ESPN Renegade

Redux

He sums it up perfectly. Tired of the SEC is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Actually, slice bread wasn't a very ideal innovation at the time because it caused the bread to go dry quicker.

Id rather eat dry bread than watch another SEC national title.

At least you can make good stuffing with dried bread.

• Fire 1

He sums it up perfectly. Tired of the SEC is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Actually, slice bread wasn't a very ideal innovation at the time because it caused the bread to go dry quicker.

Exactly. Try making stuffing with SEC teams. It looks presentable enough but it tastes like Sun Belt with an overdose of entitlement. And farts.

• Fire 2

Exactky. Try making stuffing with SEC teams. It looks presentable enough but it tastes like Sun Belt with an overdose of entitlement. And farts.

In deed.

I felt like he was still beating the drums of the SEC in that article, saying there are the greatest this and the greatest that. With a I am jealous tone to it. I don't feel that way at all. I don't think they are the best conference and I think they are overrated. They are up there with the best, but they need to over sign recruits every year. Sure they have won 7 straight NC, which is great but they are a little cheap. ESPN puts 3 out of the top 5 preseason teams SEC schools every year. So almost no matter what they get one team to the NC each year. Lets not forget they basically have home field advantage in those games plus an entire network and the NCAA president behind them. I really don't think they are any better than any of the other BCS conferences. There record vs other conferences is about average, and they play more FCS schools than any other conferences. I am not drinking the SEC cool aid.

I felt like he was still beating the drums of the SEC in that article, saying there are the greatest this and the greatest that. With a I am jealous tone to it. I don't feel that way at all. I don't think they are the best conference and I think they are overrated. They are up there with the best, but they need to over sign recruits every year. Sure they have won 7 straight NC, which is great but they are a little cheap. ESPN puts 3 out of the top 5 preseason teams SEC schools every year. So almost no matter what they get one team to the NC each year. Lets not forget they basically have home field advantage in those games plus an entire network and the NCAA president behind them. I really don't think they are any better than any of the other BCS conferences. There record vs other conferences is about average, and they play more FCS schools than any other conferences. I am not drinking the SEC cool aid.

Its hard to discredit their.......the wests.........well just the srate of Alabamas dominance. Granted it came with a truckload of luck and special treatment. But winning titles gives you room to brag. They have abused tbat power for too long. The sanctions could start falling anytime now please.

ESPN must be realizing there is a back lash towards them over their love of the SEC. They then appointed one "renegade" to put out a piece to act like they are balanced.

Sorry....not buying it.

I Wouldnt put it past them but the fatigue he expresses seems genuine. Its how alot of us feel too.

ESPN must be realizing there is a back lash towards them over their love of the SEC. They then appointed one "renegade" to put out a piece to act like they are balanced.

Sorry....not buying it.

I Wouldnt put it past them but the fatigue he expresses seems genuine. Its how alot of us feel too.

I've read him for many years. He does humor but it's pretty much what he thinks. I've never taken any of his articles to have an agenda - other than entertaining while getting his point across.

Sorry....not buying it.

I've read him for many years. He does humor but it's pretty much what he thinks. I've never taken any of his articles to have an agenda - other than entertaining while getting his point across.

This was easily the best article from ESPN Ive read in some time, Ill definitely be looking him up in the future.

Sorry....not buying it.

That's a good point. They'll want fans from both sides of the fence to stay on board.

• Fire 1

It's causing fatigue because it's been over-the-top praise for so long. If they'd just call things the way they actually are there wouldn't be a backlash. People may be stupid as a collective whole but we're not THAT stupid. Eventually we figure things out and say "hey wait a minute..."

I still can't give them full credit for 7 straight NTs when they were given extra opportunities to compete for them.

That's the funniest post I've read here forever. Kudos!

kobe10.gif

I probably wouldnt have a problem with it if it didnt have so much to do with how things actually play out. They help generate such an invisible perception that it becomes so persuasive for the top player to want to play for those schools. I know most come from that region, but the SEC wasnt always the king sh#t either. And then polls to start the year. Their pushing the SEC generates this perception that voters-both writers and coaches-place votes for SEC teams. I know preseason polls dont matter much, but they matter some. And lets be honest, would a 1 loss Auburn who went 3-9 a year ago, and started this year so far off the radar even be in the NC converstation if they were from ANY other conference. I would bet they would be no closer than Michigan St. Just my thoughts. I think many, including myself, are annoyed by it becuase to have the one and only gigantic sports network solidly in the corner for specific schools and conferences is really and unfair advantages. I know life aint fair, but this is still a bit BS.

• Fire 1
I probably wouldnt have a problem with it if it didnt have so much to do with how things actually play out. They help generate such an invisible perception that it becomes so persuasive for the top player to want to play for those schools. I know most come from that region, but the SEC wasnt always the king sh#t either. And then polls to start the year. Their pushing the SEC generates this perception that voters-both writers and coaches-place votes for SEC teams. I know preseason polls dont matter much, but they matter some. And lets be honest, would a 1 loss Auburn who went 3-9 a year ago, and started this year so far off the radar even be in the NC converstation if they were from ANY other conference. I would bet they would be no closer than Michigan St. Just my thoughts. I think many, including myself, are annoyed by it becuase to have the one and only gigantic sports network solidly in the corner for specific schools and conferences is really and unfair advantages. I know life aint fair, but this is still a bit BS.

Bingo. The best players go to the best conference. But its not just hecause thats the place they want to play. Its the place the media TELLS them they should go play. Wanna go to the NFL? SEC. Wanna play in the National Championship? SEC. Want round year coverage of your team and personal accolades? Shiny new SEC network.