Maliek Collins taking snaps with 1st team defense

Please tell me he's taking Randal's spot.

Thad will probably start (and rightfully so), but I figure we'll see much more of Collins and Thad will spell him.

Thad's been a workhorse and has been a hell of a kid, playing on two bum knees. I just wish we had the kids to give him more of a breather the past few years, or he probably wouldn't have had to tear himself up. :(

Ahhhh.. as much as I agree with you guys that he should see more PT............it's bowl prep...... a time to make those "unhappy" guys feel a little better so they will be content going into the off-season.

Not saying that this is the case with Collins, but it is the case in many situations. Coaches tend to use this chance to mentally "pump" up guys who are possibly a little disheartened by amount of playing time. Furthermore, they also use a little time to give those back ups valuable reps....ala..early start towards next year rather than true bowl reps..

Ahhhh.. as much as I agree with you guys that he should see more PT............it's bowl prep...... a time to make those "unhappy" guys feel a little better so they will be content going into the off-season.

Not saying that this is the case with Collins, but it is the case in many situations. Coaches tend to use this chance to mentally "pump" up guys who are possibly a little disheartened by amount of playing time. Furthermore, they also use a little time to give those back ups valuable reps....ala..early start towards next year rather than true bowl reps..

This is spoken from a guy who has coached! I do this ALL the time, now, I don't have "bowl games" to prepare for but anyone who has coached long enough, knows when to do this.

This is spoken from a guy who has coached! I do this ALL the time, now, I don't have "bowl games" to prepare for but anyone who has coached long enough, knows when to do this.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. HANC has never even SEEN a football game.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. HANC has never even SEEN a football game.

I knew that whole "Orton" thing was going to haunt me for the rest of my HB days.... Sometimes I clearly don't think before I post stuff.

With that said, I do think that Collins will play and this isn't the scenario I described, but that scenario is played out all of the time. As teachercd, coaches sense when kids need a psychological boost, so it is important to pull them into the fray every once in awhile to keep them motivated and to show them that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Please tell me he's taking Randal's spot.

Thad will probably start (and rightfully so), but I figure we'll see much more of Collins and Thad will spell him.

Thad's been a workhorse and has been a hell of a kid, playing on two bum knees. I just wish we had the kids to give him more of a breather the past few years, or he probably wouldn't have had to tear himself up. :(

Broken phone, too.

I knew that whole "Orton" thing was going to haunt me for the rest of my HB days.... Sometimes I clearly don't think before I post stuff.

I would have agreed with you that Orton is pretty accurate and would generally not make as many big mistakes - and probably not as many big plays - as Romo. He did complete 65% of his passes and threw for 358 yards which isn't too shabby. But he'll be remembered for that last pass, which was poor.

I would have agreed with you that Orton is pretty accurate and would generally not make as many big mistakes - and probably not as many big plays - as Romo. He did complete 65% of his passes and threw for 358 yards which isn't too shabby. But he'll be remembered for that last pass, which was poor.

When Orton came to the Broncos a few years ago, he would rack up passing yards between the 20s, and then bog-down in the Red Zone. Denver constantly had to settle for FG's when Orton was the QB. What happened in last night's game? Orton racked up good stats in moving the Cowboys, and then would stall at or near the red zone. The Cowboys settled for 3 FG's, had another drive end at the Eagles 42 (when the Cowboys should have gone for it on 4th and 2), and another drive end at the Eagles 40 after a failed 4th down conversion. There is a reason Orton is a back-up QB.

Collins is a beast. He is always making good things happen when he's in there. and to think we get 3 or so more years with him. We saw great production out of him as a true freshman. our Dline is going to be very hard to block next year, with him VV, Clinkscales, Curry and others on the inside probably being double teamed leaving our ends 1 on 1, which not many people can block Gregory 1 on 1. success on defense starts up front by getting pressure.