Sugar Bowl

Glendower

The SEC is now 1-4 in their last five Sugar Bowls:

2009: Utah 31, Alabama 17

2010: Florida 51, Cincinatti 24

2011: Ohio State 31, Arkansas 26

2013: Louisville 33, Florida 23

2014: Oklahoma 45, Alabama 31

Part of it might be the "we-didn't-want-to-be-there" effect but that's only true for the two Alabama games, both '13 UF and '11 Arkansas wanted it.

Yeah, because "good coaches" should always have their team prepared to play!

There's no doubt that on the field those days Oklahoma and Utah were better teams. Saban and his staff also failed to prepare and motivate those teams...I won't argue that. But if you truly think that broadly speaking 2014 Oklahoma and 2009 Utah were unquestionably better teams than their Alabama counterparts then you're not being honest, the letdown factor was huge in sucking motivation from those Tide teams.

The SEC is now 1-4 in their last five Sugar Bowls:

2009: Utah 31, Alabama 17

2010: Florida 51, Cincinatti 24

2011: Ohio State 31, Arkansas 26

2013: Louisville 33, Florida 23

2014: Oklahoma 45, Alabama 31

Part of it might be the "we-didn't-want-to-be-there" effect but that's only true for the two Alabama games, both '13 UF and '11 Arkansas wanted it.

Yeah, because "good coaches" should always have their team prepared to play!

There's no doubt that on the field those days Oklahoma and Utah were better teams. Saban and his staff also failed to prepare and motivate those teams...I won't argue that. But if you truly think that broadly speaking 2014 Oklahoma and 2009 Utah were unquestionably better teams than their Alabama counterparts then you're not being honest, the letdown factor was huge in sucking motivation from those Tide teams.

Excuses, excuses.

It's really not a lot different than basically excusing Saban because he's won more. Does winning mean you can act like a jerk whenever you want?

I don't know that it's so much an excuse for Bo as just pointing out he isn't the only one. The distinction being it seems like many like to basically say "Bo does ___________. He's obviously not cut out to be a head coach at this level." or "I can't stand how Bo does ___________. We need a real head coach."

Bo's antics are probably at the bottom end of the behavioral spectrum. But really since the infamous night in College Station, I would argue that he's been generally much better than his first couple years. Still not great. But improved. We just see his much more than most coaches because we're watching closer. He'll never be Tom Osborne and he'll most likely always be more firey than most. But I think if he continues to improve in that area, it'll become less about that and more about the product on the field.

i agree. i really do not care about his antics. the only problem with his antics is the us vs. them mentality when 'them' includes the fans. then things go south and everything becomes toxic because the fans are not happy with the product on the field and not willing to defend a coach who seemingly hates them.

and there are people probably creating strawmen on both sides. but i just thought it is a poor way to try to bolster validation for bo's shortcomings, beyond just the temper ("hey, look, saban gets 'blownout' too!").

the most important thing to me in a coach is if they can get the most out of their players. how close is the team to its potential? i think bo has fallen short there. but i am ready for him to prove me wrong next year.

Agreed. I was just pointing out another instance of what Pelini gets blamed for happening other places to. Like when we lost to Washington in the Holiday bowl after taking them apart earlier in the year. There is only so much a coach can do. If the coach is taking the game lightly, that's not good. But a coach can't make the players give full effort and motivation.

Angry/drunk Bama "fan".

Absolutely perfect lyrics to that video: "Don't want to hear about it. Every single one's got a story to tell." LOL

Also, looks like the guy in the gray/red shirt coppin' a feel at about 0:50. LULZ :lol:

Flying Bama Mom Attacked OU Fan In Front Of Her Kids

At this point her 16-year-old son, who weighs about 120 pounds, told us to come up and fight him. We were like, "No, come down here."

That was when the woman came down and the video started. She was screaming at me, and sticking her tongue out at me so I asked, "Are you trying to make out with me?" And my friend was yelling "Kiss her! Kiss her!"

That's when she walked away, and then jumped me. When she kicked me, it left giant boot marks on my shirt. I'm not sure if the guy restraining her was her husband or not—they weren't sitting right next to each other—but she was kicked out of the game and her two daughters were crying.

Sounds like both parties were being douchey, but whatevs

Flying Bama Mom Attacked OU Fan In Front Of Her Kids

At this point her 16-year-old son, who weighs about 120 pounds, told us to come up and fight him. We were like, "No, come down here."

That was when the woman came down and the video started. She was screaming at me, and sticking her tongue out at me so I asked, "Are you trying to make out with me?" And my friend was yelling "Kiss her! Kiss her!"

That's when she walked away, and then jumped me. When she kicked me, it left giant boot marks on my shirt. I'm not sure if the guy restraining her was her husband or not—they weren't sitting right next to each other—but she was kicked out of the game and her two daughters were crying.

Sounds like both parties were being douchey, but whatevs

good gawt ahmighty that is awesome..she looked like a kangaroo windmilling those guys...they didnt want anything to do with those flying boots. if that had been a dude he would be in the hospital...ill bet she woke up this morning and thought "what the hell was i thinking" hope nobody i knows sees that...sure she's a bit embarrassed. looks like a normal person other than having a blood alcohol level of .3

on second look, she looks like she could be kinda hot....