Avery Moss situation: one year ban

C N Red

At least he's in counseling. Regardless of whether he plays for us again or not it sounds like he needs it.

Counseling for what? Because he forgot to button his pants and they just so happened to fall down infront of the one person on campus that would care to tell anyone.

Could be mental illness...sexuality issues...drug/alcohol issues, depression...who knows? Could be anything.

Sometimes the twig n berries need some air!

Wouldn't this be his lawyers job of relaying to him this kind of information? 'Oh and Avery you're also banned from entering any residence halls on campus until such and such date and if you get caught violating that ban you could then be banned for four years instead of one'. Anything's possible but I'm not buying this whole 'miscommunication' thing. Something like a ban of entering residence halls is a pretty big deal and in this case makes total sense and any good lawyer would most certainly make it crystal clear to their client if they were told they weren't allowed in a certain place at all until a certain date had passed. I have a hard time believing the University didn't spell that out clearly to Moss or his lawyer.

Your not buying it, but I am. Especially if he got in trouble after, not during the academic year. He isn't saying they didn't spell it out, but said there was a miscommunication. They could have said for the year, and in his mind he thought it meant academic year. You don't know, I don't know. Like I said, I am willing to give him benefit of the doubt, since he has stayed out of trouble and not been busted for this during his time of being banned. If your not buying it, then don't. We are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs.

This just sucks not from a football standpoint but because you've got a kid who made a mistake, a pretty bad mistake, and from everything we can see he followed through with his counseling and followed his campus ban apart from one time which was a misunderstanding of the rules. As a result of a technicality he's essentially being booted from Nebraska for good.

I see why the university did it, and there has to be accountability for what he did, but at the same time the punishment has to fit the crime. A lot more harm than good is going to come out of this in terms of Avery's future, football or otherwise.

So if a girl were to flash publicly would she be banned from residence halls all year? That's the problem with zero tolerance policies, they are zero common sense. These are college kids. They are going to do stupid crap for unknown reasons (Source, I was a pro). If the kid is in good academic standing let him stay.

Wouldn't this be his lawyers job of relaying to him this kind of information? 'Oh and Avery you're also banned from entering any residence halls on campus until such and such date and if you get caught violating that ban you could then be banned for four years instead of one'. Anything's possible but I'm not buying this whole 'miscommunication' thing. Something like a ban of entering residence halls is a pretty big deal and in this case makes total sense and any good lawyer would most certainly make it crystal clear to their client if they were told they weren't allowed in a certain place at all until a certain date had passed. I have a hard time believing the University didn't spell that out clearly to Moss or his lawyer.

Your not buying it, but I am. Especially if he got in trouble after, not during the academic year. He isn't saying they didn't spell it out, but said there was a miscommunication. They could have said for the year, and in his mind he thought it meant academic year. You don't know, I don't know. Like I said, I am willing to give him benefit of the doubt, since he has stayed out of trouble and not been busted for this during his time of being banned. If your not buying it, then don't. We are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs.

Not sure what getting into trouble during or after the academic year has to do with anything at all. The incident regardless of when it occurred happened on campus (at the Knoll Residence Hall). The guy is getting pretty much what he deserves in my opinion. In fact the university would have looked really stupid if they didn't ban someone who exposed themselves twice on campus to begin with. He went back to a residence hall before the ban was over. He says it was unclear as to how long the ban was. The truth is it's his fault for not finding out first. Now he's paying for it.

• Fire 1

Not sure what getting into trouble during or after the academic year has to do with anything at all. The incident regardless of when it occurred happened on campus (at the Knoll Residence Hall). The guy is getting pretty much what he deserves in my opinion. In fact the university would have looked really stupid if they didn't ban someone who exposed themselves twice on campus to begin with. He went back to a residence hall before the ban was over. He says it was unclear as to how long the ban was. The truth is it's his fault for not finding out first. Now he's paying for it.

Can you show me proof of his happening twice please? Again, he didn't state he didn't know how long it was. I don't know why you keep saying that. HE STATES HE THOUGHT IT WAS FOR ONE ACADEMIC YEAR. Nowhere does he state he didn't know how long. If you think his punishment was deserved, that is your opinion, but your NOT going to change my mind on my opinion.

Can you show me proof of his happening twice please?

Do you even remember the story? Come on dude.

http://gamedayr.com/sports/avery-moss-trial-exposing-himself-to-woman/

Can you show me proof of his happening twice please?

Do you even remember the story? Come on dude.

http://gamedayr.com/...mself-to-woman/

When you stated he exposed himself twice on campus, your making it seem like its two separate occasions. It happened all on the same day.

It is a tough situation. Sadly Moss made a bad choice, and didnt fully understand the rules and had the book thrown at him.

Like knapp said, with the era we are in, universities have to think about themselves and not just about the football players.

Rough situation, and i hope nothing but the best for Moss, but again, we all have made some big mistakes and had to learn from them.

He will be a better person because of this.

It is a tough situation. Sadly Moss made a bad choice, and didnt fully understand the rules and had the book thrown at him.

Like knapp said, with the era we are in, universities have to think about themselves and not just about the football players.

Rough situation, and i hope nothing but the best for Moss, but again, we all have made some big mistakes and had to learn from them.

He will be a better person because of this.

I agree with that. I'm glad he's in counseling. I do know this. I've been given a second chance before and everyone deserves one. Whether he gets his here or at another school who knows. I know one thing, I hope that's the last time he does something like that. Definitely.

Whether you agree or disagree with the punishment, it shouldn't be too much to ask a player to keep his dick in his pants. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Sadly, in my first post in this thread, I stated that he made his bed and he has to lay in it.

I just don't understand how me disagreeing with the punishment became a whole debacle. Sorry for having my own opinion I guess? Either way, I am done debating over this.

Again, I hope to see Moss back next year. Either way, he loses a year of eligibility if he stays or goes. Just glad we can squash those stupid "My insider told me he doesn't like it here" rumors.

So if a girl were to flash publicly would she be banned from residence halls all year? That's the problem with zero tolerance policies, they are zero common sense. These are college kids. They are going to do stupid crap for unknown reasons (Source, I was a pro). If the kid is in good academic standing let him stay.

How many guys go runnin to whoever complainin about a college chik showin off here boobies? This wouldnt even be news if someone wouldnt've told someone. Not condoning here for it, but it's the fact. The authorities were alerted. Done deal, sadly.