New DB Coach - Charlton Warren

QMany

Here's the full press release:

Warren, who turns 37 on Friday, has spent the past nine seasons coaching at Air Force, working directly with the defensive backs all nine years with the Falcons. Warren has also earned a reputation as the Falcons’ top recruiter and coordinated Air Force’s recruiting efforts for six seasons from 2006 to 2011

I think this is why he was hired. Hopefully he can keep this up at Nebraska!

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 6m

Charlton Warren is a "human dynamo" says the man who hired him at Air Force. http://www.omaha.com/article/20140117/HUSKERS/140118816 … Good work from @JonNyatawa #huskers

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH 5m

Fresno State HC Tim DeRuyter -- formerly of AFA -- called Warren the "best recruiter" on Air Force's staff. http://www.omaha.com/article/20140117/HUSKERS/140118816 … #huskers

Jon Nyatawa@JonNyatawa 2m

Air Force's legendary coach, Fisher DeBerry, says Charlton Warren brings the energy. Always: http://omaha.com/article/20140117/HUSKERS/140118816/1002#warren-hits-road-already-for-huskers-recruiting … #Huskers

Jon Nyatawa@JonNyatawa 22s

DeBerry on Charlton Warren: "He's good at understanding the present day athlete... makes a masterful impression in the living room" #Huskers

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 9m

One stat on Warren: While Air Force had a bad year in turnover margin, ranked 87th, it went plus-50 previous 5 yrs. Had 20 picks in '09.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC 36s

No immediate comment from Warren yet beyond the statement. #Husker fans will like the reason why: He's out recruiting.

Both awesome to hear. From what I've heard, this guy will kind of be our new Mike Ekeler. We need that on the sidelines again. I hope it's contagious.

• Fire 1

Aside from that, he'll just be a yes man for Bo just like the rest of the staff.

How do you know this? Presumption just because of Bo or is every position coach a yes man for every head coach.

Fair question. What changed mid-season? Did Bo take over the D, or did he relinquish more of the D to JP?

I just want to make sure I'm playing Logical Leapfrog correctly.

Start with young/inexperienced defense > they get better mid-season > HC must have cut off DC's balls > DC is a yes man > all coaches at Nebraska are yes men > new coach you have never heard of before yesterday is definitely a yes man.

I loved playing on slippery slopes when I was a child.

>QMany 100% yes man.

Aside from that, he'll just be a yes man for Bo just like the rest of the staff.

How do you know this? Presumption just because of Bo or is every position coach a yes man for every head coach.

Fair question. What changed mid-season? Did Bo take over the D, or did he relinquish more of the D to JP?

JP giving more input? :rolleyes:

the guys is gonna be a beast.. i was looking at rivals AF commits from the past couple of years... CW got a lot of kids... but you know i think he was limited with the kids he could get being its a service school... with a chance to get out and go after a wide range of kids (still down for those Georgia gems... much like our Louisiana kids this year) i think he will be a great addition... i think he will be just as good or better that our last couple of guys we have had recruiting in his spot.. i don't see a drop off.....