2013-14 Seniors in NFL Draft

QMany

Taylor takes this shot, the ball would be on the ground and he'd have been out for 3-4 weeks before being hobbled the rest of the season.

That is so wrong. He woulda played every game, with a hippointer, strained shoulder, concussion, and sprained MCL.

People knock the way Taylor took hits, but I always noted it as him just being a different character. Regardless what it looked like, he got up from every single one of them. Much more than you can say for guys like Braxton Miller.

Taylor takes this shot, the ball would be on the ground and he'd have been out for 3-4 weeks before being hobbled the rest of the season.

Not exactly fair to compare the entirety of one person's 'toughness' (edit: oh, picking out his worst example for comparison - nice) with a singular example of someone else's that just so happens to be the hardest hit you could find, is it? But yeah I'm sure Frost and Crouch never once got lit up and Taylor never once lowered his shoulder.

Not equating these two plays, but it's not as if one is as dense as iron and the other as fragile as glass:

I think people are confusing "I didn't like Taylor Martinez as our quarterback" with "Taylor Martinez wasn't tough."

It's fair to say you didn't like him as a quarterback here. But there's plenty of evidence that the kid was tough as nails, both physically and mentally. We don't beat OSU in 2011 without him, we don't have those ridiculous comebacks in 2012 without him. He took a TON of solid shots in his career and played through pain a lot.

And if the rejoinder is that everyone in college football plays through pain, that's not an example that Taylor wasn't tough.

• Fire 1

The idea that ANYBODY could believe that Taylor Martinez wasn't tough during his career at Nebraska shocks me. Kid played through injury, and gave his body for this team.

Toughness is something that this current generation lacks, and you guys take shots at one example they have of somebody tough as nails? Unbelievable.

Why is it so damn hard for anybody to be able to see two sides to something anymore? Its like knapp said. You can not like his QB skills, but to call him anything but an unbelievably tough football player is just ignorant. There are always 2 sides to the same coin, people.