SIGNED - DT Carlos Davis

Ed Helms

Is Kaz 100% gone from NU? I would think he is but I haven't heard anything lately

DL is one of the strongest position groups, and one where true growth of the players have occurred. Add in the fact that Kaz is solid recruiting, I would say Riley should take a long look at Kaz before moving on.

Considering Kaz was with Bo at the meeting, I think we know where his loyalty lies.

Yeah, I thought of that, but Kaz is his own man whose body of work at Nebraska deserves its own evaluation. We are obviously not close enough to the situation to know if Kaz off the field would be a good fit for the program going forward, but he has my vote, in terms, of his recruiting ability, player development, and player performance.

I like Kaz too and wouldn't mind him staying. However I think a lot of people could look good coaching: 2 future top 10 picks (RG and Collins), another future NFL DT (VV) and probably a guy that finds a himself a spot in the NFL (McMullen). Just sayin.

Again, with three of those four guys, it goes back to a chicken and egg argument. Did they succeed because they were that naturally talented, or did Kaz coach it out of them?
Good point.

Is Kaz 100% gone from NU? I would think he is but I haven't heard anything lately

DL is one of the strongest position groups, and one where true growth of the players have occurred. Add in the fact that Kaz is solid recruiting, I would say Riley should take a long look at Kaz before moving on.

Considering Kaz was with Bo at the meeting, I think we know where his loyalty lies.
Yeah, I thought of that, but Kaz is his own man whose body of work at Nebraska deserves its own evaluation. We are obviously not close enough to the situation to know if Kaz off the field would be a good fit for the program going forward, but he has my vote, in terms, of his recruiting ability, player development, and player performance.
I like Kaz too and wouldn't mind him staying. However I think a lot of people could look good coaching: 2 future top 10 picks (RG and Collins), another future NFL DT (VV) and probably a guy that finds a himself a spot in the NFL (McMullen). Just sayin.
Again, with three of those four guys, it goes back to a chicken and egg argument. Did they succeed because they were that naturally talented, or did Kaz coach it out of them?
Good point.

according to Joe Keelz's tweet, Kaz is gone.

Heard from a buddy that recruits kc. Maybe he is wrong. I hope so,

Not knocking your buddy, but if they publicly did it (awards ceremony was on 12/9), I feel like we would have heard. Now, if they made a comment in passing... who knows.

Maybe this is going off the report that one of them said we were no longer in the running for the twins. Then Riley met with them and they "recommitted."