Ameer is coming back for Sr. Year

The full statement by Ameer and Bo is worth reading. Ameer is definitely a unique individual.

http://journalstar.c...YMPhpkA.twitter

They just read this on 1620. I was really really impressed, he has a great head on his shoulders. Great role model.

I fully expected him to turn pro. I know many mentioned his desire to earn a degree, but many times the opportunity for the NFL is too good to pass up. Hopefully Ameer will get his degree AND a successful NFL career.

Great statement. What do you guys make of this by Bo? Is he breaking away from his usual?

He is a young man that is deserving of being a leading candidate for the Heisman Trophy and other national awards in 2014.

I'd love to see Bo get behind a campaign. Good for Ameer, good for the Huskers, and good for Nebraska in general. You know he's gonna rack up the yards assuming he stays healthy. A big dose of marketing could easily take him to New York.

Great statement. What do you guys make of this by Bo? Is he breaking away from his usual?

He is a young man that is deserving of being a leading candidate for the Heisman Trophy and other national awards in 2014.

I'd love to see Bo get behind a campaign. Good for Ameer, good for the Huskers, and good for Nebraska in general. You know he's gonna rack up the yards assuming he stays healthy. A big dose of marketing could easily take him to New York.

I am hopeful they will. They have been a bit slow to start these up in the past. It would definitely do nothing but good for the program and get some of the recent angst out of people's minds.

I am hopeful they will. They have been a bit slow to start these up in the past. It would definitely do nothing but good for the program and get some of the recent angst out of people's minds.

I don't think this is anything new for Bo or the school, and I think they go about it the right way.

They made websites for Suh and for Rex, and funneled attention through them, but didn't make a big deal out of it. Bo has made similar comments before, and it's welcome to hear him give an honest opinion or at least a promoting one, but he's still a coach and not a salesman.

Big Heisman campaigns really aren't worth much at all.