In Colorado purchase/possession up to 1 ounce (28 grams) is legal. A full ounce was about $390 plus tax.

One ounce is a good amount of weed. Eighths and quarters are usually the sizes sold on the street. $390 plus tax isn't bad. An eighth of good stuff would usually go for $40-50 when I was in college.

Well my curiosity got the better of me, I just had to do it to believe that I could actually walk into a store and purchase recreational MJ legally. I had no idea what I was after but the stoner guy at the counter gave me all kinds of advice. Indica to relax and go to sleep or sativa for a clearer head daytime buzz, or a hybrid mix of the two for the best of both worlds, and multiple varieties of all 3. I basically had no clue so I went with a hybrid called Bubble Jack Wreck because he said it was one of his favorites. I know one thing, he has much more experience than me so who was I to argue. It's been over 25 years since I last partook of the whacky weed. In Colorado purchase/possession up to 1 ounce (28 grams) is legal. A full ounce was about $390 plus tax. They would sell it in 28g, 14g, 7g, 3.5g, & 1g amounts. I bought the smallest amount they sell, 1 gram for $15 plus about $2.50 in taxes for a total of $17.50ish. They did not ask for ID (I am clearly over 21...), didn't need to know my name or anything. 1 gram is about enough for one person to get high 4 or 5 times (15-20 hits). I don't want to reveal too much but I did sleep like a baby Friday night.

Just thought I'd share.

I drove by one close to me the Friday before Easter (4/20). The line was out the door :lol:

In Colorado purchase/possession up to 1 ounce (28 grams) is legal. A full ounce was about $390 plus tax.

One ounce is a good amount of weed. Eighths and quarters are usually the sizes sold on the street. $390 plus tax isn't bad. An eighth of good stuff would usually go for $40-50 when I was in college.

That's sort of what I recall from my college days 30 years ago. Seems like it went for $50 for a nickel bag (1/8 oz.) or $100 for a dime bag (1/4 oz.) so, basically the same they are selling it legally for now. The big thing that has changed I think is selection and specificity of the type of high desired. I think the medical MJ industry really got them to dial some things in.

I drove by one close to me the Friday before Easter (4/20). The line was out the door :lol:

I was just running out for lunch last Thursday, saw that the place wasn't busy on my way by so I stopped in. Took maybe 5 to 10 minutes. If I had any clue what I was doing, could've been in and out in 3 minutes. :smokin

With Colorado being so close, does anyone else think we could be seeing a change in the near future?

I realize we are two very different states in every sense of the word, but shouldn't the proximity of Colorado benefit us down the road in terms of legalization?

With Colorado being so close, does anyone else think we could be seeing a change in the near future?

I realize we are two very different states in every sense of the word, but shouldn't the proximity of Colorado benefit us down the road in terms of legalization?

Maybe in 15-20 years.

I sweat it out every time I drive back home because they'll find a reason to pull over a car with CO license plates

Maybe in 15-20 years.

I sweat it out every time I drive back home because they'll find a reason to pull over a car with CO license plates

WTH, you drug muling pounds of the stuff between FoCo and Nebrasky? :dunno

Maybe in 15-20 years.

Lol. You don't get nervous when you see a cop on the interstate, even if you have nothing to hide? Not even a little bit?

Maybe in 15-20 years.

Lol. You don't get nervous when you see a cop on the interstate, even if you have nothing to hide? Not even a little bit?

I's just busting his balls. Yeah, I used to get real nervous because I've had more than my share of speeding tickets travelling across I-80 in Nebraska but now it just pisses me off when I get caught. It's been quite a few years now..... *knocks on wood*

• Fire 1

Maybe in 15-20 years.

I's just busting his balls. Yeah, I used to get real nervous because I've had more than my share of speeding tickets travelling across I-80 in Nebraska but now it just pisses me off when I get caught. It's been quite a few years now..... *knocks on wood*

+1 for sticking around!