Sugar Bowl

Glendower

kind of funny how people like to use saban's few shortcomings (temper, this loss, etc.) as justifications for bo's many failures. and there is nary a consideration for saban's many accomplishments and bo's few.

i am ready to support bo next year (i have no choice and love this team), but the schadenfreude over the premier coach at the moment and parlaying that into some sort of pass for bo is kind of ridiculous.

• Fire 1

It's really not a lot different than basically excusing Saban because he's won more. Does winning mean you can act like a jerk whenever you want?

I don't know that it's so much an excuse for Bo as just pointing out he isn't the only one. The distinction being it seems like many like to basically say "Bo does ___________. He's obviously not cut out to be a head coach at this level." or "I can't stand how Bo does ___________. We need a real head coach."

Bo's antics are probably at the bottom end of the behavioral spectrum. But really since the infamous night in College Station, I would argue that he's been generally much better than his first couple years. Still not great. But improved. We just see his much more than most coaches because we're watching closer. He'll never be Tom Osborne and he'll most likely always be more firey than most. But I think if he continues to improve in that area, it'll become less about that and more about the product on the field.

• Fire 3