Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Today's Bubble Tracker

What happened:

Wisconsin beat Penn State - a couple Penn State wins could have put them in the Top 100 which would have been nice but now Wiscy will be ranked (and regarded) more highly

St. John's wins - currently one of the First Four Out along with the Huskers

Clemson wins - bubble team

Iowa beats Purdue - pretty neutral but we beat Purdue twice

Southern Miss wins - currently a Next Four Out (behind NU)

Florida State wins - Next Four Out

Marquette loses - they were trying to get on the bubble

Indiana beats Ohio State - fairly neutral although we play Indiana twice - means more for the conference tourney

UAB loses - Husker opponent

Illinois is playing out if their mind and just won at MSU. Terran has been off the past two games and that has me worried. We cannot do anything on offense when he and pitch are on the bench

Terran how about Ray he hasn't done anything since big 10 play has started if he steps up this team can do some damage

Today's Bubble Tracker

What happened:

Wisconsin beat Penn State - a couple Penn State wins could have put them in the Top 100 which would have been nice but now Wiscy will be ranked (and regarded) more highly

St. John's wins - currently one of the First Four Out along with the Huskers

Clemson wins - bubble team

Iowa beats Purdue - pretty neutral but we beat Purdue twice

Southern Miss wins - currently a Next Four Out (behind NU)

Florida State wins - Next Four Out

Marquette loses - they were trying to get on the bubble

Indiana beats Ohio State - fairly neutral although we play Indiana twice - means more for the conference tourney

UAB loses - Husker opponent

Indiana has played well and is now on the outside verge of the bubble. They are going to be pumped up now, we better bring our A game. I think they also hold the tie-breaker between us if we both finish 9-9. So we could still wind up anywhere from seed 4 to 7 for the conf. tournament.

Indiana has played well and is now on the outside verge of the bubble. They are going to be pumped up now, we better bring our A game. I think they also hold the tie-breaker between us if we both finish 9-9. So we could still wind up anywhere from seed 4 to 7 for the conf. tournament.

Yeah, if we both finish 9-9 they would win the tie-breaker as they beat Michigan (assuming Michigan is the #1 team in the conference).

I think at this point we control our own destiny. Two more wins should be enough to jump over a couple teams to get us in. I hope we don't get the 4th seed in the conference tourney so that we have a better chance of padding our win total against a team at the bottom of the conference. This will come down to the last game of the season which makes it fun. Getting in at the expense of Mizzou would be icing on the cake.

Latest Bracketology from ESPN's Joe Lunardi - Huskers #2 in First Four Out

Lundardi said before NW that the Huskers needed three more wins, didn't matter against who. I'm not sure that will be quite enough unless one of them is Wisconsin. He's obviously much more of an expert than I am but that would mean we finish the season 3-3, possibly without any of those three wins being over a tournament team - although Indiana is looking better. A win over Indiana looks a little better than it did a week ago but that would likely leave them 7-11 and 8th in the conference which isn't that impressive overall. I think if we beat either Wisconsin or our second B1G tourney opponent (assuming we're not the #4 seed), we'll be in. If we go 2-2 the next four games, we're going to be hoping for some help to sneak in.

Latest Bracketology from ESPN's Joe Lunardi - Huskers #2 in First Four Out

Lundardi said before NW that the Huskers needed three more wins, didn't matter against who. I'm not sure that will be quite enough unless one of them is Wisconsin. He's obviously much more of an expert than I am but that would mean we finish the season 3-3, possibly without any of those three wins being over a tournament team - although Indiana is looking better. A win over Indiana looks a little better than it did a week ago but that would likely leave them 7-11 and 8th in the conference which isn't that impressive overall. I think if we beat either Wisconsin or our second B1G tourney opponent (assuming we're not the #4 seed), we'll be in. If we go 2-2 the next four games, we're going to be hoping for some help to sneak in.

Mav, the Indiana game is key. We must win that one and if we beat Wisconsin, I think we would be in regardless of what we do in B1G tourney! Are you thinking if we win these next two, we still need to win a game in B1G to get in? Not sure how Minnesota gets in over us if we win the next 2?

Mav, the Indiana game is key. We must win that one and if we beat Wisconsin, I think we would be in regardless of what we do in B1G tourney! Are you thinking if we win these next two, we still need to win a game in B1G to get in? Not sure how Minnesota gets in over us if we win the next 2?

Indiana would still be a nice win, as they are a Top 100 team. As I said, I think beating Wisconsin with any other win would put us in. If we win these last two, losing to a poor team in the first round of the conference tourney would smart but I would think we'd still be in.

But I was worried about having to play AT Indiana before they handled Ohio State yesterday. Now I'm sure it will take a great game to get out of Bloomington with a W.

The other reason that a win at Indiana would be nice is they have a chance to make a late run. Lunardi currently has six B1G teams in although Minnesota is the last one. I think the B1G gets six although someone has to grab that last spot. I don't think we get seven. If Indiana finishes the regular season beating tOSU, us and Michigan, they could have the same conference record as us and a better overall record and two wins over Top 25 teams late. They would be putting themselves in a spot to push for that last spot in the tourney as well.

Agree Mav, the Indiana game is key! I think it could weigh much more than a loss to Wisconsin would!

If we were to lose to Indiana, we may have to win vs, Wisconsin and 2 games in the B1G tourney. If we win vs. Indiana and play well against Wisconsin and win 1 at the B1G tourney, I still think we are right there!

Indiana would still be a nice win, as they are a Top 100 team. As I said, I think beating Wisconsin with any other win would put us in. If we win these last two, losing to a poor team in the first round of the conference tourney would smart but I would think we'd still be in.

But I was worried about having to play AT Indiana before they handled Ohio State yesterday. Now I'm sure it will take a great game to get out of Bloomington with a W.

I agree with the Wisconsin +1 scenario. After looking at it closer, I don't think wins over Indiana and whoever we would play in the first round would be enough, but a win over Wisconsin would be a huge boost in RPI and attention. I feel better about our chances at home against Wisky than I do on the road at IU.

I feel better about our chances at home against Wisky than I do on the road at IU.

This is where I'm at as well. We've really only played one really good game on the road this year. We've played everyone tough at home. But Wiscy might be the toughest team we've played at home all year so it will be tough.