Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Mavric

He has 20~ offers. Why does UM offer hurt when we've been recruiting much longer and harder and are considered the lean? PS, folks in SF think he will go NEB.

I guess the whole fact that Jim Harbaugh has been on a tear recruiting

I'll give Michigan props on Bredeson, but saying Harbaugh has been "on a tear recruiting" is kind of laughable. A bunch of 2 star/low 3 star guys with pretty unimpressive offer lists. If these same kids were committing to Nebraska, people would be freaking out, saying they are reaches and that the prospects are very "Beavery"

Hardly laughable when they finish higher in the rankings. I'm not saying they are a major threat, but a Michigan offer obviously looks enticing when all the talking heads rank Harbaugh as the second coming of Lloyd Carr before he has even coached a game.

Second coming of Llyod Carr a good or bad thing for Michigan fans?

He has 20~ offers. Why does UM offer hurt when we've been recruiting much longer and harder and are considered the lean? PS, folks in SF think he will go NEB.

I guess the whole fact that Jim Harbaugh has been on a tear recruiting

I'll give Michigan props on Bredeson, but saying Harbaugh has been "on a tear recruiting" is kind of laughable. A bunch of 2 star/low 3 star guys with pretty unimpressive offer lists. If these same kids were committing to Nebraska, people would be freaking out, saying they are reaches and that the prospects are very "Beavery"

Hardly laughable when they finish higher in the rankings. I'm not saying they are a major threat, but a Michigan offer obviously looks enticing when all the talking heads rank Harbaugh as the second coming of Lloyd Carr before he has even coached a game.

Second coming of Llyod Carr a good or bad thing for Michigan fans?

It's better than anything they've had since he left

Nearly all the kids Michigan has gotten, Nebraska had little to no interest from the kid or wasn't on Nebraska's radar. Michigan is off of to a great start fwiw.

I don't think that's really accurate. There are five Michigan commits (out of 17) that have Nebraska offers - and we definitely wanted three of those if not all five. There are two Husker commits with Michigan offers - Alexander and Dismuke - I don't know how much effort they put into either of those.

Nearly all the kids Michigan has gotten, Nebraska had little to no interest from the kid or wasn't on Nebraska's radar. Michigan is off of to a great start fwiw.

I don't think that's really accurate. There are five Michigan commits (out of 17) that have Nebraska offers - and we definitely wanted three of those if not all five. There are two Husker commits with Michigan offers - Alexander and Dismuke - I don't know how much effort they put into either of those.

I didn't say Nebraska didn't have interest in them. I said the interest wasn't reciprocated from the kids. Falcon wasn't coming to Nebraska no matter what, Swenson had little interest if any, Bredeson was a long shot and Peters was so stuck on Harbaugh and his connections we had little shot. As for the others, most weren't on Nebraska's radar. Viramontes was the only one that I would say we truly struck out on, but there's no way on earth he'd get a look at QB for Riley. What made him make the call for Blue.

I would say Harbaugh is actually doing well recruiting. He's a big, big name compared to Riley, and probably a heavier hitter on the recruiting trail too.

But who...are...these...guys? (encore)

Actually, I'm sure Harbaugh -- who actually has some connections with Riley -- is solid at identifying talent as well. But imagine if these players were Nebraska commits, instead of Michigan commits. "Gee, I'm really glad we could beat Georgia Southern and Colgate." "Who?" "Riley's not at Oregon State anymore." "NOT ENOUGH STARZ."

It just feels like he is so N... He has been on campus so many times...rumors in Sioux Falls are that he is a heavy N lean... Just feels right. Wish he wasn't waiting til so late to commit, but as long as he is N, it doesn't matter.

Agreed, wish he would announce sooner rather then later...but that is the price you pay sometimes for the highest talent guys.

It just feels like he is so N... He has been on campus so many times...rumors in Sioux Falls are that he is a heavy N lean... Just feels right. Wish he wasn't waiting til so late to commit, but as long as he is N, it doesn't matter.

This be over by now if Bo didn't screw up the recruitment of Tom and Derek. Whom Nebraska both could have used. None of this would've been possible if Bo was still HC. He'll be N.

really glad the new staff has kept up with this kid... hell i hope they are doing that with all the kids committed from Bo and all recruits in general.. .sometimes with Bo i remember hearing about really good kids loving Nebraska and then radio silence (yeah they might have cooled on some but other seemed to be studs)

.. the obvious mine in my argument is Brokop... wonder whats the deal

"Matt does want to visit Nebraska again," his mother Christine told Scout. "It's a visit that is important to him. He wants his older brothers Derek and Tom to come along. That's a big deal that he's making that move. It means Nebraska has definitely made the cut for him to want to show them the place and get their thoughts and feedback on it as well."

<snip>
"He did visit Nebraska today," his mother Christine confirmed. "He went there today with his older brother Tom and his younger brother Will."
The Huskers are continuing to surge for Matt Farniok's services, and may even be the favorite to land him at this point. However, they'll have to hang on a while longer.
"Matt is getting close to having his list of final five schools," noted his mother. "I know he wants to visit three more schools before he announces the five. That will be taking place in the next couple of weeks."

chuckleshuffle