Avery Moss situation: one year ban

C N Red

At least he's in counseling. Regardless of whether he plays for us again or not it sounds like he needs it.

Counseling for what? Because he forgot to button his pants and they just so happened to fall down infront of the one person on campus that would care to tell anyone.

At least he's in counseling. Regardless of whether he plays for us again or not it sounds like he needs it.

Counseling for what? Because he forgot to button his pants and they just so happened to fall down infront of the one person on campus that would care to tell anyone.

Could be mental illness...sexuality issues...drug/alcohol issues, depression...who knows? Could be anything.

Could be mental illness...sexuality issues...drug/alcohol issues, depression...who knows? Could be anything.

Very true. Or, it could be an 18-20 year old kid doing a stupid stunt thinking it's funny. Without being there or being close to the situation, there is no way of telling.

What ever it was, it's time for Moss to grow up, learn from the mistake and move on with life. I hope he goes through a period where he can prove that he has learned from this. If he does, I hope he can still me a major impact player for the program. If not, then I hope you goes off and has a successful life after doing something stupid as a kid.

I don't expect any special treatment for football players (or any athlete) but this seems a bit much. Here's how I read what's happened according to the article:

- Exposure incident leads to residence hall ban

- Some "misunderstanding" on timing led to Moss being in a residence hall while still under ban

- Could be banned from campus for four years - pending appeal after one - for violating residence hall ban

Obviously we only have one side of the "misunderstanding" story so it's hard to know what really happened but if he didn't cause any additional trouble, a possible four-year ban seems excessive. Also, I didn't catch it the first time but apparently is was one of the campus police officers who "made the call" on the campus ban but it was rubber-stamped by the Chief. Really? It doesn't even have to be someone in administration to call for the ban - any officer can do it? That really seems like it's asking for controversy to me.

• Fire 1