GT: Illinois at Nebraska - 8PM - BTN

Callahan was tweeting that Groce big timed the huskers and wouldnt even entertain answering their phone calls....

Sure glad Miles answered that call!

Amen. We've got our coach.

Can't wait to see what he can do next season with Hammond coming in. Love what he's doing this season. Far exceeded my expectations for this season. The fact that there's any remote conversation of the dance is insane to me.

First close, good game I'd been to all season. Electric atmosphere man - being in the student section was a ton of fun. Chanting "swamp ass" at Rice for the sweat stain on his shorts was one of the funniest things I'd been a part of in a while.

That surprises me a little, it didn't seem as loud on TV tonight as usual, but it is hard to tell on TV. According to his post game conference, Miles felt the same way.

Brian Rosenthal@HuskerExtraBR 37m

Miles gives the crowd a "B-minus" grade tonight.

Robin Washut@RobinWashut 39m

Miles gave #Nebrasketball crowd a B-minus tonight. “We need some Dr. Dre. We need some heads ringing.”

First close, good game I'd been to all season. Electric atmosphere man - being in the student section was a ton of fun. Chanting "swamp ass" at Rice for the sweat stain on his shorts was one of the funniest things I'd been a part of in a while.

That surprises me a little, it didn't seem as loud as usually on TV tonight as usual, but it is hard to tell on TV. According to his post game conference, Miles felt the same way.

Miles gave #Nebrasketball crowd a B-minus tonight. “We need some Dr. Dre. We need some heads ringing.”

Overall I would agree. There were a few times that it became absolutely deafening (the loudest I've ever heard an arena in person), but a foul or timeout would kill it each time. It cranked up when it really needed to, but could have been better throughout.

^ that. The second there is a swing in momentum and we get the entire arena into game with people standing the opposing team calls a timeout, and then the next possession is quiet. Also we seem to get super loud when we are coming back, or else start building a lead. Anything in between is very average. I wish the fans could be amped up every defensive possession.

i'll have to admit i've never been a basketball of any level or any time. I've enjoyed playing the sport, but never really liked watching it. Id only pay attention to the march madness but only for the cinderella stories. Even then didn't watch the games. But Seeing all of yalls talk about coach Miles, his tweets and the funny stories yall and the radio has shared of him. Has made me take notice of the him and the team for the first time ever. This year i've even started watching the games and cheering them on through out the games. See the games of Ohio State, Indiana and last night makes the games look fun to be at.

It's true that Groce really ignored our professed interest in him, but to be honest........most coaches with a shot at Illinois and the Chicago area athletes vs. what Nebrasketball HAS always been, would have probably made the same choice so it's hard to fault him for that decision.

However, that doesn't lessen the satisfaction of sticking it to him like last night. Awesome. (hope we can replicate that AT Illinois in 2 weeks.)

I wonder how much Shields Dad being there motivated him? His Mom has been there a few times, but I know they alternate supporting Shavon and a sister playing D-1 (volleyball I think) and a younger son at home.

Maybe that explains his attacking attitude last night. Whatever the motivation, that was more like the Shavon of last year as another poster mentioned. Great Win.

Great win last night! Played tough "D" and had some very weird fouls called on us and what about the traveling or double dribble that was not called. Ha, Miles has us going in the right direction and you have to love the fact that we are a very scrappy team especially in our house!

It's true that Groce really ignored our professed interest in him, but to be honest........most coaches with a shot at Illinois and the Chicago area athletes vs. what Nebrasketball HAS always been, would have probably made the same choice so it's hard to fault him for that decision.

However, that doesn't lessen the satisfaction of sticking it to him like last night. Awesome. (hope we can replicate that AT Illinois in 2 weeks.)

I wonder how much Shields Dad being there motivated him? His Mom has been there a few times, but I know they alternate supporting Shavon and a sister playing D-1 (volleyball I think) and a younger son at home.

Maybe that explains his attacking attitude last night. Whatever the motivation, that was more like the Shavon of last year as another poster mentioned. Great Win.

I dont have an issue with him taking Illinois over Nebraska. That is a better job.

I have a problem with him ignoring our calls and "big-timing" us. Nebraska has a better foundation to be successful than Ohio, and yet he saw this as far too big of a challenge.

Miles has done more with this team than Sadler or many others before him. I strongly believe in what he is doing and he did it the right way.

The question has always been what needs to come first: Winning or the support of the fans.

He got the full support of the fans and the winning is following it... and a big part is the Vault.

• Fire 1

That surprises me a little, it didn't seem as loud on TV tonight as usual, but it is hard to tell on TV. According to his post game conference, Miles felt the same way.

Miles knows exactly how to relate to the younger generation. Gosh I love him.

I dont have an issue with him taking Illinois over Nebraska. That is a better job.

I have a problem with him ignoring our calls and "big-timing" us. Nebraska has a better foundation to be successful than Ohio, and yet he saw this as far too big of a challenge.

Miles has done more with this team than Sadler or many others before him. I strongly believe in what he is doing and he did it the right way.

The question has always been what needs to come first: Winning or the support of the fans.

He got the full support of the fans and the winning is following it... and a big part is the Vault.

Well said.........!