Extra year for Martinez?

http://sports.findlaw.com/student_athlete/elig_summ/

An extra year of eligibility can also be granted via a "hardship waiver" if a student-athlete suffers an incapacitating injury or illness in the course of a season. The injury must occur during the first half of the season and the student-athlete, in Divisions I and II, must not have participated in more than two contests or 20% of the school's completed contests, whichever is greater.

I believe the Minnesota debacle was the nail in the coffin for extra eligibility. Either way I love Taylor and what he accomplished hear but it's time to move on as a fanbase and for Taylor and his career. Somebody linked an article from ESPN that said he's getting ready fro pro day so I think he realizes that as well.

• Fire 2

I am not sure if he has signed with an agent yet, but if he did that would end it as well.

Yes, he signed a couple of weeks ago.

Minnesota game: not playing...... qualified medical waiver

Minnesota game: playing.....usually not qualified. IF Nebraska playing in CCG (one extra game) then NCAA god decision. Probably denied but who knows.....

I am not sure if he has signed with an agent yet, but if he did that would end it as well.

Yes, he signed a couple of weeks ago.

Minnesota game: not playing...... qualified medical waiver

Minnesota game: playing.....usually not qualified. IF Nebraska playing in CCG (one extra game) then NCAA god decision. Probably denied but who knows.....

Welp. That settles it.

I agree. But as much as he has to work on, he should get plenty of time over the off season. He probably didn't get a lot of reps in fall camp (Martinez got the majority) and when he had to come in and play, our receivers had injury problems and so he probably didn't get a lot of time with the usual starters as Bell and Turner in particular missed a lot of practice time.

With he and Stanton splitting reps all spring and all fall, both should be in a lot better spot come September.

I agree. But as much as he has to work on, he should get plenty of time over the off season. He probably didn't get a lot of reps in fall camp (Martinez got the majority) and when he had to come in and play, our receivers had injury problems and so he probably didn't get a lot of time with the usual starters as Bell and Turner in particular missed a lot of practice time.

With he and Stanton splitting reps all spring and all fall, both should be in a lot better spot come September.

I hope Stanton gets his chances early in the year to see what he can do....

On a side note, how long have you been a MOD?

I respect and appreciate what TMart did for the program, but it is time for change at the most important position on a football team.

Yeah,who wants to return a 4year starter that set about 30 school records. Give me either a guy who has every bit the same turnover problems but not the big play potential, or a freshman who has zero experience.

I respect and appreciate what TMart did for the program, but it is time for change at the most important position on a football team.

Yeah,who wants to return a 4year starter that set about 30 school records. Give me either a guy who has every bit the same turnover problems but not the big play potential, or a freshman who has zero experience.

Ha!

True...and funny!

• Fire 1