say regressing) is only the fault of the man the OP named.

And judging by our "outlook" grade, they don't buy the ridiculous "Bo needs more time" excuse.

You can not "care" or you can call them "dumb". But when 90% of this entire board scoffed with their infinitely better wisdom when Espn people like Kirk Herbstriet had the audacity to pick Michigan St to win the Legends, and they do, and win the conference to boot, well it makes me chuckle.

Wow they got one predicition right. Good for them. It was a guess. Nothing less. Nothing more. What was their thoughts on Missouri? Auburn? Kansas City Chiefs? LOL. I predicted Ohio St to go undefeated and lose the conference game. I'm a sports analyst genius now.

You can not "care" or you can call them "dumb". But when 90% of this entire board scoffed with their infinitely better wisdom when Espn people like Kirk Herbstriet had the audacity to pick Michigan St to win the Legends, and they do, and win the conference to boot, well it makes me chuckle.

Wow they got one predicition right. Good for them. It was a guess. Nothing less. Nothing more. What was their thoughts on Missouri? Auburn? Kansas City Chiefs? LOL. I predicted Ohio St to go undefeated and lose the conference game. I'm a sports analyst genius now.

Yep they only got that one prediction right. Yep. Just that single solitary one.

Overall: C-plus

Nebraska sits 8-4 as it prepares for the TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl against Georgia, leaving it with a chance to again reach nine wins. A loss on New Year’s Day would mark Pelini’s first season with five defeats and make this the second Nebraska team not coached by Bill Callahan since 1968 to miss the nine-win benchmark. The absence of key players, youth on defense, turnovers and other mistakes factor in the Huskers’ overall grade. None of it weighs heavily enough to sink this team to great depths, yet Nebraska hasn’t done enough, either, to get far above the industry average.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigten&id=91980

Yep they only got that one prediction right. Yep. Just that single solitary one.

I didnt say that. What I was implying is that to claim ESPN as the end-all, know-all voice because they correctly predicted (and I'll admit this part) numerous sports situations correctly is absurd. They predict just as many things incorrectly. It's all OPINION based. That's all I'm alluding too.

This is just another bit of negativity to pile on. When is rains, it pours, and then floods the world when it comes to perception in sports, whether it be positive or negative. Right now, Missouri's move to the SEC is viewed as a great decision becuase of their success this year. But what was the perception of that move this time last year? What if they go 4-8 next year? That's what I mean. It's all a bunch of subjective nonsense and i will never be convinced that moving to the Big10 as a UNIVERSITY was nothing but the right move.

This.

Probably off topic but one thing I dislike about our 'brand' is Adidas. I was looking to buy some husker gear because I don't have enough of the red variety so I went to the Adidas website to see what they had. 'Your choice of a black or red $300 jersey.' Don't get me wrong, they were nice but you'd think Adidas would have more items than jerseys. Looked around a couple other websites and bought a simple husker shirt with a big block 'N' on the front from eastbay. Maybe it's my fault but I just don't like the majority of Adidas' designs.

The way this topic is worded is somewhat off-basis. No where in the article does it say Nebraska lost out in realignment. Its more of a summary and look back at how various teams have performed and how it has affected that team. Just because we haven't lived up to the lofty standards we assumed we could achieve with the move, doesn't necessarily mean we lost out in realignment. A boost in national perception, competitive standing and future outlook were placed right on the table for our taking and we fell flat on our faces. Whether you want to attribute that to crap recruiting for Bo in the early years, an inordinate amount of injuries, bad play calling, etc. This seems to be more of a reflective piece as opposed to we lost out and made a bad choice making the move