so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

I have yet to hear, thanks for the great job, I will do only enough to keep it. Kinda lame, what else is the man going to say. Yea he hasn't done it, he has tried. He has another year, we need to get behind him this year. Next year the same, it will be long enough. I am not happy with the job he has done, but my guess is there are people that are not happy with my job performance at times. I am glad I do not have to watch over my shoulder every living second.

Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

2 of those 5 games are huge. Fresno St, who only had the season they did last year, losses their elite QB. Its not going to be easy for them to get a guy in and do what they did.

Miami, look at their record last year. The only thing that would worry me about this team, is how much exposure there is going to be and it getting to the players. Letting it be a bigger game than it should be. (IE Texas game)

Michigan St, they just amaze me with how up and down they have been and then win the Rose Bowl. I don't believe they were elite, but they are good enough to be concerned about.

Wisconsin, they lose a ton of starters and have a lot of shoes to fill. They lose some key OL, LBers and TE's. A lot to account for, but Anderson is a good coach and they will be competitive.

Iowa, until they can show they can replace their whole experienced, big and physical defense, I am not concerned. They replace all 3 starting LBers, Safely, a DL, DB, a few OL and a very talented TE in Fiedorowicz. Just too many keys to their success last year that will be missing. That, and they don't even know who will be their starting QB, once again.

You don't think Michigan st had an elite team last year. That's, uh, insane. And please don't tell me that Nebraska "should have won" because that's absolutely on its face ridiculous. Nebraska never once led, showed early they were way too undisicplined and and unprepared to even hold on to the football on simple running plays, and needed a mercy score at the end to make the score appear closer than it was. This was all at home by the way.

You can give the Nebraska fan shrug and say with all of the self conceived knowledge that some think is acquired simply by walking under the signs at Memorial Stadium that call you the greatest that "well to me, they aren't that good. I've seen good teams and they aren't one" all you want. I hope it makes you feel better. I've heard it about Michigan St, Wisconsin, and any other team of late that has embarrassed Nebraska. Wisconsin has taken great pleasure and ease in handing the Huskers their ass 10 out of the 12 quarters they've played. MSU built off the lucky break NU got in 2012 and thumped them. The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

These are not good things. And they're happening in front of a coach who's had the better part of a decade to do things his way. It needs to change and it needs to change now.

• Fire 6

I have yet to hear, thanks for the great job, I will do only enough to keep it. Kinda lame, what else is the man going to say. Yea he hasn't done it, he has tried. He has another year, we need to get behind him this year. Next year the same, it will be long enough. I am not happy with the job he has done, but my guess is there are people that are not happy with my job performance at times. I am glad I do not have to watch over my shoulder every living second.

Do you really think a company that you have worked for for 7 years and yet you are still making rookie mistakes that they are going to keep you? To me it shows he hasn't learned from his mistakes cause he keeps making the same ones year after year. Why is it so hard for him to go to another coach and ask how he gets rid of player fumbles? coaches ask other coaches all the time to improve in the off season. I think Bo is trying to keep it all in house and if he is that's where he is failing. Our offense is average at best and our defense is below average at crucial moments and last year special teams debacle kept continuing. Bo has had 2 really good years and that is it. So for now good seasons vs total seasons he is 2-6. He needs to figure something out......

99, I have little confidence that Bo will right the ship. But I think he has been given another year to sink or swim. I could care less one way or the other if he succeeds, but I want Nebraska to be the team I have watched over the years, so I will support him through this year. I think the vast majority of fans are like me. Not real proud that Bo is our coach, but want the best for the program. I think the extension/raise deal is a statement. No rewards for average work, no commitment to continued mediocrity.

I will be behind 100% if I see a team that looks like last years Bowl team. I could care less about win or losses, but by whom and why we had that loss.

We have him for another year, no changing that. We should all be Nebraska fans, not Bo fans. Right now he is the best we have, I hope he gets it done.

• Fire 1

It technically takes a coach 15 years at least to implement his system, establish recruiting, and establish depth at each position. Also, what Head Coach doesn't need the time to train and teach his assistant coaches how to do their jobs? It's only fair Bo gets 8 more years to get us to the unattainable 3 loss or less season. The game has changed guys, and with all the challenges Nebraska faces, it's just harder for us. I'm a Boliever.

• Fire 3

You don't think Michigan st had an elite team last year. That's, uh, insane. And please don't tell me that Nebraska "should have won" because that's absolutely on its face ridiculous. Nebraska never once led, showed early they were way too undisicplined and and unprepared to even hold on to the football on simple running plays, and needed a mercy score at the end to make the score appear closer than it was. This was all at home by the way.

You can give the Nebraska fan shrug and say with all of the self conceived knowledge that some think is acquired simply by walking under the signs at Memorial Stadium that call you the greatest that "well to me, they aren't that good. I've seen good teams and they aren't one" all you want. I hope it makes you feel better. I've heard it about Michigan St, Wisconsin, and any other team of late that has embarrassed Nebraska. Wisconsin has taken great pleasure and ease in handing the Huskers their ass 10 out of the 12 quarters they've played. MSU built off the lucky break NU got in 2012 and thumped them. The Iowa games, which so many here think every Hawkeye fan should bow and kiss our hands for being so benevolent to even grace the field with our presence with them (nevermind that they have the most recent BCS appearances), well they weren't exactly easy wins for NU and this year was an embarrassing loss in front of a Memorial stadium that wasn't even close to full.

These are not good things. And they're happening in front of a coach who's had the better part of a decade to do things his way. It needs to change and it needs to change now.

No I don't think MSU had an elite team, is there a problem with that? IF we knew how to hold onto the ball, that game would have had a whole different outcome. If you fail to realize that, then that's on you. I could honestly give two sh#ts less. I give my opinion and am not knocking anyone down about theirs, but you sure in the f#*k like to try to do that. Get the f#*k off your high horse man. People are allowed to have their own opinions and not be ridiculed about them or do we all have to think like you do?! If I had the attitude you did about this program, I sure in the f#*k wouldn't be visiting boards and trying to have a discussion about them.

Yeah last year we only had 2 blowout losses with the easy schedule. But this year we have Fresno St, Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa. A little bit more loaded. Bo does need to fix the depth issue and not use it as a excuse. Ever year it can't be about depth. That means you aren't recruiting right. I support Bo but Bo has to dig himself out of it. I hope this year he does good and breaks some trends he has had the past couple of years but not going out of the way just to keep a guy.

2 of those 5 games are huge. Fresno St, who only had the season they did last year, losses their elite QB. Its not going to be easy for them to get a guy in and do what they did.

Miami, look at their record last year. The only thing that would worry me about this team, is how much exposure there is going to be and it getting to the players. Letting it be a bigger game than it should be. (IE Texas game)

Michigan St, they just amaze me with how up and down they have been and then win the Rose Bowl. I don't believe they were elite, but they are good enough to be concerned about.

Wisconsin, they lose a ton of starters and have a lot of shoes to fill. They lose some key OL, LBers and TE's. A lot to account for, but Anderson is a good coach and they will be competitive.

Iowa, until they can show they can replace their whole experienced, big and physical defense, I am not concerned. They replace all 3 starting LBers, Safely, a DL, DB, a few OL and a very talented TE in Fiedorowicz. Just too many keys to their success last year that will be missing. That, and they don't even know who will be their starting QB, once again.

If the last decade has taught us anything, it's that Nebraska can't afford to check off any game in the win column before it's been played.

Lucky break in 2012? Care to tell me what that break was? Just for clarity.

I agree with about everything else you posted.

Lucky break in 2012? Care to tell me what that break was? Just for clarity.

I agree with about everything else you posted.

I don't specifically know which of the terrible calls are being counted as lucky but both MSU and PSU games in 2012 were horribly officiated.