Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Mavric

This one will require patience.

It feels like a lot of the big name targets we have on our board, are holding out til January-ish to commit. Not necessarily a bad thing, as long as they end up picking Nebraska!

New staff. Many are waiting until they see someone else commit. Also, higher end targets take a little longer to decide.

No favorites right now. Will take more visits this summer including Cal and Stanford.

Planning to visit here again this summer. Interested to meet the new staff and see how our season goes.

Hasn't he been down at least twice since new staff? Wasn't he just there the other day?
Yeah, I don't get that comment. Plus, he was a heavy Husker lean three days ago, and now, he has no favs? Color me confused.

No favorites right now. Will take more visits this summer including Cal and Stanford.

Planning to visit here again this summer. Interested to meet the new staff and see how our season goes.

Hasn't he been down at least twice since new staff? Wasn't he just there the other day?
Yeah, I don't get that comment. Plus, he was a heavy Husker lean three days ago, and now, he has no favs? Color me confused.

He did receive a Florida offer in between those comments.

Biggest thing here is that it seems Matt wants to enjoy the process from everything I've gathered. Bo kind of messed up by not offering older brother Derek, but the OL haul that year was pretty good on paper. There's been nothing that has made me personally think our chances aren't very good. However recruiting is a very fluid entity.

#6 Offensive Player at the Opening combine he attended over the weekend.

5. Matt Farniok, OL, Sioux Falls (S.D.) Washington – Farniok was seeking out contact in the unpadded camp with more enthusiasm than we've seen in a long time. He also played every position on the offensive line and he was one of our favorite competitors at any position. Nebraska, Oklahoma and Iowa State all have Crystal Ball predictions logged for him.

Mav is just as bad as a recruit when naming his top 5 and has 6 teams on the list. :)

I figured someone would point that out. But if you look at the article, they listed an "Alpha Dog" and then "The Next 10". He was #5 on the Next 10 list and thus #6 overall.

:thumbs

"Right now I feel comfortable at Nebraska, Iowa and Stanford and Cal," Farniok said. "I felt comfortable there but I want to make sure I keep doing my research on those schools as well as other schools to make sure I can see myself there.

"Michigan State and Florida State, I want to try and get down to those two for sure. Probably Missouri. I want to see the schools in those areas. I want to get the most out of what I can and make sure I make the right choice. This is the summer I'm truly going to see places and get a feel for different coaching staffs and different places and see what fits me."

Farniok talked about the four schools he knows the most about. He visited Cal and Stanford while in the Oakland area.

Nebraska: "My old teammate went there and really liked it. I've been down a couple times to see games and it's been a neat place to see. Also the coaches that are there, now even, I get along with. I get a good feeling from them."

Iowa: "I like the coaching staff there. I get along with them. I really like how they've been able to develop o-linemen there and also how they handle it more as a business type of feel."

Cal: "It was really cool. I got to meet all the coaches and talk with them and learn more about them and learn about the school itself and go around and see the campus and see the place and learned a lot more about it. I took away a lot really. They have high academics and they hold themselves to high standards football wise. It's a pretty sweet place."

Stanford: "I liked it. It's Stanford. They have extremely strong academics and they've been known to produce strong offensive linemen which is another plus. Getting able to meet the coaches and some of the players and see the campus a little bit, you get to learn the place and see how it is."