Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

Dummy here. Please explain "committee" selection, in particular, bubble thing. Hand-picked humans? Computer formulas? Sportscasters groups? Polls? I admit ignorant for bracket seeds. Myself, worst than BCS ..... more controversy.

It is a group of ADs and conference commissioners. Interestingly Creighton's AD is on the committee.

Heres the rest:

Joe Alleva, director of athletics, Louisiana State University;

Scott Barnes, director of athletics, Utah State University;

Doug Fullerton, commissioner, Big Sky Conference;

Mark Hollis, director of athletics, Michigan State University;

Judy MacLeod, executive associate commissioner, Conference USA;

Ron Wellman, director of athletics, Wake Forest University;

Jamie Zaninovich, commissioner, West Coast Conference.

What it would do is kill any chance of NU-CU meeting in the first round assuming the seedings matched up.

ZERO CHANCE. The moon has better chance a falling out of the sky and landing in Holmes lake. First all CU will be 2 or 3 seed, neb will not be a 14/15 seed more like 11 seed. Second they won't have them playing in the first round, the committee will save that for a 2nd or 3rd matchup.

I would love to see Creighton & Wichita St play, but that will not happen unless Creighton is a 4.

Dummy here. Please explain "committee" selection, in particular, bubble thing. Hand-picked humans? Computer formulas? Sportscasters groups? Polls? I admit ignorant for bracket seeds. Myself, worst than BCS ..... more controversy.

It is a group of ADs and conference commissioners. Interestingly Creighton's AD is on the committee.

Heres the rest:

What it would do is kill any chance of NU-CU meeting in the first round assuming the seedings matched up.

ZERO CHANCE. The moon has better chance a falling out of the sky and landing in Holmes lake. First all CU will be 2 or 3 seed, neb will not be a 14/15 seed more like 11 seed. Second they won't have them playing in the first round, the committee will save that for a 2nd or 3rd matchup.

but.. the moon can't fit in holmes lake.

Heres the rest:

That's why I said "assuming". Your last statement was what I was getting at.

As a Gophers fan, I'll say congrats and Nebraska by far deserves an NCAA tournament bid. Almost no doubt in my mind that they will get one either, regardless of what happens this week. Miles is a great coach and he would get my vote for Coach of the Year. The atmosphere I saw on TV tonight for your game was insane. Haven't seen that at any other arena all season long. Didn't even think it was possible for Nebraska fans to rock the gym that much. Anyway, fun team to watch, and I hope my Gophers can get a rematch in the Big Ten Championship game!

• Fire 3

Didn't even think it was possible for Nebraska fans to rock the gym that much. Anyway, fun team to watch, and I hope my Gophers can get a rematch in the Big Ten Championship game!

Neither did any of us... Our fanbase is so permeated by older demographics, before tonight it would have been unthinkable to imagine ANY Nebraska sporting event, even football but especially not basketball, where the entire crowd would stand the entire game. But it happened. That's an achievement beyond words.

Thanks for registering and offering your words - hopefully you'll stick around! We've got a number of opposing teams' fans that are regulars and bring a ton to this place.

BTW Lunardi has us as one of the last 4 teams with a bye. SO for now, no play in game

Lunardi uses BPI ratings for his brackets and the NCAA committee uses RPI. For example:

Iowa - BPI 20 & RPI 40s & Nebraska BPI 59 & RPI 35 This is why the NCAA does not use his BPI ratings.

Does he actually use BPI or is that just ESPN's version so he plugs it as a good company man?