Ameer is coming back for Sr. Year

Well I truly hope it pays off for him. I know the money is great, and the chances of injury are high, but that is what these kids sign on for. I would assume it is hard to make that commitment with the short life expectancy of RB's in the NFL. I hope we use him as he is needed and not run him into the ground this year. Would love to see him get the accolades for a great year, but would prefer we did well enough that he could be used within normal limits, therein lengthening his pro career, only so many runs in those knees. I have learned that the hard way. I think his staying also says some very important things about Bo. Quite obvious we see a different Bo than these kids see. I think congrats are in order for both of them.

Dude has a very solid chance to turn himself into a top RB prospect for next years draft if he comes back next year and continues to be everything he has been... And shows he has improved on the fumbling.

Say what you will about Bo and his staff, but one thing you cannot rip on them in any way, shape, or form about is having kids leave early. Every big time player we've had since Bo has been here has played out their eligibility. Even Suh. They're really, really skilled at making guys see the value of finishing up.

This makes me want to can Beck even more now. Ameer should be in the Heisman running next year, but I get a sick feeling Beck will get all goofy with his play calling and somehow screw Ameer out of some stats.

Well I truly hope it pays off for him. I know the money is great, and the chances of injury are high, but that is what these kids sign on for. I would assume it is hard to make that commitment with the short life expectancy of RB's in the NFL. I hope we use him as he is needed and not run him into the ground this year. Would love to see him get the accolades for a great year, but would prefer we did well enough that he could be used within normal limits, therein lengthening his pro career, only so many runs in those knees. I have learned that the hard way. I think his staying also says some very important things about Bo. Quite obvious we see a different Bo than these kids see. I think congrats are in order for both of them.

Ameer valued getting his degree even more than going to the NFL, his statement makes that abundantly rare. He also mentioned that the average NFL career is only 5 years and that getting his degree is more valuable in the long run. Very heady young man IMO.

I really, really. really hope the staff manages his carries next year. We will have Cross, Newby and Taylor. Let them carry the load until conference play. Get him carries early, but pull him. Let him rest and not carry s friggin much. Just my .02.

He can still get 1000 yrds, Hypesman talk and records without carrying 300+ times. His draft stock will improve with less fumbles and less carries. The life expectancy of RB's is low to begin with, let alone a guy who gas carried/will carry as much as AA has.

Abdullah had dismissed the notion of leaving early for the NFL earlier this season, but it appears he re-evaluated the situation. I'm very glad he's coming back. He's the best player on the team, and as was said earlier tonight on BTN, Nebraska (or nearly any other team) will not sign a recruit this year better than Abdullah.

It's also very promising for the team. If Abdullah is coming back, he must have confidence in his teammates. That's a good sign and I'm hopeful for next season, too.

It's refreshing to see the wisdom of AA's decision when so many people, many of them much older and more experienced, do absolutely nothing but chase money. Abdullah gets only one chance at a senior season. The whole senior class, and really the whole team, gets only one chance at the 2014 season. And after it's gone no amount of money will bring it back.

Ameer fighting so hard for that first down that made the Miracle Play in the Northwestern game possible, to me, is the one play that tells everything there is to know about Ameer. It was clear he knew the importance of the first down, he knew where the line was and it was equally as clear that everything down to his core was determined to make that first down. I think that was the real star play of that drive.

Great for him and great for NU.

• Fire 3

Ameer fighting so hard for that first down that made the Miracle Play in the Northwestern game possible, to me, is the one play that tells everything there is to know about Ameer. It was clear he knew the importance of the first down, he knew where the line was and it was equally as clear that everything down to his core was determined to make that first down. I think that was the real star play of that drive.

Great point, and damn what a great play. Broke three tackles if I remember right. Would not be denied. I never had a doubt in my mind, this guy gets it, I knew he'd be back.

• Fire 1

Great point, and damn what a great play. Broke three tackles if I remember right. Would not be denied. I never had a doubt in my mind, this guy gets it, I knew he'd be back.

That play gets lost in the Hail Mary for sure. We have been blessed as fans under Bo for the quality of backs we have had. Helu, Rex and AA. All class acts and solid character. Great job to the staff for their development and recruitment.

One thing Abdullah could do to help improve his draft status is solidify his role in all situations. Throughout many parts of the year, goal line situation meant Imani Cross. Although many of us know AA's size is deceiving and he has a lot of power, so many NFL teams get caught up in the measurable like size and speed. I think AA is probably viewed as a change of pace back right now in the NFL. If he were projected as a first or second round he'd probably be gone, or maybe even third, he'd probably be gone.