Avery Moss situation: one year ban

C N Red

Certainly not a good look for the university once his side of the story was made public. Would be hard to fault him for being not the happiest person as of late regarding staying at Nebraska. He got f'd.

Let me get this right. It's not gonna look good for the Uni? He plead no contest, pretty sure you don't do that if you're innocent.

So in what world do you get to randomly show people your junk (in a non-consensual way) and get away with no consequences when someone says that's not cool. He then got off with a slap on the wrist (don't come to this til we sort this out) and says oops sorry I thought it was just for a year.

He got off easy. He could well be a registered sex offender.

That is by far not true. I guarantee you many people plead no contest even when they are innocent. I'm not saying Moss is innocent or not, but people pleading no contest happens a lot for many reasons including time, money, embarrassment of trial, worried about getting harsher sentence if found guilty even if they aren't, etc.

I think UNL really throws the book at anything like this. When I was in school some guy supposedly fondled a girl in a dormitory elevator crowded with drunken party goers. He grabbed her boob for a second or so. She reported him to the campus police and he got in all sorts of trouble. A hearing, probation, the whole works.

/ btw, That guy was not me. I only engaged in consensual fondling. lol

If he hung around would he lose a year of eligibility?

If you don't participate in a program of any given year it doesn't count towards eligibility as far as I know. So, if welcome back next year he should still have all eligibility left he is due.

I think UNL really throws the book at anything like this. When I was in school some guy supposedly fondled a girl in a dormitory elevator crowded with drunken party goers. He grabbed her boob for a second or so. She reported him to the campus police and he got in all sorts of trouble. A hearing, probation, the whole works.

Huge difference between flashing your junk and actually groping a woman. Was he banned from campus for four years? I assure you Sherron Collins wasn't at KU.

Huge difference between flashing your junk and actually groping a woman. Was he banned from campus for four years? I assure you Sherron Collins wasn't at KU.

He wasn't even banned from that dormatory. Not for a day. They both lived in Schramm. Guys/girls every other floor. At the time though I thought the incident was overblown. Even though he didn't get nearly the penalty that Moss got.

UNL's actions here should be viewed through the lens of the post-Penn State era we live in. They're going to err on the side of overpenalizing the guy than appearing in any way to be condoning or permissive.

And this is NOT license to bring up Penn State in this thread, nor does the name of the guy in that case need to be brought up here. We've had a long-standing policy against that so don't go there. I bring this up only to bring perspective to the parameters UNL could be using to make their decision here.

• Fire 1

Too bad for all parties involved. Kids make mistakes, so I won't judge him. I thought he had a bright future here. Hope he gets it all figured out.

This hurts this team and the program as well. I'm sure his teammates were counting on him. Still, this team understands the "next man up" philosophy, I'm sure we have a few guys on the roster right now ready to put in work. Hopefully it doesn't end up stinging this team too bad. We will surely be able to tell next year.

I'll side with Knapp on this. Yes, it stinks this guy wasn't able to be given more chances here, but Nebraska has really shown their desire to run a clean program and head these types of issues off before we get any type of reputation. I think we dont know how much UNL and the coaches probably did behind the scenes to help this situation resolve in a better way. Clearly Bo and Co. handle a lot of things we don't know about and they do a good job of taking care of their players and those players futures. I have to believe there is quite a bit we don't know about, but I bet they probably tried to do what they could to keep him here and help him with his problems. They will probably continue to do so.

I don't feel sorry for him. When you do something stupid, bad things will happen. From the University's side of things, I can understand the action they took. No University wants to be seen as tolerant of any sort of sexual misconduct. They just can't take that risk.

About sums it up for me.

It's a shame, too. He showed a lot of promise on the field this season.