sure, it's a bad idea to be stoned for, basically, seven years. Same goes for alcohol or any other drug. But how's that an argument against legalization?

It's a rebuttal to the claim that smoking pot is nothing but beneficial to your health. Anytime you burn and inhale something it is going to have negative consequences.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

My girlfriend was checking her Facebook last night and showed me a post some former co-worker of her's made. The lady was pissed that weed is legal on 4/20 because it's Easter. Apparently all the other holidays are cool for toking up, but not Easter lol

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes. I really think that that’s another instance of public opinion [that's] changed. And recognize that the distinction between marijuana and alcoholic beverages is really not much of a distinction. Alcohol, the prohibition against selling and dispensing alcoholic beverages has I think been generally, there’s a general consensus that it was not worth the cost. And I think really in time that will be the general consensus with respect to this particular drug."

– Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, in comments made during NPR’s “Weekend Edition” as to whether marijuana should be legalized in the United States.

I give it another decade before it's legal in most of the Western U.S. and New England. Now that the legal cannabis industry is growing, there will be more and more financial support for legalization, and in turn, more public support for reform.

I know for sure Alaska is voting on it this year. I'm not sure if any other states are, but a bunch are trying to get all the requisite signatures together.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my curiosity got the better of me, I just had to do it to believe that I could actually walk into a store and purchase recreational MJ legally. I had no idea what I was after but the stoner guy at the counter gave me all kinds of advice. Indica to relax and go to sleep or sativa for a clearer head daytime buzz, or a hybrid mix of the two for the best of both worlds, and multiple varieties of all 3. I basically had no clue so I went with a hybrid called Bubble Jack Wreck because he said it was one of his favorites. I know one thing, he has much more experience than me so who was I to argue. It's been over 25 years since I last partook of the whacky weed. In Colorado purchase/possession up to 1 ounce (28 grams) is legal. A full ounce was about $390 plus tax. They would sell it in 28g, 14g, 7g, 3.5g, & 1g amounts. I bought the smallest amount they sell, 1 gram for $15 plus about $2.50 in taxes for a total of $17.50ish. They did not ask for ID (I am clearly over 21...), didn't need to know my name or anything. 1 gram is about enough for one person to get high 4 or 5 times (15-20 hits). I don't want to reveal too much but I did sleep like a baby Friday night.

Just thought I'd share.

• Fire 6