OT Kenyon Frison [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Ed Helms

I know it's hard to judge HS film but where would you put Wilbon on the current depth chart minus AA?

You'd think he'd be behind all the returning backs (Abdullah, Cross, Newby, and Taylor).... I've got a feeling Taylor becomes our #2 back this year....

Was thinking the same thing, so a red-shirt year might not be a bad idea. Depth chart for me would be, Ameer, Taylor/Newby, and Cross.

I know it's hard to judge HS film but where would you put Wilbon on the current depth chart minus AA?

You'd think he'd be behind all the returning backs (Abdullah, Cross, Newby, and Taylor).... I've got a feeling Taylor becomes our #2 back this year....

Was thinking the same thing, so a red-shirt year might not be a bad idea. Depth chart for me would be, Ameer, Taylor/Newby, and Cross.

I don't think Cross' worth ethic can be forgotten in this conversation. He seems willing, and committed to doing whatever he has to do to be great....

I don't think Cross' worth ethic can be forgotten in this conversation. He seems willing, and committed to doing whatever he has to do to be great....

He has already shown good work ethic, strength, and balance. I just wonder if his speed and ability to cut back will hold his down. Guess if he is able to see the creases a little better to get to the next level, it could help his candidacy.

He has already shown good work ethic, strength, and balance. I just wonder if his speed and ability to cut back will hold his down. Guess if he is able to see the creases a little better to get to the next level, it could help his candidacy.

I wasn't saying he'll play more than the others, but I expect him to see snaps....

His field vision needs to get better as well.

This year, Cross came in to give Ameer a breather (run Ameer two plays then Cross or Newby came in) and short yards. I bet he keeps his short yard carries (though he might have to split some with Adam Taylor), but I think the number two position goes from Cross/Newby to Newby/Taylor. Cross will still get carries, but he will have to split them with Taylor.

Of course, I could be wrong because we have not seen Taylor at all, but I am buying into the hype around our Katy RB.