Tommy Armstrong

Regarding TA...

typically the greatest improvement in a player is between year 1 and year 2 as a starter --- he should improve a good deal

(as mentioned earlier) he needs to get coached up --- will have to go outside like Martinez to so so... no one on the NU staff will be of much help

he did look much faster today than he did all season --- that is encouraging

he could be decent next year --- or, if Stanton beats him out we would have a decent back-up in TA --- the competition will be good for him

so... while there is nothing to be overly excited about... there is little to worry about either. TA has no attributes that stand out as particularly promising nor does he have any attributes particularly problematic either... he seems serviceable --- then again, it is quite likely he will improve (hopefully a great deal)

I thought TA did a nice job...... He obvioulsy had the one int, which hurt and he needs to fall on that fumble, rather than trying to be a hero (almost cost us big, but because of his great pass, turned out ok :).

He did have a few drops....the Turner drop was obviously the worst, but had a few more....It was a difficult day for option football. On the wet field, the east-west game is almost impossible, because you just can't plant to get north and south...so, with that in mind, he did well.

Congrats TA....enjoy the victory.

Don't want to be a "downer", but I have said all year that Stanton will be the man next year. If TA continues to play well, this will be fun to watch.

Most anticipated spring game since '04? (new offense, new coach) or 08? (Pelini's return?) for the qb battle?

Taylor's spring game in 2010........

I'm interested to see how it plays out vs Stanton. Kind of a bummer to have two good qb's at the same time, but I guess it is a good problem to have. Just hope one of them doesn't get frustrated and transfer.

Most good programs aspire to have more than one good QB on the roster.

Oh, I guess I didn't think about that... :sarcasm

I'm interested to see how it plays out vs Stanton. Kind of a bummer to have two good qb's at the same time, but I guess it is a good problem to have. Just hope one of them doesn't get frustrated and transfer.

I sometimes wish that we could recruit qbs in cycles, Every second year so that way when one guy graduates you have another that has been in the system for a bit, and your don't recruit a bunch of good guys and can only play one.

This is what I was trying to get at...

I sometimes wish that we could recruit qbs in cycles, Every second year so that way when one guy graduates you have another that has been in the system for a bit, and your don't recruit a bunch of good guys and can only play one.

One per class is the way to go. Or I should say, go after one per class. That way if you miss out one year, or someone doesn't pan out, or someone transfers you still have at least one backup who's been on campus a couple years.

Totally agree and its what I do on NCAA so it must work in real life

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?.....

Our O-Line was excellent this year, even with half of the 2-deep rotation injured.

Unbelievable.....

"Excellent" is a severe, severe stretch. The injuries have to be taken into account, no question. But, as an overall unit, they were slightly above average at best this season. I'm not sure what line you were watching if you thought they were excellent, because it certainly wasn't Nebraska's.

Excellence would be what Stanford and Alabama had throughout the season. In comparison to those programs, Nebraska has a long ways to go.

Hope TA finds a QB coach in the summer like Trent Dilfer, the manning camp, or martinez's coach to work on his passing mechanics. I feel he can be a really good QB if he just gets better as a passer

Not disagreeing with the idea, but GOD NO! I want as little Dilfer stink as possible on the program.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?.....

Our O-Line was excellent this year, even with half of the 2-deep rotation injured.

Unbelievable.....

"Excellent" is a severe, severe stretch. The injuries have to be taken into account, no question. But, as an overall unit, they were slightly above average at best this season. I'm not sure what line you were watching if you thought they were excellent, because it certainly wasn't Nebraska's.

Excellence would be what Stanford and Alabama had throughout the season. In comparison to those programs, Nebraska has a long ways to go.

I wonder what AA's stats would look like if he was running behind Stoopid Larry's/Ahman Green's lines

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?.....

Unbelievable.....

Alabama's offensive line was not that great this season. Last season, Alabama had one of the greatest lines in the history of CFB. We held our own against MSU, the same as Stanford and they had all their starters and we did not.

I think the OL has made tremendous strides under Garrison. I am excited to see what he can continue to do with depth development and being able to rotate. This really saved our season from a complete disaster this year. Could you imagine if we weren't 10 deep on the line? We could have been 5-7.

• Fire 1

Honest question...why is everyone so sure that Stanton is going to be so good, especially as a freshman? We haven't had much luck lately with highly rated QB recruits and I'm just wondering if there is something different about Stanton that Cody Green or Brion Carnes or even Jamal Turner didn't have. I'm pro-Bo, but Martinez has pretty much been his only QB and feelings are mixed about his ability at that position. I'm just not so quick to jump off the TA wagon to get on Stanton's. I was fairly impressed with him for his freshman year.

Honest question...why is everyone so sure that Stanton is going to be so good, especially as a freshman? We haven't had much luck lately with highly rated QB recruits and I'm just wondering if there is something different about Stanton that Cody Green or Brion Carnes or even Jamal Turner didn't have. I'm pro-Bo, but Martinez has pretty much been his only QB and feelings are mixed about his ability at that position. I'm just not so quick to jump off the TA wagon to get on Stanton's. I was fairly impressed with him for his freshman year.

I have no clue if Stanton is going to be successful or not. However, I am excited for the potential of success.

I personally think TA can be a very very very good QB for us. People watch a player in his Freshman year and make a judgement on if he is going to be successful the next three years. For some reason, they don't think anyone can improve and grow in their position. TA got some great experience this year, now he can go into the off season with that experience and grow as a QB. he knows where his strengths are and where he needs to improve. He has the potential to come back next year and do great things.

The QB battle between TA and Stanton is going to be fun. I really hope both stay healthy, work hard, support each other no matter who wins the battle and work to improve the team. I think they will.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?.....

Unbelievable.....

Alabama's offensive line was not that great this season. Last season, Alabama had one of the greatest lines in the history of CFB. We held our own against MSU, the same as Stanford and they had all their starters and we did not.

I think the OL has made tremendous strides under Garrison. I am excited to see what he can continue to do with depth development and being able to rotate. This really saved our season from a complete disaster this year. Could you imagine if we weren't 10 deep on the line? We could have been 5-7.

Agree.