Avery Moss situation: one year ban

C N Red

I still don't think the punishment fits the crime.

After the initial incident, he was banned from the residence halls. 11.5 months after this ban, and only 0.5 months before the end of the ban, there is a miscommunication and he violates this minor ban. He then receives an ALL-CAMPUS ban? Violating the residence hall ban 15 days early after a miscommunication entails a full-campus ban? This basically kicks the kid out of school, kicks him off the team, invalidates his athletic scholarship, and burns a year of eligibility. All this time, he has been going to counseling, presumably getting good grades, and not getting in any other trouble.

Again, I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

If you violated your probation 15 days before it ended, would you still expect to come in contact with the consequences of violating your probation?

But you know when your probation ends because they state so many months, and give you a release date. You also keep in touch with PO's during the time your on it as well. Moss was under the assumption that he was only banned until the end of the academic year. I don't think any of us know what was said, but things could have not been clearly stated. Since he has kept his nose clean and I don't see him doing this to create a f'up, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Was going to the dorms so important he couldn't be bothered to ask someone first to make sure he understood it correctly?

It's been a really long time since I've had to deal with any court proceedings but I'm 99.9% sure that I had to sign the court orders that stated, very specifically, when the terms of my probation period was complete. A legal document is not going to use an ambiguous term like the end of the school semester without also specifying an exact date. Moss himself should have had a copy of the court order and so should his attorney. I hate to say it but Moss has no one to blame but himself.

• Fire 1

I am guessing after the Baldwin incident the U would not take any chances and in fact shouldn't. Whether he is mentally handicap (crazy) or not he has to be punished. Teach him a lesson now and get him in to counseling, and prevent future incidents. Again, I am not saying this is the same as Baldwin, but I am sure he didn't just have the one incident either.

Kchusker- are you bothering to look any of this up or are you just saying things you think "seem" true? Yes. If the unl campus police were in McCook and had cause, they could detain you. I don't know why they'd be on duty in McCook, though. They can certainly pursue you as far as they'd like. They are a real state police force.

Kchusker- are you bothering to look any of this up or are you just saying things you think "seem" true? Yes. If the unl campus police were in McCook and had cause, they could detain you. I don't know why they'd be on duty in McCook, though. They can certainly pursue you as far as they'd like. They are a real state police force.

sorry if i implied they are a fake police force. they have uniforms and all the little gadgets, i know they are real

Sounds like there was another indecent exposure case at Burnett. Heard some dude was in the hall with his dong out. Be interesting too see if we here of the punishment and if it will be similar to moss's.

@UNLPD: @HYFR_itsSarah @UNLproblems We were there on an indecent exposure. An arrest has been made.

Per Sean Callahan:

We really don't know what the future holds for defensive end Avery Moss at Nebraska. From what I'm told he's expected to stay in Lincoln this year and work, and then hopefully rejoin the football team in 2015.

I really hope that hings work out, hes learned his lesson, and grows up and becomes a good young man that contributes to society. Hope they allow him back on campus to finish his degree and his college football career.