Signed - OT Matt Farniok

Mavric

I'll give Michigan props on Bredeson, but saying Harbaugh has been "on a tear recruiting" is kind of laughable. A bunch of 2 star/low 3 star guys with pretty unimpressive offer lists. If these same kids were committing to Nebraska, people would be freaking out, saying they are reaches and that the prospects are very "Beavery"

I would say Harbaugh is actually doing well recruiting. He's a big, big name compared to Riley, and probably a heavier hitter on the recruiting trail too.

But who...are...these...guys? (encore)

Actually, I'm sure Harbaugh -- who actually has some connections with Riley -- is solid at identifying talent as well. But imagine if these players were Nebraska commits, instead of Michigan commits. "Gee, I'm really glad we could beat Georgia Southern and Colgate." "Who?" "Riley's not at Oregon State anymore." "NOT ENOUGH STARZ."

If I were a Michigan fan, I would think that.

But since I'm not, go recruit those kids Harbaugh. Tell Urban Meyer he should do the same.

• Fire 1

He doesn't look very physically impressive, IMO. A lot of bad weight. Just my two cents.

That will go away pretty quickly under the guidance of the strength coaches.

We had a oline man at the school I coach at a couple of years ago that had bad weight, but had great feet and the skills needed. He came back after his first year and was unbelievable!

He thinks there is not much difference between the old and new Husker staffs, as far as how he feels they recruit.

Not sure how to feel about that...

I'm not surprised an individual recruit would say that. He has a contact coach and a position coach and they call him or communicate with him on a regular basis.

The macro picture of recruiting is where I think I see a bigger difference. Building relationships early with kids. Use of social media...etc.

The bigger issue is that I hope he sees this staff as a better staff as coaches and mentors.

• Fire 1

He thinks there is not much difference between the old and new Husker staffs, as far as how he feels they recruit.

Not sure how to feel about that...

I'm not surprised an individual recruit would say that. He has a contact coach and a position coach and they call him or communicate with him on a regular basis.

The macro picture of recruiting is where I think I see a bigger difference. Building relationships early with kids. Use of social media...etc.

The bigger issue is that I hope he sees this staff as a better staff as coaches and mentors.

I also think that Garrison and Barney were doing a pretty good job bringing in O-Line talent the last 2-3 cycles and were off to a great start for this cycle as well. There is some really good potential in the trenches for Cav to mold.
  • 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...