Pelini - I am who I am

knapplc

I'm not sure I'd equate that two year old recording in the aftermath of a game and press conference of how Pelini treats people in private. He was still in full coach mode with the tape.

How about the incident in the basement of the Cornhusker, then?

Explain

I don't know the details, only that "it" happened. Da Skers probably knows all about it, I'd rather not dive into it as there are a number of people within the athletic department that read this board and know who I am.

Really?

Landlord: "well, what about that broken vase?"

board: "What broken vase?"

Landlord: "I don't wanna say, my Mom reads the board"

.....if the vase is really broke, your Mom already knows about it....

• Fire 2

I'm not sure I'd equate that two year old recording in the aftermath of a game and press conference of how Pelini treats people in private. He was still in full coach mode with the tape.

How about the incident in the basement of the Cornhusker, then?

Explain

I don't know the details, only that "it" happened. Da Skers probably knows all about it, I'd rather not dive into it as there are a number of people within the athletic department that read this board and know who I am.

Really?

Landlord: "well, what about that broken vase?"

board: "What broken vase?"

Landlord: "I don't wanna say, my Mom reads the board"

.....if the vase is really broke, your Mom already knows about it....

Honestly I thought this was a lot more common knowledge. Didn't mean to be a tease.

I think Landlord's more familiar than he lets on, but is wisely avoiding being a third-hand storyteller (thank you).

Though it should probably shock nobody if they were told that Bo's brushed people the wrong way here or there. (I'm sure everyone in the world has) He also sticks up for his players and that's a huge strength of his, holding the team together through a lot of thick and thin. Most of us love that and just wish it didn't come hand-in-hand with lashing out reporters, refs, or critical fans.

I'm sure I'd get a long with Bo Pelini just fine. He seems like a straight shooter with an old school mentality and there isn't a fake bone in his body. That doesn't mean I think he's cut out to take Nebraska to the promised land or even close to that.

Yet he is demeanor is one of two things in Husker history you would erase.

I'm also known as a passionate guy. A "wears his emotions on his sleeve" kind of guy. I can sometimes fly off the handle and I used to be a violent person. Always looking for a fight. So technically, if I have to fly off the handle and kick someone's ass, it's their fault not mine. Its just how I am. I am who I am.

Exactly. If half the things I said while playing Mario Kart were perceived as the way I honestly consistently feel about my family, friends, princess Peach, bananas, etc., people would probably think I was an angry jerk, but thankfully no one cares enough to record/leak that kind of thing. I'd rather no one passes judgement on me by my actions in my worst moment, so I ought not do it either.

Exactly. If half the things I said while playing Mario Kart were perceived as the way I honestly consistently feel about my family, friends, princess Peach, bananas, etc., people would probably think I was an angry jerk, but thankfully no one cares enough to record/leak that kind of thing. I'd rather no one passes judgement on me by my actions in my worst moment, so I ought not do it either.

difference is he gets paid 3 million dollars a year and represent Nebraska. how much per year do you get paid playing Mario Kart?

• Fire 2

difference is he gets paid 3 million dollars a year and represent Nebraska. how much per year do you get paid playing Mario Kart?

The fact that he is in a high-dollar, high-profile profession is why people notice and care. But it doesn't make his angry outburst any more of a reflection of his true character, IMO.