Pelini - I am who I am

knapplc

Well Pete Carrol is in the news since his team is going to the Super Bowl. History show that they had coached together. Since there is no Nebraska team going to the Super Bowl ever, why not ask the Husker coach about his past with the guy taking the Seahawks to the big game.

No no, you're right, obviously it was Bo just trying to ride Pete's coattails.

WTF?! You completely missed the point of my post and, showing your insecurity, took it to a place I wasn't trying to go.

My point is that when I think of Bo Pelini the last person I would have guessed he would have looked up to/emulated is Pete Carroll. Bill Parcels, Bill Belichick, but not Pete Carroll. The two could not be any more different when it comes to media relations.

Try reading a post before you assume what the point is. I swear, more than half the stuff you Bo-lievers attribute to Bo-leavers is made up in your head.

lol last part may have just been me poking the bear

I'd say all the articles Sipple has written defending Pelini's personality and behavior is all you need to know about the way Bo is perceived.

I kind of get tired of all this nonsense, at the end of the day, just win f'ing football games and don't act like a jackass. As much as the negative articles about Bo's personality dredge up these conversations frequently, so do Sipples articles defending Bo. Positive or negative, we are still talking about Bo too much. Start playing clean football, win a few more games and the spotlight goes to where it should be. The Nebraska Football team. Then nobody has to fight the demons of the underworld at the gates of hell, they can just play ball.

• Fire 3

I think Bo's got a lot of admirable qualities and goes the extra mile to treat a *lot* of people the right way.

Everyone in Lincoln though?

I'm not sure he really wants to go down the road of, "Well, if you knew how I treated people in private, you'd think different."

Because we've already heard one private blow-up and that doesn't really seem like a one-off, totally out of character showing.

Bo doesn't need to apologize for his on-field behavior though (for the most part, and I mean lately). And the Bo Face, you nailed it, man! :lol: You know, I think Bo could turn this whole thing into a positive and take this in stride. For example, while he's on this charm offensive, how cool would it have been to say, "You know why they focus on me? 'Cause this mug." And pull a Bo Face. And crack a smile. Shoot, we'd love him forever.

I found it interesting leading up to the Super Bowl that Bo talked about how much he learned from and looks up to Pete Carroll. One area where they could not be farther apart is media relations.

Where Carroll's first impulse is to smile, make a joke, and play the game, Bo's first impulse is to be defensive, angry, and to build walls. And it's not as though Bo is any more under the microscope: Carroll was coaching an elite program in the second-largest media market in the country.

Bo must think he has amazing instincts: He suspected everyone in the administration and media are out to get him, only to discover that that is mostly the case. What he doesn't realize is that he created the animosity in the first place.

Excuse me? Pelini and Carroll both played pranks on their football team. They are practically the same guy.

Bo also plays pranks on his team, but c'mon, that doesn't make them the same guy ;) (sorry, that was sarcasm, wasn't it?)

By the way, that's the first time I've heard it argued that audiogate wasn't some private moment unintended for public eyes and ears. I don't think arguing that helps his case.

I'm not sure I'd equate that two year old recording in the aftermath of a game and press conference of how Pelini treats people in private. He was still in full coach mode with the tape.

How about the incident in the basement of the Cornhusker, then?

Zing!

• Fire 1

I'm not sure I'd equate that two year old recording in the aftermath of a game and press conference of how Pelini treats people in private. He was still in full coach mode with the tape.

Explain

I don't know the details, only that "it" happened. Da Skers probably knows all about it, I'd rather not dive into it as there are a number of people within the athletic department that read this board and know who I am.

If I am going to war on the field, I want Bo in my corner. I am/was the type of athlete who needed someone to be in my face making sure I was doing the right thing and I had a lot more respect for my coaches that were honest than I did with sunshine pumpers. I appreciate Bo's intensity and LOVE for his players. Current and former players backed him when all of the a-holes were trying to get rid of him and badgering him over every little thing he did.

What I don't understand is when people say, "he is not the Nebraska way." What exactly is the Nebraska Way? Do they want him in bib overalls acting like a hick on the sidelines? Acting like TO? Maybe Devaney...if I recall, Devaney was a pretty big hot head.

Explain

I don't know the details, only that "it" happened. Da Skers probably knows all about it, I'd rather not dive into it as there are a number of people within the athletic department that read this board and know who I am.

There's a name for what you're doing here but I think I can only say it in the woodshed. It involves a male fowl and the word tease.