Count me as glad we grabbed a couple. Cross is situational, Newby showed enough to make me worry if he'll be anything more than a liability - Taylor sat out so I know little to nothing about him. Frazier is gone. That essentially leaves 1 guy. We're not exactly stocked at RB. I have no doubt that someone would step up, but at the same time - it's not like we're packing a 1-2 punch like Alabama, Oregon or Wisconsin usually do.

What exactly leads you to think we have too many running backs? We have 5 scholarship running backs (Abdullah, Cross, Newby, Taylor & Wilbon). That seems like a decent number. My concern is that we don't have another back behind Ameer who's proven he can be that guy that can take the team on his back

Imani Cross was hot & cold throughout the year & hasn't proven himself to be that reliable back that can be counted on every game IMO. Terrell Newby had terrible ball security all year & needs to clean that up. Adam Taylor hasn't played a down of college football.

Look at Alabama - they signed 4 running backs (all 6.0 4* on rivals) in their 2013 class - Derrick Henry, Tyren Jones, Alvin Kamara, & Altee Tenpenny. The year before they signed 5* T.J. Yeldon & 4* Kenyan Drake.

What exactly leads you to think we have too many running backs? We have 5 scholarship running backs (Abdullah, Cross, Newby, Taylor & Wilbon). That seems like a decent number. My concern is that we don't have another back behind Ameer who's proven he can be that guy that can take the team on his back

Imani Cross was hot & cold throughout the year & hasn't proven himself to be that reliable back that can be counted on every game IMO. Terrell Newby had terrible ball security all year & needs to clean that up. Adam Taylor hasn't played a down of college football.

Look at Alabama - they signed 4 running backs (all 6.0 4* on rivals) in their 2013 class - Derrick Henry, Tyren Jones, Alvin Kamara, & Altee Tenpenny. The year before they signed 5* T.J. Yeldon & 4* Kenyan Drake.

We don't take too kindly to those who compare to Alabama recruiting around here...

Anti-Racist_Rednecks.png

• Fire 1

Sometimes, its not about playing football, but rather bragging rights to say "I played football for the University of Alabama the year they won the National Championship under Nick Saban" They may not have seen the field or even played in their career, but they got a ring.

Sometimes, its not about playing football, but rather bragging rights to say "I played football for the University of Alabama the year they won the National Championship under Nick Saban" They may not have seen the field or even played in their career, but they got a ring.

I think most players would rather say they actually played, but that's just me.

I have a pretty good hunch on Taylor. I know we havent seen him yet, but just that how he wanted to redshirt to give his knee a little more time and to get totally aclimated to school and the workings of the program just tells me that's a young man with the long term in mind and his head on straight. I just bet he's ready to make a big splash.

Better to have too many than not enough. I'd rather have a glut of talent and be able to pick the best performer to start, even if it means that someone ends up transferring out, than to have a couple injuries and have to trot out Mike Nobler when we get in a jam.

• Fire 1

Looking forward to seeing Taylor, get his chance. Newby doesn't seem to be the back I thought he would be. He doesn't seem to have the quick's to make any moves to make anyone miss.These two were tops in there state, now I just hope the Huskers have hit on at least one, of these two.

GBR!!!