James Franklin to PSU

OH HSKR FAN

As for Franklin, this is a GREAT hire for PSU. But I can't figure out why Franklin would take the job. I mean, the guy coached up Vandy to the point where they were holding their own in the SEC. Went 4-4 this year in conf games. So it seems like Franklin could've landed a better gig than PSU. Nothing against Penn State. It's just that with the whole Paterno/Sanduski scandal and accompanying sanctions and fines, Penn State isn't exactly a plum job right now. And won't be for several more years. Makes you wonder. :dunno

• Fire 1

As for Franklin, this is a GREAT hire for PSU. But I can't figure out why Franklin would take the job. I mean, the guy coached up Vandy to the point where they were holding their own in the SEC. Went 4-4 this year in conf games. So it seems like Franklin could've landed a better gig than PSU. Nothing against Penn State. It's just that with the whole Paterno/Sanduski scandal and accompanying sanctions and fines, Penn State isn't exactly a plum job right now. And won't be for several more years. Makes you wonder. :dunno

I was thinking the same thing.

Sam McKewon:

If Penn State gets out of his way. Franklin's hardcore. It's gonna be his way, and it's gonna be a full throttle. Penn State has to be cool being the Big Ten program that ruffles some feathers. Because Franklin's not gonna go kiss Hoke and Urban's ring.

I would like McKewon to explain to me why Hoke is in this position of receiving alledged ring kisses. Seriously. What has Hoke done? If anything, Dantonio is right up their with Meyer in the ring kissing category.

Sam McKewon:

If Penn State gets out of his way. Franklin's hardcore. It's gonna be his way, and it's gonna be a full throttle. Penn State has to be cool being the Big Ten program that ruffles some feathers. Because Franklin's not gonna go kiss Hoke and Urban's ring.

I would like McKewon to explain to me why Hoke is in this position of receiving alledged ring kisses. Seriously. What has Hoke done? If anything, Dantonio is right up their with Meyer in the ring kissing category.

I agree that Hoke hasn't done much of anything at Michigan. I have never seen a guy get so much credit for a 2nd place finish in their division (as they did in 2011). Plenty of media have a pretty high opinion of Hoke and what he has done at UM. I think McKewon is just pointing out that the media is the ones who put Ohio State and Michigan at the top of the Big 10 ladder.

Tom Dienhart@BTNTomDienhart 5m

RT “@SportsCenter: DEVELOPING: James Franklin expected accept an offer today to become head coach at Penn State. (via ESPN & Media Reports)”

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan 5m

RT @BFeldmanCBS: BREAKING #Vandy coach James Franklin is expected to be the next head coach at #PennState, per source

Zombie Devaney@ZombieDevaney 2m

Penn State's new coach upholds the long held Nittany Lion tradition of looking the other way.

• 3 months later...

ESPN Big Ten@ESPN_BigTen 3m

Attorneys for former Vanderbilt player charged with rape allege that James Franklin contacted victim after incident … http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10858666/james-franklin-contacted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores …

ESPN Big Ten@ESPN_BigTen 3m

Franklin allegation first reported by @Tennesseanhttp://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2014/04/29/james-franklin-allegation-surfaces-vandy-filing/8476049/ …

ESPN Big Ten@ESPN_BigTen 1m

Franklin declined to comment about allegations to @Tennessean. Next scheduled media appearance is Thursday in State College.